[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

I think it could work quite well as a reaction unit. You keep him back and counter fire some terminators or a dreadnought that has gotten too close for comfort. A little sacrificial but potentially hilarious. Or could do well deep striking into backfield?

Very limited range though, obviously.

I think it could work quite well as a reaction unit. You keep him back and counter fire some terminators or a dreadnought that has gotten too close for comfort. A little sacrificial but potentially hilarious. Or could do well deep striking into backfield?

Very limited range though, obviously.

If you got No-Scatter Bubbles down there, go for it! Otherwise your risking a Mishap :x!

Yeah have him hover about back/midfield to whack a spartan or that cheeky contemptor running up your flank?

I like the idea of a zohan moritat with twin hairdryers, ready to make someone (or something) silky smooth.

But yes, hairdryers are pretty short ranged.

I might put one together, if only to style 'the Avalon' hair.. My Fabius hair turned out pretty good tbh.

Edited by Theredknight

You'd only be able to kill those within 6" of you, and on Terminator bases, considering you are only to no closer than 1", on 40mm bases, that is possibly 3, maybe 4 at most. Which is a gpod return, provided that said Moritat isn't gibbed.

But said Moritat has to kill the Dreadclaw first, or be playing the few legions who get DS Terminators, and hope that it survives their Combi Plas/Melta; meaning another 225pts in some JP Destroyers who cannot help elsewhere in the list.

S7 Glancing on a 5 to kill 3 HP's is pushing it. Still you're adding a lot of points here to maybe 1/game kill 3-4 models with no actual reliability.

It might kill a Vehicle 1/game, maybe two or even 3 if its a Squadron, but you've got to wait until Turn 2 or even 3.

He also isn't killing Praetors. 2+ Look Out Sir.

Edited by Hesh Kadesh

Melta Support Squads render that a Non-Issue since you can get 10 Melta Guns into a Pod or, if you're feeling like it, 10 Multi Meltas by using a Heavy Support Squad or 9 + Librarian for Endurance to give them relentless.

Is look out sir 3" or 6"? I can't remember now.

Either way, you have a lucky streak and wipe out the squad with him all good.

Tbh it's situational really, he might do well, and in some other games he will suck (may miss first blast for instance)

Play how you wish and post up if he's any good in a battle scenario!!

Edited by Theredknight

Noooo I meant if he passes those look out sirs to the unit (assuming you don't miss) I think one of the pistols is master crafted last I looked, or you can, do you have to roll which one? Like separate dice colours? That be the only fair way I think.

I didn't say it was a win button by far, But could be fun to play with, and if the you manage to get all the way through that (I'm assuming jump pack here) then it was a well planned execution.

Also looking at it that way, if you somehow manage to get within 6" or a character (say back of the unit) and the rest of his unit is within 6" the other side, how does that even work? I mean he is rolling look out sirs from a potential 12" away then.

I know you can only kill up to range, but by look outing, that's sort of extending that range. Even though 'models are representing the unit moving together'

Tbh im not sure even what the average amount of hits would be until you ran out of luck anyway.

It'd just be for one of those 'fun games' probably not a competitive one because there are loads better things you could take for the price.

Unless that js a legion thing (like Sallies), no MCing for Centurions.

As for the Look out sir, that range is representative of someone throwing themself in the way of a Kill Shot, dogpiling the officer or even just pulling him out of the way like you see in all the old slomo 'noooooooooo' bullet time moments. It gets even more hilarious with non Barrage Blast Weapons than an officer not hit by a barrage hut at the front of a unit is gibbed, but prevented by a model who was even further from the blast.

Ah I read about dirty plasma moritats MC one, wondered if it was for all. I didn't play one as I thought they were a bit...iffy.

I suppose if someone was blasting at your commander with two inferno pistols. They'd all rush to protect him? It's all positioning I guess.

You might get away with it one game, but next time you play they sure won't let it happen again!

Yes I'm sure in last editions is was 2 or 3" away, 6" is a pretty massive leap!

Here are some ideas:

-The extra 40 points you need to spend for your 20 man tactical squads giving them +1CCW are points well spent! They would be an excellent mid field troops. Here you can have them FotL and then charge into something the next turn when they cant fire. Adding a apothecary is not a bad idea nether. If however you load them into a spartan you'd be better off just making them despoilers and save the 40 points.

-Even with our RoW, assault marines are still not worth it until they are given a points break. FW has discussed it, but we still dont know what that change its going to be. Although when it does happen, Im convinced that Day of Revelation will be an brutal RoW!

-Power axes are a solid choice for our Cataphractii given the fact they wound on a -1. 

-Spartans are always fun, but be aware you're probably never going to put Sanguinius into one. 

-Assault cannons on EVERYTHING!

Edited by Slipstreams

Merged Both Topics and renamed it to better reflect its current purpose/intent ^_^

...might've had a bit too much fun though.

*cough*

I don't know why you didn't just lock the thread with one post at the start:

1.) Assault cannons? Yes? No?

2.) No? Add more assault cannons.

3.) Yes? Add more assault cannons.

Only problem is that, unless they nab Relentless from somewhere, on the Drop, they'll just be Snap Shooting since Assault Cannons are Heavy.

At 24" 4 Shots each, its still a decent volume of fire and with Rending can do a fair bit but you'll still be hitting on 6's when you arrive.

If you can get Endurance, sure, or they have some other method of Relentless; DG/BA Shattered Legions, for example, with Morturg for Infiltrate and Endurance as well (not got SL committed to memory yet).

I did not know that..

Well I think the idea would be you'd drop in, move and run into a good position and just get some close support fire down.

Even if you don't run, that's still 40 shots going into a unit. Not cheap really, but would be fun to have. Especially in 4K+ games!

I'm starting to feel like the assault cannon thing maybe be a bit overzealous.

Sure, they're good, but they're also starting to pop up in places that they don't work well. Like heavy support squads.

Just bc you *can* replace it with an assault cannon doesn't mean it should be automatic. When all you have is assault cannons, every problem starts to look like an ork ^_^