Today my IG (AM)....

duz_

On 11/20/2022 at 12:18 PM, Jud Cottrell said:

Merbl, I think you’ve absolutely smashed that conversion! A lovely mix of parts.

Are you doing a complete Tallarn project?

Spoiler

No plans for it. I thought of buying the legs too and going at it. But do I really need 2 guard armies? Do I really want to get models approved for every event I go to? 

**he is also a guard player, we played with balance dataslate, no hammer of emperor.**

Opponent played ultramarines. Mission was 21 nephilim gt. I won 87 to 57. My list was as follows
It was lord solar
Creed
Scion command squad with relic banner
4x shock troops w/double plasma
3x kasrkin with double volley double plasma
3x1 scout sentinels
2x5 RR
2x plasma eradicator leman russ 
Hydra
4 chimera
Disembark after move and count as 3/5/10 models traits 

First turn, he puts some wounds on a chimera nothing much. My first turn, juice up the barbarian key kasrkin. Try to jump but he's got it locked up pretty good with inflitrators. Shouldn't have done it but jumped them more than their movement straight forward and blasted a unit of assault intercessors off with some help from a plasma russ, kill a suppressor on the other side. 
Turn 2 lost a chimera and russ, some infantry, my turn 2. Moved forward, killed gman, killed some eradicators. Failed a 7" charge with RR, then failed the reroll. Turn 3, chopped up 2 units of kasrkin. Picked up a couple sentinels. My turn. Killed gman again, finished off eradicators. Ignored some bladeguard fighting a chimera in the center. Turn 4 nothing much. My turn, his bladeguard kill chimera. I'm mainly moving to table him and score a couple points. Turn 5, he kills creed. My turn 5, I pound them to dust and blow away 4 bladeguard with a plasma russ. RR charge in and finish off the bladeguard. 

Hydra felt really good. No flyers but did work. Army overall felt like wielding a sledgehammer. Kind of clunky, really powerful and buffed up turn 1/2. Then things started getting separated and out of order range. Made lord solar 12" move and reroll 1s aura on demand really useful. Kasrkin and RR feel really good with orders and lord solar buff. I've waffled back and forth but I think he's an auto take.

Been a busy week so far.   All of this has been since Friday afternoon:

• 6 Bullgryns painted  (assembled & magnetized in prior weeks)
  • Taurox assembled, magnetized and base coated
  • Finally painted my Commissar
  • Repainted 60 shoulder pads while reorganizing my infantry squads into Cadian Shock Troop squads.  (Classic 2nd/3rd edition metal Cadians)
  • Kitbashed 5 Cadian models into a Cadian Command Squad
  • reorganized my infantry carrying case to separate out the different squads from the officers
  • Assembled my Forgeworld Vanquisher cannon.  (I even had to cut a piece of wood to act as the turret ring so it fits in my 2nd edition LRBTs!)

Holy :cuss: am I tired... 

1124220807.jpg

1124220809.jpg

1124220809a.jpg

1124220823.jpg

Played 1500pt game vs sisters today. Had the codex for about an hour before the game and my oponent has only played his sisters once before so we where both pretty awkward and making allot of mistakes.

OUXFbWg.jpeg

tXuo7DX.jpeg

h35fBq5.jpeg

I won in the end but they didn't make it easy. Love the new strategems and Sly marbo had some hilarious moments. Kasirkin squad with the Relic Key teliported across the map full of buffs and starts and flubbed their rolls as hard as one could flubb.

My opponent yesterday ran a tank company for some hot guard on guard action. I ended up winning by 5 points. We both did really poor on secondaries. Born soldier kasrkin bomb works really well I did 14 wounds to a leman russ after hitting it with plasma. Kasrkin with trophy hunters and creeds order for some str 10 plasma and melta made short work of the baneblade. 

On the hobby side I have 4 field guns built now. Easy enough to swap between the heavy lascannon and bombast cannon. The more thought I put into them though, the harder it is to justify them. They can't shoot in melee because no vehicle keyword. They arent infantry so can't walk through walls or get cover.  

20221127_131354.jpg

2 hours ago, duz_ said:

Looks good @TCC

Although there's a symbol and the horses hind that I think needs to be address :eek:

Have you vowed in the hobby event? 

Haha, I will vow (could have done this Lord Solar as I managed to paint him all today). I used a spare model I had to make the Lord and heated his legs and cape and bent them into a new position. 

4418542F-7DAD-4256-B511-C0BC35E159C5.jpeg

25B25CD9-68FD-4F29-9A49-1EE7A4EA2EF8.jpeg

Edited by TCC

10 minutes ago, TCC said:

I really like the new kit (was not sure of it when I first saw the GW pics - think it’s the colors they used), it looks much more believable as a real vehicle and balanced compared to the old ones.

I think I'm in the same boat I disliked it at first, but with your comparison pic and angle I think I can get on board with it :thumbsup: