Lostrael's Dark Angels

Lostrael

There is no reason inform the inner circle, it's all heresy.:D

I had my problems with this head, the face is very detailed, even the eyes, but it is simply too big. Putting the head on a normal torso, or one of the DA ForgeWorld torsos, it looked like ahmm... a Chibi-marine.:wacko:.

So if someone were to attempt a true scaling his counts-as-azrael grand master, this would be good head due to the size?

There is no reason inform the inner circle, it's all heresy.:biggrin.:

I had my problems with this head, the face is very detailed, even the eyes, but it is simply too big. Putting the head on a normal torso, or one of the DA ForgeWorld torsos, it looked like ahmm... a Chibi-marine.:wacko.:.

So if someone were to attempt a true scaling his counts-as-azrael grand master, this would be good head due to the size?

:blink.:

Nooo... the haircut is too outdated... too much Dark Age Age of Darkness

Edited by Lostrael

Well, I feel ashamed that I've missed this thread by not being on the B&C for a while :sad.:. If I were to have been here, I would have said "excellent work, my friend". There are a lot of pages to go through but it should be fun seeing all your backlog of work.

Oh, and excellent work, my friend :happy.:!

Thanks, good to see you back. :smile.:

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_86236_11073_156464.jpg

There was a little Hedgehog on one wip photo.

I bought a box of familiars to get a raven for my Librarian biker. This little Hedgehog was also in.

Had no idea what to do with it so decided to use it as piece of base decor.

In hindsight I should have put it on the open palm of a power fist. :happy.:

• 1 month later...

gallery_86236_11651_391456.jpgMy computer has decided that it does not like my phone anymore, so I directly uploaded an uncut picture. Sorry for that.

Just finished the 3rd of my Assault Squad. One more to go.

I wish I could say I'm not slacking but I have to admit I've done very little painting in the past month. :blush.:

I really like the Cypher packs.  I imagine that he got his around the same time as your DA and he has had it ever since.  It is a nice detail.  Where did you get so many?  Did you cast them yourself?

As always, that black is stunning!  Do you dry brush the Light Green Blue on straight or do you mix it with some black first?

Top notch work!

@ Malcifer:

I mail odered all my Cypher backpacks from GW's bitz service years ago - I imagine Lostrael maybe did too?

The black colour can be achieved through careful layering or feathering by using a little P3 Coal Black or Vallejo Dark Sea Blue; adding it first to black, then straight, and finally with a little white or light grey mixed in. ;)

I really like the Cypher packs.  I imagine that he got his around the same time as your DA and he has had it ever since.  It is a nice detail.  Where did you get so many?  Did you cast them yourself?

As always, that black is stunning!  Do you dry brush the Light Green Blue on straight or do you mix it with some black first?

Top notch work!

My idea was to start a successor chapter that I can use for playing 30K and 40K. (Proxy wars can get confusing)

Founded on Caliban and send out into the void, equipped with typical armament of that age.  

Though I'm not sure what they did during the time of the Horus Heresy and Calibans fall. (Maybe I should not ask)

The backpacks were sold by GW a while ago. I decided to buy some before they stop production or move it to Fine Cast. :dry.:

When painting the black armor, I dry brush a mix of black and Light Green Blue, starting with a dark mix and then go lighter step by step. If I mess it up I paint it darker or black again.

The wash helps a lot to smooth small brush strokes. 

Lostrael:

The assault squad is coming along nicely. In fact, I would dare say you're executing near perfection; there's a lot to appreciate with these guys: the sword, the blacks on the armor, the choices of bits, the contrasting colors, and the bases are all incredibly well done.

Thanks for sharing.

FC

Thanks to all of you. It's a big motivation.

I found the idea to make the bases for my assault squad here in this forum, though I cannot find the post anymore.

Also good idea what to do with left over milliput. :smile.:

gallery_86236_11651_8698.jpg

gallery_86236_11651_88349.jpg

I have to think of cookies.. unbaked cookies, baked cookies, grown over cookies :blink.:

Thanks to all of you. It's a big motivation. 

I found the idea to make the bases for my assault squad here in this forum, though I cannot find the post anymore. 

Also good idea what to do with left over milliput. :smile.:

Hmm, it wasn't this thread/post or this one that inspired you was it? ;)

Anyway, they look excellent - well done! B)

Ok I'm facing a little problem. (besides of having now so many cuts in my fingers, that my phone has problems to recognize my fingerprint)

While trying to figure out a suitable candidate for Brother Arkley's Paladin Challenge I put together 2 models.

First one with 2 swords.

Second was a try to see if I can build a kneeling knight with the bits I have... and some accessory.

gallery_86236_11073_30002.jpggallery_86236_11073_63989.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_46110.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_43811.jpggallery_86236_11073_2903.jpggallery_86236_11073_30462.jpggallery_86236_11073_81054.jpg