Mikhals Wonderland - Today: a blast from the past

That pose is breathtaking!!! It gives him a somehow predatorial look which is perfect for a space wolf. Also the mkIII fits him better than the gravis one in my opinion.

Pd: just realised that, coming from you, one of the greatest lost legion champions, this is an unforgivable betrayal! A son of the Vlka Fenrika, really?! The merciless psychopath assassins of the corpse emperor!!! I'm really let down by this choice of chapter, brother... :P

Thx man, exaclty what I was aiming for. Kill them all.

And of.course I had to built a wolf. I love them^^

• 4 weeks later...

Soo, progress incoming. I have finished the legs and torso and am now working on the arms.

He gets a trophystand on the jumppack but atm he looks kinda "nice" or is it nust me? Does anybody have an idea to make him more menacing without drifting into comic heavy metal cover art territory ( nit that it is a bad thing, but this guy should ne 30k)

One idea is adding raptor claws to the feet. Or is this too much already?

896649_sm-.jpg

896648_sm-.jpg

896647_sm-.jpg

896651_sm-.jpg

896650_sm-.jpg

Painting-wise I plan a lot of lightning and a added skullshape to the top of the helmet.I saw ine in the news board which looks absolutely gorgeous in reiver heads. Just hope I am able to pull it off.

C&C welcome, don't be so shy.

Looking great, that torso is awesome,might have to steal the idea. Also he seems to be huge, with enlarged terminator legs! However I do not undestand what he has on the arm with which he's not holding the chainsword, is it some kind of trophy? It seems to have a lense in the middle...

I think the start is great, but you have to revisit the hair. It need some sort of anchor or start on the head, like a knot or several small rings or something.

That was the plan although I wanted to add bands in the midst.

So after the gs was dry, i added bands in the midsection as well as a second layer of dreads. Wenn they are dry I add more bands, and maybe some little fingers, ears etc to the hair.

I also started on the trophyrack. I guess a champion of the nightlords is allowed to wear human skulls etc. In 30k.

896999_sm-.jpg

896997_sm-.jpg

896998-.jpg

897001_sm-.jpg

897000_sm-.jpg

And of course a better look onto the bionic leg.

Impressive work. Will you give Leg-Ripper a collarbone-mounted plasmagun, to complete the 'Predator' look?

...I wasn't planing to implement that...i wasn't even thinking of it....now I can't think oft something else...and how to realize it

And THX for the praise.

The leg trophy looks much better now, more recognisable, and the hair will look fantastic when you add the small details. Really fantastic NL, the only thing I'm not sure about is the old trophy-rack, I never liked the bit much, seems too... Empty. Maybe if you added more skulls to it?

The leg trophy looks much better now, more recognisable, and the hair will look fantastic when you add the small details. Really fantastic NL, the only thing I'm not sure about is the old trophy-rack, I never liked the bit much, seems too... Empty. Maybe if you added more skulls to it?

Your wish will be granted. I am adding some heads^^ i actually have no skulls left but i must have som heads left somewhere

Some very impressive GS work. Well done :) I feel like with that hair your army needs some predators ;)

Thx man. Yeah, the wardens have the sitheadair for that role ( at least what the looks concern)

Thx to Mr. Firewalker I couldn't think of something else and so I implemented the overtheshoulder plasmacannon. The mini is now finished and I can start painting ( okay, some gs-work has to dry first but after that.

897928-.jpg897930_sm-.jpg

897927_sm-.jpg

897929_sm-.jpg

897926_sm-.jpg

Looking forward to your comments.

Cool stuff right there, I think the reiver masks were just about made for the night lords...

Btw, is that the old raptor jetpack in plastic or is this just painted resin? I used to love those, would love to get my hands on a bundle for my space wolves or anything else really...

Ha! I did not expect a blend of Predator and Night Lord when you talked about making a son of the Eight, but you pulled it off perfectly. My conversion is almost done and needs only a few more details like trim and the like. I'll load up pics of my progress tomorrow.

Edited by Isengrin

He looks great man, and I can't wait to see him painted, but I liked more when he was grasping the leg by the cables. Also the chains still look a bit empty, but I guess he could be new to the legion :P. And I must admit that after your last guy I was expecting to see at least the owner of that leg in the base ;)!