The New HH Box (Highly Likely to be Prospero) - Happy?

Balthamal

My GW has close links to guys in the Headquarters. They said the sourceror is Ahriman and they "Can't say" Wink wink, nods head emphatically,  that the wolves will be getting  Bjorn (even though he wasn't anyone special at that point in the Heresy).

Looks like they were right.

If it is mk3 (a few commented that they thought it was mk2) I will definitly be getting a few of these. I will keep 1 bjorn(or whoever that is) 1 Ahriman (or whoever that is) and 1 set of custodes(whatever comes in a single box) any duplicates will be offloaded.

If it is mk3 (a few commented that they thought it was mk2) I will definitly be getting a few of these. I will keep 1 bjorn(or whoever that is) 1 Ahriman (or whoever that is) and 1 set of custodes(whatever comes in a single box) any duplicates will be offloaded.

Well well well. I can help you offloading the Custodes ;)

Seriously though PM me :)

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/Lamenterkyle/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1474128549523_zpslfnhuqux.jpg

http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz184/Lamenterkyle/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1474128569647_zpsg148uc2g.jpg

These have been seen at warhammer world labelled as prospero space wolves. Anybody with eagle eyes able to see any differences in the mk3 and Tartaros to be able to tell?

Also assuming the chests/shoulders are from upgrade kits

The Tartaros legs and torsos look identical as the FW resin models as far as I can tell. Might just mean they've just cast them in plastic?

The heads look ever so slightly different , but that might just be me.

Not only are the Tartaros legs identical to the resin ones, so are the weapons, and the MkIII legs. I think this is all resin, and nothing to do with the new box set.

If what we've seen pans out to be genuine (still nothing concrete as yet bar the custodes) then my feelings can be broken down as:

Custodes: no value to me at all

Tartaros Terms: oh god yes

MKIII Marines: oh god yes

Legion characters: no value at all.

Which after Calth is a major disappointment.

If anything I'll grab a sprue or 2 on ebay but we'll see come November. Who knows I could be proved very wrong. But as things stand, this is a massive let down. I don't object to trying to make improvements to something successful but to me they've taken several steps backwards here

I tend to agree that it's not as good value as B@C was.

It doesn't mean I wont pick one up - the characters look great (although we still don't have confirmation on "Ahriman" being in the box) and the Custodes look pretty sweet from what we can see.

I may not use any of them in a game but it will be nice to paint them up for a bit of a break. Or I'll trade them. Or they'll stay on the sprue untill I get an idea I want to use them for.

It'll probably depend on the full contents and the actual board game itself (it doesn't look like they're standing on hexes so I'm curious to see what's going on there).

And as Sete (I think it was Sete) said in the N&R thread, the Custodes will make a pretty cool kill team.

If what we've seen pans out to be genuine (still nothing concrete as yet bar the custodes) then my feelings can be broken down as:

Custodes: no value to me at all

Tartaros Terms: oh god yes

MKIII Marines: oh god yes

Legion characters: no value at all.

Which after Calth is a major disappointment.

If anything I'll grab a sprue or 2 on ebay but we'll see come November. Who knows I could be proved very wrong. But as things stand, this is a massive let down. I don't object to trying to make improvements to something successful but to me they've taken several steps backwards here

I tend to agree that it's not as good value as B@C was.

It doesn't mean I wont pick one up - the characters look great (although we still don't have confirmation on "Ahriman" being in the box) and the Custodes look pretty sweet from what we can see.

I may not use any of them in a game but it will be nice to paint them up for a bit of a break. Or I'll trade them. Or they'll stay on the sprue untill I get an idea I want to use them for.

It'll probably depend on the full contents and the actual board game itself (it doesn't look like they're standing on hexes so I'm curious to see what's going on there).

And as Sete (I think it was Sete) said in the N&R thread, the Custodes will make a pretty cool kill team.

want to be excited. I want the same rush as the build up to B@C and every HH volume. I just can't summon it at this point. 

It will still be a bargain if they maintain the £95 box price of BaC in comparison to buying the squad boxes once they are released. I was considering adding a box of MkIV and a box of cataphracti to my BaC box until I added it up, £70 for two squads or £95 for 4 squads, a dreadnought, 2 commanders, plus all the bits for the game. Don't get me wrong £95 is not cheap for some little plastic dudes but the box set is a much better deal than the squads.

My hope is the box has 3 squads of MkIII marines, 5 tartaros termies, a Custodes squad instead of the contemptor plus the two named characters. It's less appealing than BaC as Custodes don't appeal to me for 30k and I hope GW do not make them so OP that they become a staple list building unit. My ideal world would only allow 1 squad of five as an allied unit but I know other would like a full army of Custodes so lets just hope GW don't drop the ball on rules, I suppose it's FW really so more chance they will be ok.

It will still be a bargain if they maintain the £95 box price of BaC in comparison to buying the squad boxes once they are released. I was considering adding a box of MkIV and a box of cataphracti to my BaC box until I added it up, £70 for two squads or £95 for 4 squads, a dreadnought, 2 commanders, plus all the bits for the game. Don't get me wrong £95 is not cheap for some little plastic dudes but the box set is a much better deal than the squads.

My hope is the box has 3 squads of MkIII marines, 5 tartaros termies, a Custodes squad instead of the contemptor plus the two named characters. It's less appealing than BaC as Custodes don't appeal to me for 30k and I hope GW do not make them so OP that they become a staple list building unit. My ideal world would only allow 1 squad of five as an allied unit but I know other would like a full army of Custodes so lets just hope GW don't drop the ball on rules, I suppose it's FW really so more chance they will be ok.

Summed it up perfectly! Exactly my thoughts.

Summed it up perfectly! Exactly my thoughts.

they have supposedly been playtesting the rules for Custodes for over a year now, so surely they wont be too bad. I expect they will be tough, and rightly so. 

Like you said PJ1933, it will probably be a good deal even with Custodes and 2 Characters. If the pricing matches up with B@C, with (hopefully) 30-ish MKIII and 5 Tartarus, you'll be getting a squad of termies for free compared to buying all four squads separately. Hell, sell off or convert the Custodes/Characters/Possible Sisters if you don't want them, it is still a good deal.

Archived