[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

Ok so a little tactics.

I have thought up a pretty fluffy themed army using the row

Praetor, paragon blade, jump pack, all the usuals.

Centurion - chaplain encarnine blade art armour refractor

Centurion - primus medicae (or mos for ds goodness?) encarnine blade art armour refractor.

Damocles rhino

Troops

Assault squad X 15 3 pwr weapons, sarge has mb, fist and combat shield

Times twice more (3 squads)

Contemptor talon

3 contemptors w chainfist. Assault cannons.

Javelin (ds) assault cannon.

Fire raptor

Dakka preds x2

Las vindi.

How does that look? Assault marines ds in t1. Damocles hopefully stops scattering.

T2, hopefully the jav and fire raptor arrive. Contemptors run up and assault cannon stuff, charge if possible. Assault squads get assaulting!

Blind tests maybe, I'm pretty sure blind grenades work in the shooting phase, like a frag grenade.

And encarnine fury lets you roll on one better to hit to a min of 2+ (3+ normally,-1 encarnine fury, enemy reduced to ws1)

Yes pastel, theyl be hidden to begin with behind armour or buildings, at least hopefully.

If the rules change as mentioned theyl be getting pods. Actually now come to mention it, they are the only elites..so pods all round!

Won't even need a las rapier, and makes the list even more fluffy.

Think Itl work? I might trial this next week before I splash out on models

Blind tests maybe, I'm pretty sure blind grenades work in the shooting phase, like a frag grenade.

And encarnine fury lets you roll on one better to hit to a min of 2+ (3+ normally,-1 encarnine fury, enemy reduced to ws1)

Yes pastel, theyl be hidden to begin with behind armour or buildings, at least hopefully.

If the rules change as mentioned theyl be getting pods. Actually now come to mention it, they are the only elites..so pods all round!

Won't even need a las rapier, and makes the list even more fluffy.

Think Itl work? I might trial this next week before I splash out on models

I thought Encarmine Fury gives +1 to wound, not to hit:blink.:  Is there some special rule about hitting in the RoWs?

Blade of perdition I mean sorry. Got excited with encarmines!

1 wound counts as 2, ap2 at initiative, master crafted, two handed

Although when it causes two wounds, each wound is saved against separately. Worth noting vs Eternal Warriors and stuff

Okay, that's pretty cool. On a budget character, they are like Paragon Blades.

A PBlade Praetor loses out in the 2 wounds an EW, but gains the ability to ID on a 6, Wound on 2's, and an attack with a Pfist.

How do you have 4 HQ slots?

On the Heroes, do you want a refractor or Boarding Shield? Boarding Shields give the squad Defensive Greandes.

Have you considered bringing in some Telekinesis Librarians rather than the Chaplain and Medicaes? Gives them Assail so that your targets cannot run away (Yay, autohit strikedown, Force, maybe maelstrom of Levitation; no people do not like Assault Marines moving 24" and then assaulting.

I feel the list is missing some pie plates to keep the enemy seperated, which lets you take advantage of the I5 Pile In to gank particular things like PFist Sergeants. I'd probably drop the Fire Raptor (you have AP3 out the wazoo with S5 Power Swords at I5 effectively) for something like a Medusa Battery for barrage. Hit them with a medusa, cut the unit in half, try and gib the Sergeant, if not charge in, and try and get the AP2 Perditions on the Sarge before they can pile in and get more Look Out, Sir.

Basically yes! I'm trying to punch one in each squad for extra power. They should be able to slay most characters (using row to) at i5, and if you wound with 3, that's 6ap2 saves the enemy will have to make!

Tempted to stick one on my praetor tbh it's that good.

Ok so i was thinking about a recon squad in there to get some non scatter goodness, what do you think?

I agree with you, pie plates or I have found cheesewinds do a very good job because of the indirect fire as well.

I can drop out the las vindi, and replace with a pie plate thing.

I'm going for a fluffy feel, I think I could justify that, as it's like a prelim bombardment before assault marines land.

Also don't forget the Damocles has an orbital barrage which will spread out t1/2 , after that I'm in combat. 4hq- are the Damocles not a command vehicle from the praetor or am I getting confused here? If not il have to have a look at that, I think Damocles is essential for this to work.

I haven't thought about Libby, are they that effective? Tbh a friend of mine uses one and always casts that 4+fnp and eternal Warrior one it's a bane with his jump pack dudes. What psychic specialties are best? Biomancy and divination?

Also looking at the contemptors, how about flipping to temptor cortis, now stripping the points from a regular contemptor will allow for something else to be included.

I'd say no to the Praetor imho. S5 +1 to wound, and +1 to attack is better.

The Damocles is sadly a HQ unit on its own. Only the UM get it as a MoS Dedicated Transport. It isn't a DT for a Command Squad or Praetor at all, unless the BA or latest rules release changes the Damocles at all.

Recon Squad is okay, but at 160pts per I'm not sure.

As to the Libby, i think they are one of the most utilitarian. Pyromancy is flat out the worst in my estimation. I have a soft spot for Telekinesis, maybe a throw back to having the hots for Famke Janssen in Xmen and that I liked playing them in D&D back when, but yeah. There isn't much more fun than rolling Levitate, Maelstrom and Focus for Assail. There are some not so good powers, sure. But the primaris is excellent on an army that is going to want to move/counter assault. Biomancy has the overall strobgest powers for chewibg face in an Assault, but they shpuld really be doing that anyway, nor can you rely on rolling the necessary one power you need for it. Endurance is pretty cool, but I more often see DG running that because it comes from Morturg and morturg gives you Infiltrating 4+ FNP dudes with relentless Graviton Guns or Multimeltas.

And yes. Ibwas never a fan of the Contemptor because I didn't think the extra reslience was necessary to pay another 50pts for (despite its value). Now you get half the bonus (AV13, 5++ vs Shooting) in exchange for +1 attack and rage at the expense of WS4 for only 10pts more than a similarly equipped Boxdread.

Edited by Hesh Kadesh

Ok so taking onboard that advice I could shoot with..

Damocles

Praetor, as described with paragon blade etc

Centurion Libby, mastery 2, perdition blade etc boarding shield

3x 15 man assault squads, with 3 power weapons. Sarge has a fist, art armour and combat shield

6 man recon squad

3x contemptor cortis in pods. 1 has grav fists, the other two have assault cannon hands/fists etc

Javelin missiles and assault cannon

Fire raptor, auto cannons

2 preds, tl ass cannon, ass cannon sponson, ass cannon pintle.

Rounds it off to just under 3k.

Guessing original plan of Damocles hidden up, either in scenery or shielded with rhinos in the centre perhaps (giving 24" range)

Blade of Perdition is better than a paragon blade in most ways.

A paragon blade is 5 melta bombs... to make it master crafted is a further 3 melta bombs.

The blade of Perdition is 4 melta bombs and allows you to ALSO make your other weapon master crafted.

You'll wound on 3s rather than 2s which sucks, but the 2 wounds at a time is going to come up more often than a single wound (how does the two wounds at a time thing work against a unit?! Can a BA Praetor potentially kill a terminator squad on his own...? )

So, do you guys think that the extra 20 points per 10 man tac squad for the extra blade is an auto buy for us now?

Also, now that we've had a few days to process all of this, what do you guys think?

Rules and RoWs good, fair or not?

Edited by m0nolith