+ 126th Grand Company - Iron Warriors +

Monstra Sumus

If I ever do Iron Warriors, they will be traitors. My Fists need someone to fight against when they're in the cabinet, after all. :biggrin.:

Regarding the Thorakites, I think it's an awesome idea, very thematic. I can't comment on crunch much (not really my strong suit in the hobby :tongue.:,) but the imagery that you've conjured in my head is so awesome I can't imagine suggesting anything other than to run with it.

It's not going to be incredibly hard hitting, and will probably get taken to pieces by anyone who's actually in it to win it, but the idea of so many bodies and a thematic army trumps that, plus most dudes at my FLGC back in England play Orks and Tau and all that Volkite just gives me tickles! 

I'm thinking of using the Tempestus Scions as the Thorakites. 

It's not going to be incredibly hard hitting, and will probably get taken to pieces by anyone who's actually in it to win it, but the idea of so many bodies and a thematic army trumps that, plus most dudes at my FLGC back in England play Orks and Tau and all that Volkite just gives me tickles! 

I'm thinking of using the Tempestus Scions as the Thorakites. 

Sounds like it'll be really cool. And rule of cool always takes primacy. Always. ;) The choom is just an extension of that. :D

Tempestus Scions are definitely a good count as for Solar Aux (there's a guy on Heresy30k who does exactly that) and their heads work for the sort of Mark IV-esque look the Thorakites are described as wearing.

Sounds like it'll be really cool. And rule of cool always takes primacy. Always. :wink: The choom is just an extension of that. :biggrin.:

Tempestus Scions are definitely a good count as for Solar Aux (there's a guy on Heresy30k who does exactly that) and their heads work for the sort of Mark IV-esque look the Thorakites are described as wearing.

Well this army is purely rule of cool, as I'm about to show you!

med_gallery_41766_11734_438350.png

gallery_41766_11734_14056.jpg

DUDWA ASHLANDS - IMPERIAL FIST FORTRESS

KARNALI MONASTERY

Vox Traffic Recording from Artillery Section 7 - Platform 1

GC - Kobol and SD - Kobol

++ K-1! You taken the shot yet? ++

++ Neg, K-2. Realigning gun ++

++ Aff, K-1, it's just these corpses are piling up, already down three belts ++

++ K-2, they're only human. When you run out, just punch them ++

++ (Weapons fire)--ck you, K-1 ++

= Heavy audio distortion =

++ K-1...you going to fire that gun or what! ++

++ K-1 to Section ComOps, target neutralized, requesting Medicae to S7/P1 ++

++ K-1 HAVE YOU FIRED THE BLOODY GUN? ++

med_gallery_41766_11734_224164.jpgmed_gallery_41766_11734_7992.jpg

med_gallery_41766_11734_118559.jpgmed_gallery_41766_11734_27756.jpg

Kobol 1 and Kobol 2 are the crew for my Medusa Siege Gun.

K-1 is the pintle bolter and specific upgrades.

K-2 is the coaxial heavy bolter.

Thank you for looking!

BT

Edited by Brother Tyrax

Just saw the heavy bolter dude on facebook - immediately saved to favourites and shared with my gaming friends!

Thank you, Disease. I'm really very proud of him! I wanted to do something different for my Counts-As Medusa.

That heavy bolter is epic!

Thanks dude!

K-2 is one of the most unique Space Marines I've seen in a long time! Great job! The characters are great, too.

Thanks, Psycho. I want as many of my models to have their own unique presence as it were. I have hopes of starting a little commission project at some point and want to up my game for such an endeavor.

KARNALI MONASTERY

Vox Traffic Recording from Artillery Section 7 - Platform 1

GC - Kobol and SD - Kobol

++ K-1, report ++

++ Gun jam. Working on it ++

++ Aff. Down to my last belt. Throw me your bolter ++

med_gallery_41766_11734_92765.jpgmed_gallery_41766_11734_352093.jpg

med_gallery_41766_11734_134852.jpg

On another section of the battlefield, Aikos Mataloi had received his orders and with absolute distaste set his men to the task. Was this some kind of punishment for his moment before the warsmith's or was this the touch of fate, a future destiny that struck into the hearts of the IV and turned them midnight black? Aikos alerted the Nomos acting Sergeant; a Terran survivor by the name of Mahrat. The man was more machine than flesh unlike his predecessor, Casulek. Mahrat cycled out the troops of the Nomos unit to a quartet of dour veterans afflicted in the same way as himself. These bionic reapers roamed the battlefield at Aikos behest, rounding up pre-selected members from the tactical and breaching squadrons. Mataloi resented his company commander as he watched Mahrat and his men execute the selected warriors with brutal and quick blasts of their volkite weapons. However, perhaps even more disturbing to the Master of Signals was the fact Mahrat did as he was bidden without hesitation. Maybe he'd traded a turncoat for a psychopath. Maybe he'd just sealed his own fate. His fingers gripped the ribbing on his power maul a fraction tighter.

med_gallery_41766_11734_43514.jpg

The first stage of the company is almost completely built and is ready for a mass painting drive to finish it all by the end of August. The Field Police (Nomos) are awaiting their shoulder pads. I also have 5 MK6 Marines I'm going to bolster my Tactical Squad with but need to source 5 bolter hands for them at some point.

