ETL V Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

Seriously considering making a big push for the ETL, but I have Sooo Much 30k stuff now.

For it to count for the BA Forum it has to be 40k Legal and 40k Costed?

Otherwise if its 30k Costed it has to be pledged to the AoD Forum?

Yup, it's needs to be available for Faction: Blood Angels, with the points costed up from the relevant 40k sources and yes, we're more than happy to help you with that.

Oh, and volkites = count as "Baal-pattern" plasmas msn-wink.gif

One more Question.

I have some Dreadnoughts that are fully Painted, but only have one weapon loadout. Could I paint all the weapons and have that be a pledge and points? Like It has the CC Arm and Assault cannon, but could I pledge just the PC for 10pts, LC for 25 pts... etc. and have a total for just all the arm options?

One more Question.

I have some Dreadnoughts that are fully Painted, but only have one weapon loadout. Could I paint all the weapons and have that be a pledge and points? Like It has the CC Arm and Assault cannon, but could I pledge just the PC for 10pts, LC for 25 pts... etc. and have a total for just all the arm options?

Nope. Only whole models are accepted and of them, only one configuration - so if you plan on magnetising something new, pledge the option with the most points even if you're going to paint every option up.

In short, your Dreadnought is ineligible (unless you're going to strip it, but that's above and beyond the call of duty imo).

To add, I should stress the point that it is your model(s) and that you should only do what you find comfortable. It's all well and good for me to advise on the optimal bits for points scoring but there's little point you painting something up you're not going to use. At the end of the day, the ETL is about encouraging people to clear their painting backlog, for boosting the camaraderie amongst the Frater and for getting something awesome for your signature.

If we happen to smash aside our rivals in a display of fury-filled painting goodness, then that's cool too happy.png

One more Question.

Nope. Only whole models are accepted and of them, only one configuration - so if you plan on magnetising something new, pledge the option with the most points even if you're going to paint every option up.

In short, your Dreadnought is ineligible (unless you're going to strip it, but that's above and beyond the call of duty imo).

Hmm. Ok. Makes sense for infantry but I feel that Dreads should be able to submit all the weapons if you have them to paint, seeing as they are so easily intechanged. Oh well.

I have a Dreadeo that has yet to see paint, 1 FW Contemptor and a B@C Dread and a Mk. IV Dread.

Dreadnought Season Anyone?

Paint what you want to paint. Although some count-as is acceptable, if you really want to paint HH stuff pledge for the HH forum. In other words it's ok to have a green BA successor but it's not OK having Dark Angels counting as Blood Angels. Subtle difference but an important one nevertheless.

Paint what you want to paint. Although some count-as is acceptable, if you really want to paint HH stuff pledge for the HH forum. In other words it's ok to have a green BA successor but it's not OK having Dark Angels counting as Blood Angels. Subtle difference but an important one nevertheless.

Ah so I can't paint the tactical squad I plan to paint as Imperial Fists and pledge them for Blood Angels? It's a kind of side project I have planned and they're already built (which takes me ages in itself!)

How does this relate to Cataphracii as normal shooty termies?

EDC

Ah so I can't paint the tactical squad I plan to paint as Imperial Fists and pledge them for Blood Angels? It's a kind of side project I have planned and they're already built (which takes me ages in itself!)

Battle Brother I fear you are confused. Do you mean our famous successor chapter the Sanguine Fists?

EDC

If it were up to me, no. msn-wink.gif I personally find this kind of thing a bit tiresome; it is a competition but this kind of rule-bending/stretching is not what I expect from fellow Astartes. If you want to support Blood Angels, you paint Blood Angels or one of their Successors! (Not a personal jab at you, LutherMax! Just a general bit of ranting.)

Though if you paint them yellow and don't add any markings/symbols you might be able to use them for the ETL.

I have a Dreadeo that has yet to see paint, 1 FW Contemptor and a B@C Dread and a Mk. IV Dread.

Dreadnought Season Anyone?

Provided all these conform to the Faction: BA 40k rules, then they are fair game to pledge to us for the ETL. The Deredeo's rules are found on the PDF, both Contemptors have their rules in Imperial Armour Apocalypse (note that the BaC one is fine but the FW will depend on what arms you have on it as we have some limitations on what we can/cannot take) and the Mk IV can be found in C:BA.

(As always, I'm happy to help with points/advice/etc)

To be honest, this swings both ways as there are no IF Troop models.

• For example, Lysander couldn't be pledged but if it was the base model for a Captain for your Successor Chapter, was converted (mainly the removal of iconography I guess) and painted differently (or even in IF colours if your Successor used those), then it would be OK.
  • If you were painting yellow Blood Angels, then this squad would be OK. If you are going the whole hog with IF emblems, etc, then by Semper's above definition it wouldn't.

How does this relate to Cataphracii as normal shooty termies?

EDC

It's another tricky one.

• For example, Deathwing Knights would be Dark Angels, but converted appropriately could fulfill either one of our TDA unit options.
  • In 40k, (before this weekend anyway), many folks used Cataphractii and Tartaros Terminators as regular ones (i.e. just a different pattern of Indomitus if you will). Provided they marry up correctly (i.e. no grenade harness, etc) then I don't see how they would be a problem to run as regular Terminators and thus, pledge as.

Of course, I can only pass on my beliefs. Would the Solar Auxillia count for IFOR? Very unlikely, but pledging a SA Basilisk with your other Astra Militarum stuff (perhaps you liked this model more than the classic or Armageddon pattern ones) would (should?) be fine.

Thanks guys. I'll sit down and have a think about what I want to paint from my table. It will only be a small pledge though.

Don't underestimate the power of a small pledge, points-wise it can make all the difference to us but to you the encouragement and inspiration you get from taking part can be all you need to spur your painting onwards.

Plus lots of small completed pledged bump up our completion percentage.

The true decider of who ins the ETL*

*assuming we have 100% completion.

[and oh wow major dejavu from writing this post. A vision from our Progenitor perhaps?]

If it were up to me, no. msn-wink.gif I personally find this kind of thing a bit tiresome; it is a competition but this kind of rule-bending/stretching is not what I expect from fellow Astartes. If you want to support Blood Angels, you paint Blood Angels or one of their Successors! (Not a personal jab at you, LutherMax! Just a general bit of ranting.)

Though if you paint them yellow and don't add any markings/symbols you might be able to use them for the ETL.

I suppose they could be Lamenters without cheques ;)

I am inclined to agree with you though Dosjetka... I might just go ahead and paint them BA – or paint one of my many other part-finished BA units ;)

Other potential options are these:

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/paint-queue.jpg

The Raven is now finished and five of the DC are done except their jump packs so ignore those, but everything else is in the same state as photographed here. Everything is basically airbrush basecoated and the tanks have transfers in addition to that. Legal or no?

Archived