Mikhals Wonderland - Today: a blast from the past

^^ that is the finished one ^^. I don't intent to make it thicker or add something to the waist. He needs only his sash and maybe some sanding down on the gs parts. Not sure if it is already enough so thst when it is painted.you won't see the "additions".

I find using termilegs easier but i had all those propsero mk3.marines

It would be a waste if I don't use them and the.thing is: once you have started truscaling...heroic scale is not an option anymore^^

• 2 months later...

*phewwwwwww* blowing the dust of this thread.

Oh well, you guys remember this chap here?

839858_sm-.jpg

Well back in November I started work on another Lost Legion Primarch, sadly he is not part of the Brotherhood of the Lost.The Paladins of Midterra and their Primarch Amarthanar the Blind...

Well shortly after I broke my sculptung hand while punching through stones and work was set aside. But now with the hand healed and getting some practice on truscale Guaire and Kylan I thought it was time to continue the work on the blind.

And that was the story so far, enough words pics are ahead.

857922_sm-.jpg

857924-.jpg

857923_sm-.jpg

857927_sm-.jpg

857926_sm-.jpg

There is still a long way to go like adding feathers, a gorget, better shoulderpads, a skirt and an alternativr head in paladins of midterra style, but at least I have a pose^^

If you want more infos about this awesome lost legion, then click on this link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/325399-the-paladins-of-midterra-a-2nd-legion-wip/

It is worth the time.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

He looks awesome, though the proportions might be a little weird... However once you add more bulk to the model and remove blue tack it might solve itself. Can't wait to see more progress on him, the concept is very cool!

Just the blutac^^. Without it he is more in line with the other primarchs. Although with the bigger ones, hehe

Well shortly after I broke my sculptung hand while punching through stones and work was set aside. 

You silly git. :tongue.:

I must have missed that. Anyway, I hope you're alright again and back in stone-crushing form. That blind primarch looks splendid, although his thigh gap seems to be a bit excessive. His leg plates on the other hand are great and you've really piqued my interest with the list of pending upgrades.

Hehem we say "diggen säck"^^

But that was the exact hint i needed. Sometimes you din't see the flaw. I fixed it and made the gap smaller.if i but the legs parallel the gap is just right now.

And I may have forgotten to mention it^^ wasn't able to do sculpting for 2-3months. Horror

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

• 1 month later...

Looks promising, looking forward to seeing more!

Me too^^. Will be part of a duel similar to ferrus vs fulgrim. Here it is hectarion vs raktra. But that is a future project. Now for the present. As mentioned yesterday, I have finished Amarthanar the Blind... He really evolved from the sparse beginnings and It was really fun to work on him. Kinda regret that I am not able to paint him ( maybe i cast him before I sent him overseas^^) The biggest problem here was that the comissioner asked me to keep the parts separate so that he could paint him more easier...guys...it was hell...because everytime the posing was a bit different and getting the figure proportions right was kinda messy. So think twice before you accept something like that.

I also sculpted far more than intended. It was comissioned as a kitbash/ conversion but I somehow sculpted.more and more parts myself. But it really helped me to improve my gs skills.

I am not completly satisfied with the backpack yet. The owner asked to add some wings. Not yet sure where to put them.

But enough talk: PICTURES!!!!

871541-.jpg

871542-.jpg

871543-.jpg

871544-.jpg

And here with an alternate head:

871546-.jpg

871545-.jpg

871548-.jpg

871549-.jpg

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

He looks amazing my friend, and don't worry about the wings, I've got an idea but its a minor conversion I can do myself. PM me so we can work out the final details, can't wait to get this guy and paint him up. (Might even do a WIP for him)

Fantastic GS work! The head is particularly impressive. Were are the resin legs from?

The leg partd are from the Steel Knight from Kabukis Knight of Legion Series. Originally it was planned to convert him into the Blind. In the End I only used his lower legs^^

@Blindy: You got blackmailed^^

Wow, that is a flawless sculpt! Everything is very clean and the pose is perfect, you should be proud of it! Even though you had some complications the final result is definitely impressive, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you could. I actually like the bare head better, but both sculpts are awesome, you get better with each model you make!

Wow all the details look stellar! The chest extensions and legs look awesome in particular. And using custodes greaves as arm guards is a fantastic idea, going to have to file that away for future use.

Thx to you. Because you recylce stuff via pressmolding I came up with it^^.

Wow, that is a flawless sculpt! Everything is very clean and the pose is perfect, you should be proud of it! Even though you had some complications the final result is definitely impressive, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as you could. I actually like the bare head better, but both sculpts are awesome, you get better with each model you make!

Thx mate. I had fun especially after the groundwork was laid out. But now I want to kitbash the next figures. Sculpting is so damn time-consuming.

And I think I need to paint some models^^

Great sculpting, buddy! What I like in particular are the Gorgon shoulder pads with those feathers attached. They look rad.

Regarding the wings, I'd probably cut off the two cylinders of the backpack and glue on feathery wings like those from the DE Scourges. Either that, or maybe there's enough space between shoulders and backpack to put them there. I think an uneven number of wings might look interesting too. (...just saw TheBlindPrimarch's reply, looks like he got it covered :wink:)