Thank you for looking!

BT

Edited by Brother Tyrax

Wow, the Heavy Bolter and mortar/bombard setup is über cool :smile.: How do you plan on using the big gun ruleswise?

Hey Thorn, the gun will be a Legion Medusa, the H.B Marine represents the built in coaxial Heavy Bolter and the Gunner represents the crew. I hope to have multiples and really bring the pain! 

Wow, the Heavy Bolter and mortar/bombard setup is über cool :smile.: How do you plan on using the big gun ruleswise?

Hey Thorn, the gun will be a Legion Medusa, the H.B Marine represents the built in coaxial Heavy Bolter and the Gunner represents the crew. I hope to have multiples and really bring the pain! 

Cool :) Let the foes of the IVth tremble :devil:

• 3 months later...

med_gallery_41766_11734_10184.png

So I failed my August goal, too many real life obstacles and issues. I decided to take a more laid back approach to modelling and do it as and when I feel like it to prevent a burn out. I did a few Salamanders models for a friend then began working on my army again. Here is the Nomos as a full squad. I just need some more shoulder pads and they are good to go.

Cheers

BT

Good to see you back, mate. Was wondering where you'd gone. Hope everything's alright.

The Nomos are looking good: I'm looking forward to seeing them finished.

I took a few big hits and it laid me low for a bit. Slowly working my way back into the hobby, using it more as therapy than anything. But enough about that, more about this!

KARNALI MONASTERY

The sound of thunder approached, but it wasn't the boom of the guns. No, this was something else. Boom, boom, boom.

It was rhythmic, steady and it made your organs rattle about inside your chest. The thunder got louder and louder.

An explosion rushed out in a blossom of fire and shrapnel to the left of Raider-1; chips of metal pinging from their terminator armour.

The tank released a squealing death wail as it was crushed under the weight of the demi god above it. The hiss of immense pistons and the whine of klaxons

filled the air, followed by a terrible noise. A bleating warhorn cut through the air, drowning out even the rain of shells. The glowing red eyes of the Minotaurokoi

shining like the dread gaze of death itself. The beast, hung with skulls and chains reared up and with a terrible cry, punched its awesome fist into the side of the fortress.

With something crackling from its vox link, the titan began to climb the side of the fortress. Not even the Emperor could help those who lay within.

gallery_41766_11734_14754.jpg

Cheers,

BT

Edited by Brother Tyrax

Very excited to see the character and ideas for the knight become a reality, love the idea for the red eye focal point.

I may have had some free time tonight...

KARNALI MONASTERY

Titan war engines strode across the Dudwa Ashlands; great behemoths of destruction wreaking havoc upon one another. Upon the world around them.

​Yet it was here in the colossal court yard of the Karnali Monastery where you could truly appreciate what it meant when the god machines went to war.

The Minotaurokoi stamped its gargantuan foot down, splattering fleeing soldiers into paste. It cared not where it stood, or where it shot. Members of the 126th, the 101st and the 45th Perakloi all suffered under its wrathful gaze as it persecuted its own war against the Imperial Fists. The engine was a vision of terrible beauty. The way its massive caliber bolt cannon pitched Rhino carries from their berths, explosions opening up like a vibrant red forest. Everywhere its secondary weapons shot it left steaming spumes of acid, half melted warriors and great scorch marks on the rockcrete.

As the 126th watched the metal beast unleash hell, they all couldn't help but notice the twitching movements of its giant power claw. The way that every sound and shadow caused the machine to whir on its central axis. The way its glaring red eyes sought prey, any prey. If you ran, the last thing you heard was the bleat of a warhorn and the spool of the rotary cannon. Then oblivion.

Aikos Mataloi noted that watching the Minotaurokoi at work was the only time he'd seen The Warsmith smile since the Angel Exterminatus incident.

It unsettled him.

med_gallery_41766_11734_61647.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_25200.jpg

I've left his arms fully pose-able; his head and secondary weapons are also on a swivel as is his torso. I wanted a good range of movement with him. I'm really looking forward to painting this beast!

Cheers,

BT

Christ almighty, that looks excellent. Might have to purchase a Knight here soon - can't let the violence against my beloved VII Legion go unanswered, time to fight fire with fire. Alaric of the Watchtower will walk against the Minotaurikoi. :wink:

Thank you Psycho. I look forward to the clash of the titans!

