Dosjetka

Mol: That feels like a trick question... :P More seriously, very good question. I hadn't thought of that. I'd assume it would take about a month of Warp travel but my plan was not to detail too much of what goes on during that time. However, if the majority of players wish to spend a bit of time detailing what happens on the ship and give the Cell the chance to interact with each other and the crew, we can certainly do that. :) Just let me know and I'll get to work coming up with more details about the ship, crew, etc. Who knows, you might come to use the ship captain's services again in later adventures... ;)

rolleyes.gif I did say it was meant for the end. Grim's not rushing the meeting to a close, it's Conn trying to save himself some time. laugh.png I can edit my previous post if you'd like.

Well, it was the end of the questions, apparently. tongue.png And at no point did you even indicate considering checking how ready the Cell is before departure, so I assumed it wasn't on your "to-do" list.

Anyway, we leave it how it is and it's up to you to organise yourself with a tad more pressure on your shoulders. msn-wink.gif

Thanks for the olive branch personal message, but don't worry about it, Dos. If Grim keeps tripping over himself, so be it. :p He might not survive the mission anyways. :D

Dos - Can I just ask that you give us a tiny bit more context, when you can? I've just re-read the section on Sepheris in the rulebook, but you're talking about places like Icenholm and rulers like Lachyrma and assuming that we know. Clearly I can't ask you to re-print swathes of official GW literature (and I know that a lot can be written off as Nicodemus having high standards and low patience) but in some aspects you're writing as though we know every single aspect of the Calixis Sector. I had to google Port Wrath, after not finding it in the main DH rulebook, to find that it's an orbital station and the heart of the Calixian Battlefleet! 

Which sort of raises another point - not all of the player characters are going to be Calixis natives, and so our "general knowledge" may be very variable. I'd certainly like Talon to learn what he can about Sepheris and its society on the journey to the planet (which is part of the reason why I was asking) so that he can operate somewhat more effectively when they're on the planet. 

"If I may be so bold, Ekadaros Wollsey, I suggest we enquire about those weapons lockers before we leave. We will find additional arms to be of use, should the mines prove to hold dangers worth killing." Boolean spoke as he moved to skim-read the dataslates and parchments before them.

Hopefully Boolean's comment will be appropriate either way. Boolean will also be making a Perception test, if necessary, to glean any additional information from the texts provided. 

The comment is fine from my POV but I'd like to point out that the table you're standing around is clear of all documents as was stated in my description of the room. The dataslates and parchments are off to the side of the room. If you wanted Boolean to shift across the room to look at the papers, please make it clearer.

Dos - Can I just ask that you give us a tiny bit more context, when you can? I've just re-read the section on Sepheris in the rulebook, but you're talking about places like Icenholm and rulers like Lachyrma and assuming that we know. Clearly I can't ask you to re-print swathes of official GW literature (and I know that a lot can be written off as Nicodemus having high standards and low patience) but in some aspects you're writing as though we know every single aspect of the Calixis Sector. I had to google Port Wrath, after not finding it in the main DH rulebook, to find that it's an orbital station and the heart of the Calixian Battlefleet! 

Which sort of raises another point - not all of the player characters are going to be Calixis natives, and so our "general knowledge" may be very variable. I'd certainly like Talon to learn what he can about Sepheris and its society on the journey to the planet (which is part of the reason why I was asking) so that he can operate somewhat more effectively when they're on the planet. 

I'm giving little context because:

a. as you said, Nicodemus more or less assumes that you know what he's on about. If you don't, then he assumes you'll ask. If you don't ask, well... he'll probably have even less patience for you. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

b. I'm expecting you to find out quite a bit once you arrive on-site via interaction with various NPC's. And if we skip the whole ship travel part from Port Wrath to Sepheris Secundus, I was planning on giving you more info about the planet as you would probably do your own research about the place while you're in the Warp.

You do raise a good point about Port Wrath though. It hadn't crossed my mind to give you more details about the place. I'll keep it in mind and make sure I give more context in future updates. Don't hesitate to raise the issue again if you feel I'm leaving too much information out.

Just wondering, can we still ask more questions, or has that time gone?

I'll give you all one last chance for questions once Grim decides what he wants to do before leaving.

Oops. Yeah... let's say he did that. tongue.png

OK. Just quickly add a snippet to mention it, please.

I also just realized I have no idea how everyone else is equipped. laugh.png

I'd suggest you ask Nicodemus for a few minutes to do a check of the whole team. I doubt he'll mind considering that's what he was implying you should do.

Maybe you can use the Datafile thread to compile basic information the average Imperial citizen would be aware of? You can keep it pretty simple and info-light, just there to provide the requested context. Not sure how FFG handle this, but in D&D 4e (and maybe other editions), one could "take a 10" in a skill check, essentially providing the average result to a knowledge check that would invariably provide that kind of information, the kind everyone local in-universe pretty much already has. Datafile could include the "take a 10" information, while more in-depth information may require a skill check to verify that the character could know the information.

Right, two things:

a. I've updated the Datafile Library with some basic information about Port Wrath, the Angevin Crusade, and Saint Drusus. I'll continue adding snippets about various other things concerning the Calixis Sector over the next couple of days. Hopefully this will give you the requested context without revealing too much. :)

b. I'll update tomorrow as it's getting late here but please don't post anything before I do.

Does everything need its own post? I know you're trying to create the "data-slate" format, but I worry you're going to have a datafile thread that stretches too large. Don't forget that we can use spoiler tags to compress things. 

In terms of what I think we need:

- The Calixis Sector (the Angevin Crusade and Saint Drusus can be in here) 

- The Golgenna Reach (detail the "important planets", with brief details that are important) 

- Sepheris Secundus 

Once the game continues beyond Shattered Hopes (and/or if people request further) you could then develop it further? 

Update posted. I'll rearrange and add to the datafiles tomorrow.

Important: Still haven't gotten an answer for whether or not you all wish to play a part on the ship which you'll be on to get to Sepheris or not.

Important: Still haven't gotten an answer for whether or not you all wish to play a part on the ship which you'll be on to get to Sepheris or not.

Sure, I'm game. Maybe we'll be able to accrue some XP at some point in the journey. :)

Dos - I'm happy to have you detail the journey if you feel it won't derail or delay your plot. It's entirely possible you could provide us with the opportunity to make one post detailing what we do whilst we're on the vessel, and then move us on. It's up to you. 

Mol makes a good point. If you don't want the group to linger on the passage, one post each about the journey would be a nice compromise. :)

Archived