Lostrael's Dark Angels

Lostrael

Than the second it shall be. :yes:

I love the movement of the first marine, but the second brother just screams story! While I love the kitty, have you considered maybe placing a helmet of a fallen brother or something along those lines?

Something like that? Perhaps I have some MKIII helmets left.

gallery_86236_11073_51946.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well :cuss:  This is what I get for ignoring all the project threads in the DA section...   Nice work.  I may need to speak to you in a couple months about the Cataphractii pad molds...  It is good to see what the FW torsos look like before I order Prospero.

I have skimmed in spots but I didnt see it asked, (green was asked twice tho.) exactly what is your Black recipie...  

Thanks guys.

The level of detail that you put into your models is epic! To say great job on the layering and highlighting would be an understatement and detailing on the face is superb! How, sir, do you do it???

slow and purposeful. I like to try out stuff. Sometimes it works... sometimes it brings questionable results :ph34r.:

Tried to make a fierce red sword...
Looks like a lollipop:sweat:

gallery_86236_11073_4458.jpg

That sword affect is awesome, also really like the blue robes instead of the use of blue armour, may have to steal this =).

I read of blue robes of the Librarius in The Lion HH Novel and tried that out. That's why some of my Librarians have blue robes.

Well :censored:: This is what I get for ignoring all the project threads in the DA section... Nice work. I may need to speak to you in a couple months about the Cataphractii pad molds... It is good to see what the FW torsos look like before I order Prospero.

I have skimmed in spots but I didnt see it asked, (green was asked twice tho.) exactly what is your Black recipie...

I posted some black, just hidden behind spoiler tags :biggrin.:
A problem of black is that you see every dust grain on it. My ravenwing is currently developing a fur, because it has not been played for a while.

I hope FW will do some shoulder pads for DA... I mean it was fun to build the molds, but I'm ready bad in working with green stuff... It's sticking everywhere.:wacko.:

http://33.media.tumblr.com/fb4ef2db586918e81f3ec232578fd5e5/tumblr_nse818yjat1sewlfco1_500.gif

It looks soooooo goooooood. Marvelous work Lostrael!

Nice blue robes you got there. It would be a shame if someone were to ... steal it... :ph34r.:

I can't say I ever had the problem of flinging models around with my hair. Just how long is your hair?!

Really beautiful work once again! :biggrin.:

Is it just me, or is the blue of the winged areas more blue in each new photo of bikes...? I was sure it was more white at the beginning! :tongue.:

You have a good eye. :happy.:

My feathers always change. Cannot help it.:biggrin.:

I paint my ravenwing since 4 years... nearly all bike feathers look different. 

This time I started with ice blue and adriatic blue on the front feathers... a week later I remembered I also had to paint the feather on the back but used sky blue instead.

From somewhere I got the notion that my champion should wear a cloak.

So I had an idea to use the cloak back part from one of the Deathwatch Death Masque box models, but of cause it would not fit to a kneeling knight and I'm really bad at sculpting.

gallery_86236_11073_20724.jpg

So I made a copy of instant mold. (Took 5 minutes)

gallery_86236_11073_14908.jpg

Created a thin layer of milliput and pressed it into the form, waited an hour, so it was still flexibel but hard enough to remove it from the form.

I cut the raw cloak into shape and fixed it to the model.

gallery_86236_11073_5436.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_27647.jpg

put some paint on it.

Not 100 percent happy with the edges.:unsure.: Maybe next time.