I, HLVW, hereby pledge the forces of 121st Darkstar Regement under Captain Atticus West to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of 10x Storm troopers with 1x plasma gun and grenade launcher at 190pts will do their duty no matter the cost.

http://i.imgur.com/gbctuwc.jpg?1

121st Darkstar Regiment Commander: Field Marshal Janus Croft

Storm Trooper Platoon Commander: Captain Atticus West

Regiment Motto: Feet first into hell

Deployment orders: While conducting operations along side the Templars Nemesis crusade, Field Marshal Croft received the deployment request for troops to participate in the assault on Lutum. Already being knee deep in Necron and Tau skirmishes, the Field Marshal was hard pressed to cut away any of his forces. However upon making his request to Marshal Adonis, the commander of the Nemesis crusade, he was granted permission to send a small tier 1 force in support of the Imperial Guard mission to Lutum. Field Marshal Croft immediately dispatched a small ship carrying the Elysian elite storm troopers under the command of Captain West. Before departing Captain West received a Vox transmission from Marshal Adonis with instructions to bring further glory to the Nemesis crusade and a not so subtle reminder that failure is never an option.

Motivational Speech Prior to a Drop.

Motivational Speech Prior to a Drop.

"Rise and shine, 6am and your hand can’t make it to the alarm clock before the voices in your head start telling you that it’s too early, to dark and too cold to get out of bed. Aching muscles lye still in rebellion; pretending not to hear your brain telling them to move. A legion of voices are shouting their unanimous permission for you to hit the snooze button and go back to dream land. But you didn’t ask their opinion, the voice you have chosen to listen to is one of defiance. A voice that said there was a reason you set that alarm in the first place. So sit up, put your feet on the floor and don’t look back; because we’ve got work to do. Welcome to the grind, for what is each day but a series of conflicts between the right way and the easy way. The thousand screams fan out like a river dealt out before you; each one promising the path of least resistance. The thing is, you’re headed up stream, and when you decide to turn your back on what’s comfortable, what’s safe and what someone called common sense; well that’s day one. From there it only gets tougher, so make sure this is something you want, because the easy way out will always be there, ready to wash you away. All you have to do is pick up your feet. But you aren’t going to are you! With each step comes the decision to take another, you’re on your way now, but this is no time to dwell on how far you’ve come. You’re in a fight against an opponent you can’t see, but you can feel him on your heals; feel him breathing down your neck. You know what that is? That’s you, your fears, your doubts, your insecurities all lined up like a firing squad ready to shoot you out of the sky. But don’t lose heart; while they are not easily defeated they are far from invincible. Remember this is the grind, the battle royal between you; your mind your body and the devil on your shoulder, that’s telling you this is just a game, this is just a waste of time, that your opponents are stronger than you. Drown out that voice of uncertainty with the sound of your own heart beat; burn away your self-doubt with the fire lit beneath you. Remember what we’re fighting for and never forget that momentum is a cruel mistress; she could turn on a dime with the smallest mistake; she is ever searching for that weak place in your armour, that one tiny thing you forgot to prepare for. So as long as the devil is hiding the details; the question remains; is that all you’ve got? Are you sure? And when the answer is ‘yes,’ when you’ve done all that you can to prepare yourself for battle, then it is time to go forth and boldly face your enemy, the enemy within. Only now you must take that fight into the open, into hostile territory. You’re a lion in a field of lions, all hunting the same elusive prey, that desperate starvation that says victory is the only thing that can keep you alive. So believe that voice that says you can run a little faster, you can throw a little harder and that for you the laws of physics are merely suggestions. Luck is the last dying wish of those that believe winning can happen by accident, sweat on the other hand is for those that know it’s a choice. So decide now because destiny waits on no man. That when your time comes and there are a thousand different voices trying to tell you that you’re not ready for it, listen instead to that lone voice of descent, that says you are ready that you are prepared and it’s all up to you now. So rise and shine, and step feet first…..into hell." Unnamed Stormtrooper Sergeant

I've made some progress on my vow tonight, basic colours are done:

gallery_30308_10604_15913.jpg

Turns out the skin and robes are most of the model which is convenient! The other bits will be finished tomorrow :)

He's looking good! I should really buy some Empire Flagellants to make some priests. The raggedy look is better than I thought it would be.

