The future of Sisters

MrFlutterPie

So if FW released a campaign book with new units for the space nuns you wouldn't buy that for the Sisters part? Because this is exactly the same kind of thing.

Either we'll get one or the other first but I have a strong feeling that we're going to see a splash release with a campaign book just because of the sheer number of models that need updating. And we won't get rules for stuff with no models so don't count on GW breaking that cardinal rule.

So if FW released a campaign book with new units for the space nuns you wouldn't buy that for the Sisters part? Because this is exactly the same kind of thing.

Either we'll get one or the other first but I have a strong feeling that we're going to see a splash release with a campaign book just because of the sheer number of models that need updating. And we won't get rules for stuff with no models so don't count on GW breaking that cardinal rule.

I'd definitely buy it. I just would prefer everything be in a single book, without other armies rules. I guess it's not that big a deal. When it comes down to it, I would just be ecstatic to see new sisters stuff.

You were making it sound like a big deal but the simple fact is that to get a proper update these days we'll either get a bare bones update with no new options or we'll need two books to play the full Army.

I'd love a full update in just one book but I feel it's better to accept that we won't see that with a single book.

You were making it sound like a big deal but the simple fact is that to get a proper update these days we'll either get a bare bones update with no new options or we'll need two books to play the full Army.

I'd love a full update in just one book but I feel it's better to accept that we won't see that with a single book.

Yeah, I get it,

I'm kinda irked at GW about a whole bunch of things, and I probably overreacted. However, I wasn't exaggerating when I said I got mad thinking about the prospect.

Either way, I feel stupid now. You're right.

Edit: I was also reading at the time. Just finished Death or Glory about Ciaphas Cain. It was fun biggrin.png

The new daemons stuff just got added to the daemon book in a new printing (not incorporated, just sort of appended with no effort made to make it easily usable but whatever). So I imagine something like that would come through eventually if sisters got a campaign.

My point about necessitating a printing was more about from a marketing necessity than a rules necessity. They won't drum up much long term interest unless they have a printed copy to sit on store shelves, so it would make sense that at some point during the campaign they print one.

I would agree. Makes the lack of Sisters rule in Leviathon despite the Sisters featuring in the fluff even more disappointing. Hard to think Sisters may have already missed their best chance at a 7ed style update.

Seeing as GW has talked about what was causing model issues in the past I have a feeling that more OS going on behind the scenes in our favor than people want to give credit for.

Besides FW said that Age of Apostasy was post HH at the soonest.

Seeing as GW has talked about what was causing model issues in the past I have a feeling that more OS going on behind the scenes in our favor than people want to give credit for.

Besides FW said that Age of Apostasy was post HH at the soonest.

What does this mean?

I don't want to raise false hope, but I saw this picture on a Warhammer 40K FB page:

Picture of where the Sisters models SHOULD be in the models exhibit at Warhammer World .

Basically, the cabinet is empty and a card stating "Miniatures on campaign. They'll return from battle soon. Look out for them in a future publication."

Of course there hasn't been any word for the rumourmongers about it, even where they're used for background pictures for other armies...

OR it could mean we are getting new models and they removed the old metals in preparation to build and paint new plastics!!!!!!!!11111oneohmy.png

OR we are getting updated rules in the new monthly WD ala 6ed!!!!!!!!!!!

OR we are getting ready to be squatted!!!!...wait wut?

Pray harder my brothers and sisters pray like our faction depends on it!!!

tongue.png

It's the standard placeholder message for when anything's being done with the models.

They could be being used in photographs, they could be being cleaned... a staff member could be using them to play a game. biggrin.png

It's the standard placeholder message for when anything's being done with the models.

They could be being used in photographs, they could be being cleaned... a staff member could be using them to play a game. biggrin.png

I know a staff member who might use them to play a game. That or touch them up.

I know a staff member who might use them to play a game. That or touch them up.

*Drops display Exorcist on concrete floor*

Since I have this window open . . .

Pulled this from a comment on a miniwargaming video on youtube.

"I'd love to see Acts of Faith turned into a psychic discipline, sisters need a lot of updating to make them worth using (and for the love of the emperor give us plastic models already)."

Of course, we all want plastics, but holy Emperor on Terra, the very thought of making AoFs PSYCHIC POWERS?!? Immediate Exterminatus!

Archived