Duz does RG

duz_

Love those wings. Quick question though, I see you mounted yours lower than I have seen before. Was that an aesthetic choice, or did you find you had issues with the backplate lugs like you mentioned, and that prompted you to mount the wings lower (relative to the jump pack).

Glad to hear positive things about the Stormhawk, I am interested in getting that kit and then trying to hybridize its parts to make an improved/sleeker Stormtalon.

Thanks! Its a little bit of column A a little bit of column B to be honest.

When I realised I didn't have the mounting lugs I got free play with how to fit them. I decided on that final position to make them look a bit more dynamic and less BA San. Guard.

Yeh I think you could definitely do it. When I looked at the kit I thought maybe not. However having done the kit you definitely could. Really all you would have to do is not install the assault cannons on the wings and green stuff the tips up or even maybe use the storm talon wings. I think you could even use the regular storm talon cockpit if you prefer.

Hmmm. Hybrid. Like a Deliverance Pattern Stormthing.

Hmm ...

Yea, I was thinking along the same lines. In fact I was taking just taking the time at my desk to run through naming conventions, synonyms, latin, etc. How about Deliverance Pattern Stormtalon - Shadowtalon. I'm thinking the closed cockpit from the Stormhawk kit, some attention drawn towards the wings, to make it appear more sleek and stealthy.

Speaking of which, is there any sort of resource on the B+C in general for like a "guide to latin" for these sorts of things? How about like just a thread of Raven Guard terms/glossary that we could sticky to be used as a resource? I think if we had a page or two as a word bank of "Raven Guardy" words it could be a pretty valuable resource for creative inspiration. Given the nature of Deliverance and having our own Forge World, it stands to reason we have an excuse to have a lot more creative freedom then some chapters.

Nothing for Latin on the B+C officially. But something for the RG could be developed by RG fans for RG fans. You could start it too ^_^. Anyone second? Yeah, seconded. Congrats Vyper! :tu:

As a HUGE Battletech fan, such a conversion would give me the chance to call it the "Shadow Hawk" :P. Shadowtalon does have a cool ring to it too :yes:

Good grief, I'm super excited about just the idea!

Went to my local GW yesterday and it was a slow day so got working on my Rhino.

I was getting a bit bored and daunted of the prospect of painting my entire army in the digicam. So I decided for my rhinos to mix it up a bit.

I guess this is a hybrid splinter / shard pattern. Have a some highlighting and a few more details to do but I guess at this point its 90% complete.

Next one I need to remember to get the masking tape out to see if I can get sharper edges.

Thoughts welcome on the new camo scheme.

gallery_87434_12256_46335.jpg

gallery_87434_12256_80096.jpg

Ha I've been thinking about a LR for my force (especially now the DW one comes with all the options). However it doesnt quite fit the fluff of my army being a mobile fast striking company.

A stormraven or fire raptor on the other hand would definitely fall under my air superiority theme I've got going. (I need to pick up a second interceptor those things make your opponent sweat!).

I've never really liked the aesthetic of the Storm Raven (hull just looks to short).

How about a Storm Eagle and a Fire Raptor! Got the Storm Eagle over Christmas so can advise how well it goes together.

Ha I've been thinking about a LR for my force (especially now the DW one comes with all the options). However it doesnt quite fit the fluff of my army being a mobile fast striking company.

A stormraven or fire raptor on the other hand would definitely fall under my air superiority theme I've got going. (I need to pick up a second interceptor those things make your opponent sweat!).

Duz, quick question on the interceptor box, does it include the Raven Guard Skull transfer with the set? I can see it's in the Stormcloud Attack set but want to know if it's included in the single box?

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Stormcloud-Attack-Flight-Manual-SM-CSM

Nice rhino duz_ :thumbsup:

i like the way you switched the wings around on the Libby to get a swept back look... (it's funny you don't see those winged packs then bam every man and his dog are using them...it must be a collective idea we all get at exactly the same time :laugh.: )

yeah use Tamiya tape on the next one to get crisper lines,although i think once you get some highlight lines in there and a bit of wash/weathering it will be awesomesauce 2.0 instead of just awesomesauce 1.0 . 

love checking your stuff out, glad your working through it ...(idea stealing is always fun :ph34r.: )

Cheers, Mithril

p.s happy new year

I've been going back and forth about highlighting the pattern it self. Im not sure it will achieve what I want. I do need to highlight the rest of the tank though.

Unfortunately back to work for me. So not sure how much I will be able to get done during the week. The missus tells me off for leaving my paints out and in the new place we have limited spaces for me to hobby.

I've been going back and forth about highlighting the pattern it self. Im not sure it will achieve what I want. I do need to highlight the rest of the tank though.

Unfortunately back to work for me. So not sure how much I will be able to get done during the week. The missus tells me off for leaving my paints out and in the new place we have limited spaces for me to hobby.

Haha i had to pack my stuff away for a year till we taught my son not to touch daddy's models and paints...i gotta admit he's never touched them :wub.:  and i leave them out on my desk in full view ready to be attacked when inspiration strikes...or "Hey...Tea's ready in 10 minutes". 

it took much longer for the "Missus" to accept them being out :laugh.: ...hang in there Duz_ :wink: (are you married or is she just your GF?)

Modelwise - Whatever you do to the rhino i'm sure it will look Boss!

Cheers, Mithril

The Misses ... our real-world Chapter Masters :lol:

My oldest has a tinkerer's spirit as he enjoys taking apart things.  Or is a destroyer of world's because he likes "crashing" toys around.  So, when he got a hold of my LS Storm I must have though it was sturdy enough or I just didn't think about what could happen.  Yeah, I needed to buy a new Storm because he really broke it, heh.  Love him no matter what though.

Anyways, I'm not seeing a problem with the Rhino above, so whatever touch-up work you have left will only make it better ^_^

Camo looks good, but to just sort of hit on what Mithril was talking about, I think the main issue stems from the what I think is ink on the lightest shade of the camo pattern. It gives that light grey a blotchy appearance which isn't visible (at least in the photo) on the other shades. To me that's what makes it lose definition. It's funny to me that my criticism of a camo paintjob is lack of definition (isn't that the whole point? derp). Basically my TLDR is I think that if you're going to weather it with the camo, I would avoid using inks, or if you do, only use them in recesses, and not over the large panels as a whole.

@ Shrieker

Not to stray off-topic, but I just looked on the US site, and I couldn't find these manuals you refer to. Could you be so kind as to furnish a link? Much appreciated.

@ everyone else

I don't have a child, but the GF and I do have a very inquisitive cat. Which means nothing gets left out, or I am sure to have bits go missing, only to find them under the couch months later, or in the litterbox days later :rolleyes:

Yeh I see what you mean. Ill see what I can do when I go back to do the details ... maybe even a dry brush over the area + some highlighting? For my infantry I've usually gone and add a small amount of "white" for contrast

The missus is the wife unfortunately. And I got back into the hobby after I got married so can't use that excuse. Fortunately my two cats aren't interested in little plastic soliders. They'd rather eat real food.

I ordered 2 boxes of the gauntlet tactical squads which should round out my pinion demi co. Just need a couple more rhinos for my 1st co stern guard.

Also ordered these for my Razorbacks. I love assault cannons. I think they're one of the best weapons in the game.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/252670302796?_mwBanner=1

The turrets are longer than the GW ones. Actually longer than I realised too. But still look neat and cheaper than trying to source GW ones.