[WIP] Captains heresy log: new wb herald wip p4

captainblow

Tacticals nearly done. Need to do some details, bases, and fix some stuff like eye lenses etc.

25873289431_27d1913993_z.jpg

25335541144_184126ef64_z.jpg

25339518683_53e2908aa6_z.jpg

Quite some difference in the shades of red sadly, I blame my inability at working with tamiya clear red. Hoping the final satin coat will tied it all together a bit.

Loving the red, and some variation should be fine, the Word Bearers are spiralling into full-blown chaoticism and madness after all, so uniformity might not be that high up on the list...

Hey, they are the sanest bunch out there!

And Captain, it still looks great.

Thanks guys!

Loving the red, and some variation should be fine, the Word Bearers are spiralling into full-blown chaoticism and madness after all, so uniformity might not be that high up on the list...

You make avalid point, thanks!

all i can think  about when i look through this thread is a bunch of word bearers snorting cocaine while screaming " THE TRUTH " 

the minis are top  notch tho

Cast down the idols!

Destroy the temples!

Slay the priests!

Snort the coke!

I honestly think your Word Bearers are some of the most beautiful mini's I've ever seen, can't wait to see more!

You give me way too much credit!

Anyway.

26011332481_df4a32582b_z.jpg

Reckon the ultramarine is too dark?

Finishing the tac squad tomorrow, and hopefully the leviathan as well.

Normally I'd say yes, but now I think it works perfectly! :) The darker shade of blue doesn't detract from the nice shade of red and I think a lighter blue would do just that. Either way, tremendous work!

Normally I'd say yes, but now I think it works perfectly! :) The darker shade of blue doesn't detract from the nice shade of red and I think a lighter blue would do just that. Either way, tremendous work!

Thanks mate! I was hoping it wouldnt draw the attention from the actual model, glad that's working out :)

Right, some of you might have seen these in the casual hobby challenge thread, but I figured I'd post them in here as well.

26031999711_5e7a64f90d_z.jpg

26053821971_cfaa132811_z.jpg

26053822391_f1846de6e8_z.jpg

26120181465_011807f6e0_z.jpg

This thread exclusives!

So anyway, drunk hobbying is bad... Why is it bad?

You stick a wrong numbered numeral brass etch on a contemptor, say VIII instead of XIII... oops haha! (Now we can pretend I wanted it to be from the 8th company, or whatever)

25882165120_47cee496fe_z.jpg

Charlie's angels:

26129109376_89b45ea3ca_z.jpg

Next up is gonna be the ETL ramp up, not saying I'm gonna do a ton of points. But I do want to contribute.

They're stunning man! I hope you realise that I'm stealing the pose of that sergeant msn-wink.gif

By all means mate please do, the dude is basically a crew member from the grav rapier, think all the bits bar the head are from that kit.

Anyway small update, haven't had any time to paint but did do some posing on a praevian.

26183139862_1e71c08c75_z.jpg

Thought the master of signal head would be cool for a cortex controller/designator. Is it too much?

10 man plasma squad almost ready for primer as well, need to mount them on corks etc.

Started sawing off resin chunks off my spartan. It's the old style tracks because I've had the kit sitting here for ages, so that's got me somewhat worried hearing all the horror stories.

Once I get that sorted I'm building Lorgar, a plain centurion, 2 castellax and maybe a 10 man culverin squad. Also got a typhon or fellblade I want to get ready for etl. But it might be a bit too hopeful to get all that built before May.

Next update is gonna have more pics :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since I painted my tartaros "herald" and found out he was illegal, I wanted to make a proper herald.

Got some inspiration today and put this guy together in an hour or so:

26056570213_9dc79a319e_z.jpg

(blutacced together)

Quite happy with how he worked out.

Also did some work on a chaplain, zardu and the blade slaves, lorgar and some other stuff. but that's for etl.

What do you think about the new herald?

Archived