The New HH Box (Highly Likely to be Prospero) - Happy?

Balthamal

Patience, my brothers, patience. As I am so fond of saying: "good things come to those who wait." 

I've got a bit of money in the kitty, set aside for this. Enough, if the price point is same as B@C, to buy two boxes. I'm hoping there'll be minimal Custodes/SoS presence in the box, though. As cool as that might be to have widely available kits of both of those, I personally would rather just have more dudes to build my army with.

Patience, my brothers, patience. As I am so fond of saying: "good things come to those who wait." 

I've got a bit of money in the kitty, set aside for this. Enough, if the price point is same as B@C, to buy two boxes. I'm hoping there'll be minimal Custodes/SoS presence in the box, though. As cool as that might be to have widely available kits of both of those, I personally would rather just have more dudes to build my army with.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. I really want an entire box of MKIII.

Do we have a time frame as to when we can expect concrete details on the new box?

Sooner than you think msn-wink.gif

*sigh*

Why don't you just tell us straight away? I don't mean to be nasty or anything, and I truly respect the effort and time you put into giving us these rumours, but is there any reason to hold back on them?

[snip] I'm hoping there'll be minimal Custodes/SoS presence in the box, though. As cool as that might be to have widely available kits of both of those, I personally would rather just have more dudes to build my army with.

I understand the reasons, but I'm looking forward to a fun new game in and of itself. After all, boxes of regular guys will come regardless, but characterful individual models that have a more narrow appeal rely on boxed games like this to be made and sold.

I bought Betrayal at Calth simply to cannibalise the models, but it's a fun game – and one-off boxed games like this are fun to introduce new players; I'm looking forward to having a game to play with my nephews. :)

[snip] I'm hoping there'll be minimal Custodes/SoS presence in the box, though. As cool as that might be to have widely available kits of both of those, I personally would rather just have more dudes to build my army with.

I understand the reasons, but I'm looking forward to a fun new game in and of itself. After all, boxes of regular guys will come regardless, but characterful individual models that have a more narrow appeal rely on boxed games like this to be made and sold.

I bought Betrayal at Calth simply to cannibalise the models, but it's a fun game – and one-off boxed games like this are fun to introduce new players; I'm looking forward to having a game to play with my nephews. :)

I agree entirely. My girlfriend and I still break It out and play it pretty frequently. I'm hoping for a similar, tile-based game but it will be difficult to do the same thing and keep it fresh.

I've just finished painting the entire B@C contents as Night Lords and I'm dearly hoping this new box will be MKIII so I can use it to make Iron Warriors. I will still play B@C and whatever this is called as a standalone though. It'll just be Night Lords vs. Iron Warriors.

As you can imagine, I enjoyed the battle in your thread immensely. :)

Do we have a time frame as to when we can expect concrete details on the new box?

*sigh*

Why don't you just tell us straight away? I don't mean to be nasty or anything, and I truly respect the effort and time you put into giving us these rumours, but is there any reason to hold back on them?

To protect her sources...

During WW2 the allies had cracked the German enigma very early on, but would only act on info if they could fake another source, to keep the Germans thinking the code was safe. They never realized they had been cracked until after the war.

During WW2 the allies had cracked the German enigma very early on, but would only act on info if they could fake another source, to keep the Germans thinking the code was safe. They never realized they had been cracked until after the war.

Aaaaah, that would explain it then :)

*sigh*

Pretty much this. I can't say, but you guys will love it.

*sigh*

Atia is a lodge member, confirmed that rumour!

The leaked TS librarian images have only provided a glimpse of the helmet, torso and shoulder pads of the plastic MkIII.

I'm hoping that GW also includes the aesthetics of the DW Overkill IH character (different leg armour & backpack  than FW version).

Regards,

Old-Four-Arms

The leaked TS librarian images have only provided a glimpse of the helmet, torso and shoulder pads of the plastic MkIII.

I'm hoping that GW also includes the aesthetics of the DW Overkill IH character (different leg armour & backpack  than FW version).

Regards,

Old-Four-Arms

No, no, no! I can't agree there.