++ Raider 1-1, this is 1-2. Bunker clear, Jackal 2 K.I.A ++

++Hmph. Leave them. Clearance will strip their assets. Push on to the next waypoint ++

++ Aff, 1-1 ++

gallery_41766_11734_50773.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_25283.jpg

Thanks,

BT

med_gallery_41766_11734_459310.png

KARNALI MONASTERY

The assault on the Karnali Monastery had broken the walls open. For some of the Legions, that would have been a victory. The IVth knew that to be childish optimism. Now the real fight began. Like all Astartes, fighting on the home turf would always yield some form of advantage. Attack or defense, most times numbers didn't really matter. This rang true as three entire companies with titan support punished themselves against the fortress, finally breaking into the outer courtyards. The Karnali Monastery was a complex and intricate bastion. A single giant outer wall surrounded it, thicker than a city block. It housed multiple gun batteries and armoured fighting vehicle bays. Countless vantage points afforded cross fire down into any attackers that tried to scale the wall. Even with Titans and space born weapons, it had taken two days to break this wall open enough to let the invaders in. While the World Eaters brayed and howled as the Iron Warrior broke the walls to the palace, the sons of Perturabo were quiet. The gun crew patted each other on the shoulders and the officer corp saluted and congratulated each other on the next stage of completion in their combat operation but now the real fighting began.

The 126th committed assault crews and terminator armoured squads at the front of the fight. The outer wall now breached; it was time to enter the labyrinth of twists and turns, honeycombs of gun emplacements and grenade traps. Hidden barrack rooms and munitions stores would keep the defenders fighting and well supplied while the Iron Warriors fought for every single inch of rockcrete. The stink of ash filled the corridors as volkite and plasma weapons discharged in neon crossfire, leaving white hot flashes along the warriors vision. Grenade bangs would crumple in the middle of squads as they passed choke points, followed by lightning counter attacks by golden armoured warriors who would escape into the walls as quickly as they came. The might of the companies dreadnought forces were useless in these tunnels; even the Terminator armour barely fit, shoulder plates scraping sparks against the walls. When a warrior clad in the armour was laid low, it was an excavation effort to prevent him blocking the passage for the rest of the warriors. Many precious suits of armour and weapons were scrapped during this war for control over the Mahabharat mountains.

Most of the fighting was done by the troopers of the 126th and the Perakloi irregulars. The main assault was led by Sergeant Khanat or Adder 1-1; he'd grown up in the scum alleys of Olympia and the other veterans and officers respected his knowledge of city fighting. He made sure that all of the men under his command were equipped with extra close combat armaments and had orders to use explosive weapons danger close. Chain weapons were encouraged for their maiming properties and he fully authorized firing all bolt weapons on auto, with orders to loot all corpses for ammunition. Only death would exempt you from front line fighting under Khanat. Every inch counted.

[Adder 1-1 Khanat Morteb]

gallery_41766_11734_73025.jpg

[Adder 2-3: equipped for close combat engagements]

gallery_41766_11734_64027.jpg

Cheers,

BT

Edited by Brother Tyrax

• 1 month later...

med_gallery_41766_11734_15174.jpg

It had been 84 days since the crew of the Gloriam Ordinatus had seen active deployment. It had taken 12 solar standard weeks to be retrieved from Meraxes VII and brought to Terra. Operator Thoras placed his palm against the flat armoured plates of the siege weapon; gazing up at its vast bulk. The massive hauling chains rumbled as the giant tank was lifted into a secure position as they readied for orbital drop. Soon, she would rumble across the ashlands and bring persecution to the Emperor's followers. Curious, thought Thoras, when did I begin thinking of it as a she?

gallery_41766_11734_55284.jpg

At the same time the Gloriam was being made ready to come to the surface; vicious and terrible fighting was occurring for control of the Karnali Monastery walls. It was day six of the protracted siege against the Imperial Fist fortress in the Dudwa Ashlands. Most of the top guns had been silenced by counter batteries but that just meant taking the field guns out of the fight. Now came grunt work and that is something the Iron Warriors excelled at. Most of the legions remark on the IV's use of heavy bombardment as their specialty. That is a lie. Yes, they are renowned for their use of war machines but they made their banners on the backs of those who came before. The Iron Warriors march step by step in the face of enemy guns, grim, and resolute. They have absolute belief in victory and it is this conviction that carries the day. The support officers think nothing of the men in their command. There is no brotherly loyalty to their subordinates; they are simply numbers in the great tally of logistics. The camaraderie is reserved solely for non commissioned officers and line troopers. The walking corpses as they called themselves.

Adder 2 are a section of walking corpses who excel at bloody front line work. They are experts in clearing trenches and subduing enemy redoubts. Alongside Adder 1 it is no wonder that these veterans were the first troopers inside the walls when the breach was made.

gallery_41766_11734_51226.jpg

gallery_41766_11734_17543.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look at this update.

Thank you,

BT

Edited by Brother Tyrax