For the rest of you I'm still waiting for some progress shots - post them up to share and motivate! biggrin.png

The Lord Commissar sends out the call, and the Inquisition responds. I just finished the Taurox Prime that will carry my 8 Scions this evening. Here it is:

med_gallery_66537_9465_303798.jpg

med_gallery_66537_9465_100125.jpg

med_gallery_66537_9465_385240.jpg

After posting these pics, I realised I had neglected to paint the aquilas on the hotshot volleyguns. This is now done.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It feels like it's not as dirty as my other vehicles, but as I was putting the much on those fenders would be blocking much of it so that's why above the tracks it's not too muddy. Anyway, time to start painting the Scions tomorrow (they are primed and ready to go).

I'm tempted to get one for my Scion squad now, but all things in good time. For now more immediate concerns such as finishing models...

gallery_30308_10604_5068.jpg

Hidden Content
Father Guterun was another of the Inquisitor Lord's acolytes sent to the 144th to provide service; his skill with his blessed shield something that leaves a deep impression on those who witness his abilities in battle. Once again the taciturn Arukan soldiers found his rabble rousing and fervour odd, but useful just like Boeka's. What caused initial confusion - and still does - is that the two priests loath each other with such a passion that were it not for their mutual service to the God-Emperor might spill over into violence. Even Firionel is at a loss as to the cause of this rift, and despite several explanations from each priest about the two divergent cults on their world is none the wiser. To the Arukani the two Mankunian priests are entirely identical.

It is fortunate that the extent of their displeasure at each other is limited to scowls from afar and a competition on the battlefield for Firionel would have no patience with more, but he has found that the troops respond well to this "friendly" rivalry on the battlefield. That neither priest will ever be able to raise his cult above the other in Firionel's eyes is not something they need to know, especially as long as their attempts to do so only bring more heroics and victories to the 144th's banner...

Great work everyone thumbsup.gif

I have now returned from my travels and the missing Scion heads have turned up so I am ready to start on the Kasrkin.

Sorry for the poor quality photo :(

gallery_62353_11005_119930.jpg

I, Uneven Frostgun, hereby pledge the forces of [something] under [someone] to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of one Militarum Tempestus Command squad with one power fist, one grenade launcher, one med kit, one vox caster and one command banner leading two Militarum Tempestus Scion squads with one power sword, two vox casters, two flamers and two melta guns at [something something I haven't looked yet] will do their duty no matter the cost. 

IMG 20160214 222743

Its late at the moment so I will update this tomorrow... also, FIRST POST! :woot:

I, Uneven Frostgun, hereby pledge the forces of [something] under [someone] to the reclamation of Lutum in the name of the Emperor. The contribution of one Militarum Tempestus Command squad with one power fist, one grenade launcher, one med kit, one vox caster and one command banner leading two Militarum Tempestus Scion squads with one power sword, two vox casters, two flamers and two melta guns at [something something I haven't looked yet] will do their duty no matter the cost.

Its late at the moment so I will update this tomorrow... also, FIRST POST! woot.gif

Nice! Are those Cadian Hostile Environment bitz? And welcome to the Barracks, trooper!

First test model done in the cam scheme I wanted to try out, however I'm pretty sure I screwed up the multi cam I was going for.

http://i.imgur.com/VqYLkTV.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/3kMz2ri.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/6EAi1GA.jpg?1

Also if there is anyone in the barracks that could give me some advice on highlighting camouflage(I know oxymoron right there) that would be greatly appreciated.

I still need to add grass to the base, and whatever other corrections I can think of before painting the remainder of the squad.

Hope you enjoy the WIP.

HLVW

Welcome to the B&C Frostgun, that's the sort of entrance we like ;) Looking forward to seeing your models painted up :tu:

That camo is great HLVW, but you might regret having to paint it a countless times... :lol: For camo best to highlight the base colour (green) and let the camo do its own thing :)

That is some amazing-looking camo there, HLVW.

I would not do any highlighting on that, it looks perfect as-is. I agree with WarriorFish, though, that if you really feel you want to do some highlighting, only do the base colour. What I have done in the past is paint the whole model in the base colour, do the highlighting, and then add the other colours. The highlighting tends to completely disappear I find, though, or make thinks look too much like a jumbled mess. So I stopped doing it.

Your camo is really really impressive though. Any chance to a tutorial?

Thanks Nico, I hear what you are saying and see your point, maybe I'll just try a pin wash as I would like the armour plates to be more defined. I can do up a tutorial and post it on my WIP thread here so as not to tie up and more space in this one. I'll try and get that done tonight with the other painting I have planed.

Indeed, especially for such a richly detailed scheme. For my troops the highlighting is achieved by washing the green, but that's chiefly a colouring thing. For your scheme I'd give it a go on the next model to see how it goes but as Nico said don't be surprised if it doesn't make a difference!

For the rest of you don't think my interest in camo has me distracted - I'm still waiting for more update pictures! The month is ebbing away...

Archived