I like the Iron Hand but I prefer standard MKIII. I figure he's in a highly personalised suit of MKIII, hence the many differences. I like my Iron Armour all knightly.

*sigh*

WAIT late to the party what will we love!?!? the new box set?

I'm betting on leaks in the next few weeks, maybe October release. I have no evidence or info on this but if we see Russ and Prospero arrive at FW Euro Open Day (October 1st) it would make a lot of sense.

Untill it does arrive though, just gotta be patient. Even if the hobby bugs are scratching up my brain real good.

Very possible. My only reasoning for October is open day. That being said, if the open day stuff takes a month to become available for general release, then November works well too.

I think that timing is key - if Russ drops at/around the same time as a Prospero themed plastic Heresy box then there are going to be a lot of Wolves fans salivating even more than usual. ;)

I might be too, come to think of it.

LG didn't seem very happy about it in First Expedition.

Can you give a link? Or quote?

Edit:

Think I found it. Tbh, sometimes beeing quiet would be better than writing something. Anyone can understand that he, as he's working for them can't be "happy" about leaks, but that's just .... silly. Is the hobby now worse that we got a leak (especially as Athrawes snapped really good pictures of his model)? I don't think so. It builds hype. He should be happy about hype for the heresy. But than I never agreed with Mr. Golden, and his style of saying things.

We are talking about an item that has been stolen, leaked to the internet and then sold. That's a biggy. Regardless of hype, someone who works for the company has made a massive breach of contract and trust. He's entitled to be angry in my opinion.

From what I understand, the seller accidentally found it in his copy of Death Masque instead of either Artemis or the new Eldrad. I'm not entirely sure if that's true or not, but if it is it sounds like a mistake rather than theft. Someone else can confirm or deny my understanding of the story.

That was my understanding as well. Pretty sure if GW believed it was stolen they would've have had the auction shut down.

The sooner the better. I know I need to dedicate my funds to 30K/HH but I'm finding death masque for some really good prices and I am super tempted to redirect some funds tongue.png

I grabbed Death masque to use in my 30k Dark Angels.

Should be able to kitbash (with the aid of the bitz box):

5 recon marines

5 destroyers/stylish running marines

Cypher (moritat)

Unnamed Praetor

Plus of course the venerable dread to add to the talon

Then there's sprinkling other bits elsewhere

Backpacks on rapier crews

Power swords everywhere!!

Funky little cogitator arms

Bare heads

For me it's a great box for my Caliban side of things.

And getting back on topic, the new box with Mk3 will be great to flesh out the terran side with some line troops (used BaC for a veteran cadre)

Gonna be some good tomes on the heresy train! CHOOM CHOOM!!

I grabbed Death masque to use in my 30k Dark Angels.

Should be able to kitbash (with the aid of the bitz box):

5 recon marines

5 destroyers/stylish running marines

Cypher (moritat)

Unnamed Praetor

Plus of course the venerable dread to add to the talon

Then there's sprinkling other bits elsewhere

Backpacks on rapier crews

Power swords everywhere!!

Funky little cogitator arms

Bare heads

For me it's a great box for my Caliban side of things.

And getting back on topic, the new box with Mk3 will be great to flesh out the terran side with some line troops (used BaC for a veteran cadre)

Gonna be some good tomes on the heresy train! CHOOM CHOOM!!

Don't tempt me!!! ;)

Seriously, MKIII is perfect for Dark Angels (Terran and Calibanite for me) but I'm going to wait for FW to cover them properly. I'm going to put this box towards an Iron Warriors army.

Or Shattered Legions if the box turns out to have a mix of MKIII and MKIV. Custodes and Sisters will probably mean Shattered Legions too so I can use them.

All depends on what's in the box.

Depends when it comes out. The hobby funds took a hammering recently with stuff at home needing sorted out, so I am going to have to make a hard choice between getting Russ or this, if thy come out at around the same time.

beyond Atia saying it is coming out very soon, I there anything more concrete, or are we still wish listing what we want in the box?

Also if it is Wolves vs T-Son specific, anyone want to swap their Wolves for my T-Sons?  

Archived