Mikhals Wonderland - Today: a blast from the past

Oh my, that looks brilliant. Amazing work with the sculpted hand on the ankle! I have to disagree with Traitor cause I think holding onto the ankle elicits a stronger sense of fear, like he tore it off of a warden that was trying to crawl away rather than dangling a leg that was cut off. I like angle of the chainsword arm a lot better too, can't wait to see you paint this NL up!

Oh my, that looks brilliant. Amazing work with the sculpted hand on the ankle! I have to disagree with Traitor cause I think holding onto the ankle elicits a stronger sense of fear, like he tore it off of a warden that was trying to crawl away rather than dangling a leg that was cut off. I like angle of the chainsword arm a lot better too, can't wait to see you paint this NL up!

Thx man. I like it this way too. Oh yesterday I painted him...and then all the paint came off. I have a very old bottle of vallejo black which won't attach to my models so today after having the model taking a bath in mellerud, I try to get the rest of the color off and repaint him. I fear he will be a bit lighter in color now as I use white or grey. Never had those probs with the gw spraycans:(

He looks great man, and I can't wait to see him painted, but I liked more when he was grasping the leg by the cables. Also the chains still look a bit empty, but I guess he could be new to the legion :P. And I must admit that after your last guy I was expecting to see at least the owner of that leg in the base ;)!

Thx man, I felt after Vairocanum suggested to grab him by the ankle, that it would be better and in my opinion he was right.

Hehe, I could have added more heads but we are still in 30k territory and it looked to comical having 10+heads dangling from the chain. What I saw was some sacrifices over on warhammer exclusives range. Those would have been cool. Maybe the next raptor will sport one.

Concerning the leg's owner: you will see him. Let's say there are other raptors coming and one or two wardens who are the prey. Stay tuned^^

Ha! I did not expect a blend of Predator and Night Lord when you talked about making a son of the Eight, but you pulled it off perfectly. My conversion is almost done and needs only a few more details like trim and the like. I'll load up pics of my progress tomorrow.

Hah! I told you so. And I saw your Raptor. Stop right there. Takes away all the spotlight^^

Cool stuff right there, I think the reiver masks were just about made for the night lords...

Btw, is that the old raptor jetpack in plastic or is this just painted resin? I used to love those, would love to get my hands on a bundle for my space wolves or anything else really...

Thx man. Concerning the jetpack. No idea. It doesn't smell like resin. It feels and behaves like some low cost plastic. I didn't buy them on intention. Saw a auction on ebay for the finecast ones and bought them. After a few days a package from china arrived and had these inside. Those are not finecast, the quality is far superior. However the ebay account was deleted and the seller disappeared. Now I have only 4 left.....

He really looks great! And you have my sympathies for the Army Painter mess. I stopped using their black primer because of something similar that happened to me. The other primers are fine, but I'll never ever will use the black spray rubber they are selling als primer.

Oh, it was not Army Painter. My sworn enemy is vallejo black primer. For some reason I must have gotten a really bad bottle

As soon as.I wash the model, the paint comes off. I tried grsy instead for the raptor and no problem here.

Witness the collapse of light

by the unheard screams of night,

woken by tears

in shivering fear

yet, your fate end is near,

perceiving you are not safe,

covering your eyes will not help

scream, scream and in the end

you will disappear

Finished^^ Say hello to Radas Arrawnt, Raptor Captain of the 44. Company of the 8. Legion.

899623-.jpg

899624_sm-.jpg

899626_sm-.jpg

899628_sm-.jpg

899627_sm-.jpg

899631_sm-.jpg

899630_sm-.jpg

899629_sm-.jpg

899632_sm-.jpg

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Great NL! Specially surprised with how good the lightnings look, the ones in the backpack are really awesome! However I think that the red cables on the back would benefit a lot from a light red drybrush and a darker wash. Keep up the good job!

Great NL! Specially surprised with how good the lightnings look, the ones in the backpack are really awesome! However I think that the red cables on the back would benefit a lot from a light red drybrush and a darker wash. Keep up the good job!

Thx mate. I think i will then go over the cables tomorrow. The lightning user to look everywhere like in the backpack but unfortunately the Rust liquid reacted with the varnish and gave everything a green ging. So i had to thicken the lighting a bit.

The Raptor Captain looks impressive. Is that an Eldar skull mounted on his breastplate, or that of a mutated human?

THX a lot. I have no idea^^ found the skull in my bitzbox. It is no orK, that is for sure. Maybe eldar then?

Now that's what I'd call a witty Night Lord! :O

Must've made a hell of fun to work on this guy. Loving the dreads and the plasma cannon. Repaint him in black and he'd fit perfectly in my Predators Legion. ^^

Will there be more NLs incoming or are you intending to do one model per Legion?

Now that's what I'd call a witty Night Lord! :O

Must've made a hell of fun to work on this guy. Loving the dreads and the plasma cannon. Repaint him in black and he'd fit perfectly in my Predators Legion. ^^

Will there be more NLs incoming or are you intending to do one model per Legion?

Neue, THX mate. It made a lot of fun to work in him. There will be more nightlords cuz this is just another kill the Wardens Diorama but I want to make my own march of the Legion where every Legion kills a wardens^^. And then comes the botl march of Legion so you predators will get a model

Great job, buddy! Now I can't wait for your diorama.

Haja!!! First show me yours.

That Night Lord looks absolutely amazing! Love all the colors and lightning, really well done!

Many thx. Good that it was not total crap^^

Jap. Any ideas by the way? I havr tondo an ork warboss. The beast to be exact. I thought the body of the stormfiend will fit nicely. But the head is a bit too small and i have to resculpt legs and at least one arm.

Well, he'll definitely need a boss pole, some stikkbombz, an iron gob, and a little grot/squig scurrying around his feet. You could convert one of his hands to a power claw with an attached saw like Grukk's (you can get one of those saws from the killa kans) and put a big shoota or something like that axe from the iron jawz megaboss in his other hand. Also I'd probably go with Ghazkull's head.