Vairocanum's Projects (9/28/2020 Dark Mechanicus Cultist)

Also a huge fan of the Lighting Bearers, probably the most iconic lost legion out there, and yours looks perfect! The custodes chest fits very nicely and, even though I'm not convinced about the battle damage on the legs myself, it is justifiable for every legion, as even the most caring of the III legion warriors get shot at in the midst of battle. The tabard is also very well done, and of course the Volkite charger couldn't miss ;).

Brain explodes.... Too much awesomeness here...

Thanks Mikhal! Glad you approve of the model! Your help will be needed when I get onto making more BotL legions!

Good stuff! Great sculpting work on the details of the Lightning Bearer.

Thanks Markus_! The details were a bit tricky to do so glad you like them!

Wow, that latest peice looks great. Amazing gs work!

Thanks Sagentus! Fixing up the DG legs took a while but glad it worked out ok!

Yeah, I didn’t think about the guardsmen saying some last word before finishing the memorial. Not bad at all.

As for the Lightning Bearer he looks great. Another fantastic mash up of bits and sculpting!

Thanks hushrong! I thought to put the helmet on the lasgun at first but then i found that helmet holding hand and wanted to use it so changed my original plan haha. Glad you like the Lightning Bearer, I'm particularly happy with the head!

Also a huge fan of the Lighting Bearers, probably the most iconic lost legion out there, and yours looks perfect! The custodes chest fits very nicely and, even though I'm not convinced about the battle damage on the legs myself, it is justifiable for every legion, as even the most caring of the III legion warriors get shot at in the midst of battle. The tabard is also very well done, and of course the Volkite charger couldn't miss :wink:.

Thanks Traitor! Glad you approve of the custodes chest plate, took a while to figure out how to incorporate it properly with the model. Yea I know it's not really convincing but I just really liked the look of the battle damage so I kept it haha.

Looks Awesome Mate !!!! 

Thanks DSS7! I should learn from you and do some obscure chapters myself!

Done all my assignments at last, just one last exam to write and I'm freeeeee. This week is another simple conversion, a Crusader for my friends Inquisitor warband. He wanted to replace the stock crusader so we had a look at the bits he had and decided on an old inquisitor model as a base. He didn't want a power sword crusader so a big mace is what we settled on. The good part was that we found everything from his bits box so we didn't need to go searching elsewhere for bits. Thanks for looking and C&C is appreciated!

WWNNyWH.jpg

I think he would have looked better with his face covered, it's just more crusader-like for me, but the conversion does look good. I don't know why but I always liked that model's armor, but disliked the arms and head, so you've basically got rid of the bad part :P. Congrats on finishing your assignments, I hope that means we'll get to see more awesome conversions ;)!

@Mikhal: Thanks, glad you approve! The symbol was press molded, and I prefer using clear coloured instant mold so that I can see what needs to be to be filled in more. Also shaving down the back of the GS is nice for attaching cause it bends easier.

@Traitor: Thanks! The head was a design choice by my friend, but I totally agree with you. I've got a small family trip actually so maybe not as much time anyways haha.

First time updating with my phone, please excuse the bad formatting. Couldn't find how to put images properly. This week was another conversion for a friend, a replicated Black Templars Sword Brethren Terminator. He had this exact model before his dog chewed it up so I decided to remake one for him. Thanks for looking and C&C is appreciated.

9iw9z6N.jpg

gPTgHEN.jpg

Edited by Vairocanum

Happy Holidays everyone! I just got back home after a short trip to Las Vegas before the holidays so I haven't had much hobby time. I was planning on finishing a Christmas themed model but couldn't find the time to work on it the past few days so I'll just finish it for next week. Anyways this week isn't exactly a new model but a repair of an old model.

This DG marine was my test model for a small force of DG that I had planned years ago. I wanted to do the whole army in this style until the new DG stuff came out, but now these guys are too short in comparison so I might just finish up what I had originally as a kill team instead. I had dropped this DG marine about a year ago and shattered the model, but with the little hobby time I had the past few days I finally got around to putting him back together. Had to replace the spike on his helmet cause I did not know where the original was, I think the paint job has been fixed relatively seamlessly as well. Thanks for looking and C&C is appreciated!

152mjwI.jpg

VwsDhkc.jpg

I like the BT Terminator. Sorry to hear the original one was lost to the maw of some fur-covered tyranid.

The death guard colors also look good! How many DG did you have built? And if you make them into a kill team are you using GW rules or something more like Heralds of Ruin?

I like the BT Terminator. Sorry to hear the original one was lost to the maw of some fur-covered tyranid.

The death guard colors also look good! How many DG did you have built? And if you make them into a kill team are you using GW rules or something more like Heralds of Ruin?

Thanks hushrong! I think I've done a fairly accurate recreation of my friends model so I hope it doesn't fall to his fur-covered tyranid again! I haven't actually fully built the death guard and I'm thinking of changing the models a bit since I left some of their arms in quite static looking poses. As for rules probably GW rules cause I know more ppl play with those than Heralds of Ruin.

I think the scheme looks great and would still be good with the newer DG models, it would actually be interesting to see more darker looking models, now everyone is painting them bright and striking, which doesn't fit the DG at all...

Thanks Traitor! I agree that some grittier schemes would look nicer on the new death guard, hoping to get started on army either this year or next (depending on budget) so I'm planning stuff out!

Happy New Years to everyone at B&C! It's still December and since christmas lights are still up, a christmas model should be ok right? I put together a gag model that me and a friend were joking about before: Slaughter Klaus. A Khornate marine bringing skulls to all the bad berzerkers! He's got a candy cane chainsword and a sack of skulls, I decided to keep the boots instead of sculpt greaves for him. Just a silly model before the end of the year, next year I've got a lot of different conversions planned like a legion of the damned commander, brotherhood of the lost models, and continuing my MKIII series! Thanks for all the support, and C&C is appreciated!

nBppnE9.jpg

eoRzKOj.jpg

Z2VOPqG.jpg

Great little idea that.

Thanks Pearson73! It was a fun little build and tested my sculpting as well!

Sweet. Santa zerker^^

Thanks Mikhal! This santa doesn't care if you're naughty or nice, just make sure you're not standing in front of him!

Haha brilliant! The other week at my local GW we were discussing good base models for christmas conversions. My favourite idea was a tinselled sylvaneth :smile.:

Thanks brettfp! I was joking around with a friend about a candy cane chainsword and this model sort of developed as a result. The tinselled sylvaneth gave me a good laugh, I'd love to see a mechanicus nutcracker!

What a brilliant conversion! I bet Khornate colours will look great on him too. That candy cane shaped chainsword is inspired - how did you do that?

Thanks Augustus! Glad you like him, he certainly wears red for a different reason than the santa we know haha. For the chainsword I just cut some teeth off the original and glued a piece of plasticard in place as structure. Then I sculpted the teeth in three sessions (outer, inner and last tooth), and covered the plasticard with green stuff to make the blade look more seamless. 

:devil:  COOL !!!!!!

Thanks DSS7! Had a lot of fun mixing santa and khornate aspects!

Lol, what an awesome idea! The candy cane chainsword looks very good, did you do it with a press-mold? Also the first time I see a chaos warrior conversion to 40k with boots that justifies them, won't rage over it this time :wink:

Thanks Traitor! The candy cane chainsword was actually sculpted, I've explained what I did in my reply to Augustus. And yea finally a reason for chaos marines to be wearing boots haha!

"You brought me skulls and bones this year?! AGAIN ?!?"

Well to be fair I think khorne would be the least picky about gifts, think about how much Khârn has "produced" :biggrin.:.

First model of the year! I was just playing around with bits from the mechanicus box I scored on boxing day and it sort of developed into this. I wanted to do something with the cloak/coat part and found it looked decent with some IG legs and tried to fit them together. I thought about giving him a sheathed sword but didn't have anything small or thin enough so I decided to give him some pistols instead. I'm hoping to get some more INQ28 stuff done this year cause I've really been neglecting it for a few months now. Thanks for looking and C&C is appreciated!

PiKmusc.jpg

More Views:

BTWzIed.jpg

vYNOYFh.jpg

mmhlHBC.jpg

First model of the year looks like one bad hombre! That match up of the cloaked torso and the coat-wearing legs looks really good! I love multi-layred clothes/uniforms as it adds bulk.

I still want to make some Savlar Chem-Dogs and I think I will go with your route and use the AD-Mech Torsos. I don't think there are many coat wearing legs though, just one from the Cadian command box?