[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

But wouldn't an axe with BA be a better choice for challenges vs other sergeants as we wound marines on 2s with axes? And we save 10 points?

They won't always be Sgts, or may have FNP or some such. And power fists are only 5 more points.

Save the points and don't.

Find a more constructive way to express an opinion like this, as I'm getting tired of seeing your name on reported posts.
It is entirely constructive. Defensive unit unlikely to charge does not neee a 50pt sergeant taking up the points for a Power Sword and Power Fist, and then needing artificer armour to keep them alive.

He has 2 attacks, unlikely to charge.

Edited by Flint13
Let's not fire shots plz

But wouldn't an axe with BA be a better choice for challenges vs other sergeants as we wound marines on 2s with axes? And we save 10 points?

They won't always be Sgts, or may have FNP or some such. And power fists are only 5 more points.

Ah I got the cost of the fist wrong.

Hmm okay, would a fair description be - low number of attacks means a fist is almost always better, but something with lots of attacks would benefit from the axe? Is there a circumstance where a sword is viable? I assume a mace is never a good idea.

Look, a few of the legions have forced challenges, or will challenge anyway.

So you need to try and protect him a little.

Granted he might not last up to a Phoenix spear at i6, but ap3 in a challenge is generally useless. Unless your lucky you opponents a goon and thinks that arty armour on the sarge is a waste.

But it's exactly as terminus says. Fnp? Il take that away by fisting your head open.

Well, the Blood Angels' LA rules don't give them a whole lot. Rarely will Castellax or Vorax need a to wound bonus, I think.

It does seem like they'll have a good role in a fire soaking battery that a lot of folks wouldn't expect from a IX legion army though.

Well, the Blood Angels' LA rules don't give them a whole lot. Rarely will Castellax or Vorax need a to wound bonus, I think.

It does seem like they'll have a good role in a fire soaking battery that a lot of folks wouldn't expect from a IX legion army though.

Would mean they're better able to wound other mechanicum stuff? But yeah overall not a huge bonus.

Been toying with the idea of a praevian armed wih inferno pistol and blade of Perdition along with castellax

An inferno pistol is pretty useless for a Praevian, you want something with a bit of range to help the bots shoot :) But whilst they dont synch up particularly with the blood angel rules (Until we get a Heavy flamer armed bot :D ) they are pretty useful in general!

Darkfires are 60", s7 ap2 heavy 2, blind, lance, gets hot!(?).

Theyre probably the best weapon option since otherwise its the Mauler Bolter which is Ap3 or a Multi melta which has range issues.

Though remember that taken with a Praevian, they gain LA:Blood Angels too.

Vorax with A Praevian would be pretty nasty since they have a fair number of ap2 attacks at initiative and can take an Irrad-cleanser alongside Poisoned 4+ Rotor Cannons.

I should really stop skipping the rules sections in the books :biggrin.:

You weren't wrong though so its no biggy!

They are expensive though since they bring the cost of a Castellax with one up to the 100+ points per model range.

Castellax are already 105pts base... Plus it's probs best to just think of them as a 120pt model with the targetter :happy.:

Keep forgetting the base cost change.

Not necessarily.

When your enemy is shooting at them, they're essentially just a more expensive basic Castellax. It's typically a good investment, but not required.

Plus unfortunately, anything with a Praevian can't take the Paragon upgrade :(

Not necessarily.

When your enemy is shooting at them, they're essentially just a more expensive basic Castellax. It's typically a good investment, but not required.

Plus unfortunately, anything with a Praevian can't take the Paragon upgrade :(

Ah, yeh, didn't even think of that. I'd probably save PoM for a Calix or Vanilla Thanatar to be honest.

Or an Arlatax though he does already get a few of the POM buffs standard or with the Arc Scourge.

But for the Blood Angels, Automata just get killier when taken with a Praevian which never really was an issue for them anyways.

It does help them get a beefy unit and with Darkfire Castellax help alleviate the possible Anti-Tank issue that LA:BA causes.

I was set on castellax but now I'm not sure all over again!

Seems like vorax would be nice to give him a pretty scary cc bodyguard, but castellax are probably still a better choice albeit super expensive... might just have to puchase both!

Looking at the day of revelations rite of war, if BA are the attacker, we don't need to take any assault marines, right? As there are no compulsory troops.

It means losing a lot of the benefits, but I can't help but feel the init buff is a big deal for us.

I'm going to be playing against a DA/DG shattered legion list it appears...

Can vorax be as lethal in CC as a Blood Angel CC unit for a comparable cost?

Edit: Also, not to derail the thread: can somebody PM me the fluff for Praevians? Are they junior officers at a company level or battalion/chapter level consular officers?

Edited by Marshal Rohr