[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

I love my BA, and so far the fluff snippets from FW proper, not BL, seem excellent. But sheesh, it's like the last time anybody at FW looked at BA's rules and overall power level was 5th edition, and wanted to nerf them all the hell.

And don't even talk about white scars, apparently they have to be the best legion/chapter in both 30 and 40k.

ultras are way better with guilliman's buffs/OP squads

Because box dreads are a lot cheaper

Thats fair.

I love my BA, and so far the fluff snippets from FW proper, not BL, seem excellent. But sheesh, it's like the last time anybody at FW looked at BA's rules and overall power level was 5th edition, and wanted to nerf them all the hell.

And don't even talk about white scars, apparently they have to be the best legion/chapter in both 30 and 40k.

ultras are way better with guilliman's buffs/OP squads

What does that have to do with Blood Angels Tactica Discussion?

Edited by Slipstreams

Had a look for the Iron halo but couldn't see it... Assumed it was baseline. Oops.

Plasma pistol is an inferno ;)

Overall though I think Destroyers are a hidden Gem with BA. Lots of value from our rules and RoW. Making normsl assault Marines wound on a 2+ is mega value.

Edited by Charlo

It's annoying that there's no rules for unique characters or Sanguinius...

We all know the BA will have a complete transformed ruleset with the addition of future characters...

Rather give them Tank Hunters and a Dreadclaw as usual.

Means that they still have good odds of doing damage to armored ceramite with the re-roll and the vehicle is fast enough to get them into range where they can actually use their 6" pistols.

Edited by Slipstreams

So looking at veterans. How about tooling 2 up with meltaguns, and some up with inferno pistols (they can take serpenta) and round it off with melts bombs and outflank?

Say goodbye to light armour and non ceramite!

Vets tooled up with Furious charge and power swords is a fun one too. Killing MEQ on 2+.

Also, I fully believe that our assault cannon rules stemmed from this conversation, secretly captured from FW between Alan Bligh and GW HQ:

"So Alan, we love your work. You're basically printing money for us... There's just one thing. "

" Yes yes I know, more Primarchs were working on it."

"Rotor Cannons"

"... What about them"

"They don't sell Alan. Fix this."

"But..But how?!? The rules are purposefully bad so people buy more Volkite!"

"I don't care how Alan just fix it."

AND THAT'S HOW EVERYTHING GOT AN ASSAULT CANNON.

Rather give them Tank Hunters and a REDCLAW as usual.

Means that they still have good odds of doing damage to armored ceramite with the re-roll and the vehicle is fast enough to get them into range where they can actually use their 6" pistols.

FTFY ;D

He is just a space marine without shoulder pads... Literally.

So... Shattered legions using the RoW with Sons of Horus allies for reavers (or even Emperor's Children for Palatine blades)... Would they benefit from all the 1st turn deep strike and such? If so HOO BOY.

Well when BA get some more jump units I won't have to!

I kid anyway, shattered should definately only be used for fluffy armies.

Do we think Assault squads are possibly usable with our RoW?!? Thier over costing made up by our multiple buffs?

Also, I fully believe that our assault cannon rules stemmed from this conversation, secretly captured from FW between Alan Bligh and GW HQ:

"So Alan, we love your work. You're basically printing money for us... There's just one thing. "

" Yes yes I know, more Primarchs were working on it."

"Rotor Cannons"

"... What about them"

"They don't sell Alan. Fix this."

"But..But how?!? The rules are purposefully bad so people buy more Volkite!"

"I don't care how Alan just fix it."

AND THAT'S HOW EVERYTHING GOT AN ASSAULT CANNON.

If I had enough space I would sign this, you almost had me ROFLOLing in the middle of one of my classes.

I know it's not tactics, but how the hell are we going to make all these assault cannons?

Do you think the Baal pred turret is acceptable? Are we going to have to order lots of terminator arms and chop them up? Will they fit in contenptor fists? Rotor cannons are ok on guys, but assault cannon sponsons on preds, like khere's arms?

Hear me forge world, hear me now!

Edited by Theredknight

Obviously all the options aren't in battlescribe yet so a few points adjustments needed but how about this list?

Pretty much replace all Heavy Flamers with assault cannons. Primus and Preator both have our cool sword. Moritat runs with an inferno and serpenta.

Preator can join the bug assault marine unit with the Primus for a decent deathstar and the other assault squad charges what it can. Destroyers to take advantage of our RoW and hopefully pin some stuff on the drop.

Single land speeder to fulfil the requirements and knock some hull points off random things.

Attsck bikes with assault cannons are a poweful and versatile unit.

Assault canon Preds advance targeting what needs to.

Leviathan to join in the turn one deep strike, also with some clever positioning could pass on shrouded from its pod to the already 5+ getting assault Marines, meaning 3+ cover (or 4+ I forget).

+++ BA Heresy (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2500pts) ++

+ HQ (495pts) +

Legion Centurion (160pts) [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Refractor Field, Volkite Serpenta]

····Consul [Moritat]

Legion Centurion (155pts) [Artificer Armour, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Refractor Field, Thunder Hammer]

····Consul [Primus Medicae]

Legion Praetor (180pts) [Artificer Armour, Digital Lasers, Jump Pack, Melta Bombs, Paragon Blade, Plasma Pistol]

+ Troops (675pts) +

Legion Assault Squad (380pts) [14x Legion Assault Space Marines, 3x Power Weapon]

····Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

Legion Assault Squad (295pts) [9x Legion Assault Space Marines, 2x Power Weapon]

····Legion Assault Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Weapon]

+ Elites (415pts) +

Legion Destroyer Squad (415pts) [Jump Packs, 9x Legion Destroyer Space Marine, 2x Missile Launcher with Suspensor Web and Rad Missiles Only]

····Legion Destroyer Sergeant [Artificer Armour, 2x Phosphex Bombs, Power Weapon]

+ Fast Attack (300pts) +

Legion Attack Bike Squadron (225pts) [5x Heavy Flamer, 5x Legion Attack Bike, Melta Bombs]

Legion Land Speeder Squadron (75pts)

····Legion Land Speeder [Graviton Gun, Multi-melta]

+ Heavy Support (615pts) +

Legion Predator Strike Armoured Squadron (210pts)

····Legion Predator Tank [Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamers]

····Legion Predator Tank [Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamers]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (405pts)

····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Grav-flux Bombard, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger, 2x Twin-linked Volkite Caliver]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [iX: Blood Angels]

3/10

Not enough assault cannons - IGN