The New HH Box (Highly Likely to be Prospero) - Happy?

Balthamal

Dual claws could be Bjorn! That would make me weep school girl tears

Matches up with a picture of Bjorn at Prospero (according to Lexi) anyway:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/3/3a/Bjornbefore.JPG

(Except the hair of course. Bjorn's hair color is constantly in flux, tho. Kaspar Hawser says it's black, the art is brown, and this mini is a blond. :shrug:)

Much like Ragnar Blackmane, Bjorn has the ability to change hair color.

It helps psych out the enemy...and he's worth it.

I thought Bjorn only gets the Claw after he loses his arm (or am I thinking of someone else?)

He lost an arm battling the Horus-Daemon on Prospero, picks up (actually takes without asking) the claw prior to the Alpha Legion fights

Based off that Collected Visions picture. I'd say it's a Bjorn model. But that wouldn't make any sense story wise, or fluff wise considering Bjorn was little more than average Joe No73 at that point.

It's worthy of note that the unhelmeted Custode bears similarities to Valdor's appearance, but I doubt that's him either.

So I'm instead I'm going to throw a curveball, as per usual, on it being Buleyve of the 13th company.

There was supposed to a audio drama being released this year titled "13th Wolf", by Gav Thorpe, Which followed the dissappearence of the 13th after Prospero.

Past release history shows that Black Library always like to do a to do tie in releases to box games. So, for me, it would make more sense to use the 13th Wolf story to tie into this game rather than commissioning yet another story, but that's just me.

Based off that Collected Visions picture. I'd say it's a Bjorn model. But that wouldn't make any sense story wise, or fluff wise considering Bjorn was little more than average Joe No73 at that point.

Every time I read that Bjorn was of little note during this time period my eye twitches...

Every time I read that Bjorn was of little note during this time period my eye twitches...

Well he wasn't... Prospero was literally his rise to fame.

Hmm. I really want to see the Custodes models- hopefully they won't be too hard to convert to something similar to Artificer-armored SM, since I don't really need/want Custodes on their own merits. Happy about the Tartarus termies and the MKIII armor overall, but I would like pics of the Characters/Custodes/Sisters.

Well yes and no, as I understand it. Before Prospero, he was part of Leman Russ' honor guard at Nikaea, so he wasn't a nobody exactly, and significantly more important than an average Tactical/Grey Hunter/equivalent. To my knowledge tho, he wasn't ever a Legion Officer and consequently it doesn't feel appropriate that he would be an HQ character. Just my 2 pence.

Yea, he manned the Aett's defenses, had one on one time with what was believed to be a spy in the Legion, and fought off the Daemon on Nikea...

or as apparently everybody else says, a regular Marine's day.

I was one of the people who was firmly in the the Bjorn won't be involved or get a model camp, since Forgeworld said they won't make him or his rules.

But I'm changing my mind after seeing this. It looks like it could be Bjorn although he appears to be wearing Tartaros terminator armor. This lines up with what FW have said, if GW does him and had "rules" for him, then it means Forgeworld can still not put his rules in the prospero book as they have said over and over.

Yea, he manned the Aett's defenses, had one on one time with what was believed to be a spy in the Legion, and fought off the Daemon on Nikea...

or as apparently everybody else says, a regular Marine's day.

That isn't the context that people are referring too when they say Bjorn was a nobody.

Argel Tal, Shiban, Corswain, Polux, Loken, Garro, Tarvin etc;

Obviously weren't "nobody's" before the specific events that launched them to Legion wide fame. That isn't what people are referring too.

It's not a Khayon->Black Legion Khayon level change.

It's a Abbadon-> Black Legion Abbadon level change.

I was one of the people who was firmly in the the Bjorn won't be involved or get a model camp, since Forgeworld said they won't make him or his rules.

But I'm changing my mind after seeing this. It looks like it could be Bjorn although he appears to be wearing Tartaros terminator armor. This lines up with what FW have said, if GW does him and had "rules" for him, then it means Forgeworld can still not put his rules in the prospero book as they have said over and over.

Im unsure if the model is wearing Tartaros armor, but the base size appears to be smaller than the Custodes next to him. 

I would say it looks like a 32mm next to the 40mm.

@PoC: Im going to tap out of the Bjorn importance talks. Not only is it going off target, but it's one that's been covered enough already.

WLK

Before Prospero, he was part of Leman Russ' honor guard at Nikaea, so he wasn't a nobody exactly, and significantly more important than an average Tactical/Grey Hunter/equivalent. To my knowledge tho, he wasn't ever a Legion Officer and consequently it doesn't feel appropriate that he would be an HQ character. Just my 2 pence.

I think Russ realised the strength of Bjorn's wyrd before Prosperous and thus gave him certain privileges

Anyone up gor trading their Wolves for the custards & T-Sons?

If its anything like B@C, and the image seems to corroborate this, we're likely to get unmarked Marines in Mk III, enough for both sides. The only obviously marked stuff looks to be the Custodes and any Characters they would include.

I can't tell but does the SW character have one powerclaw or two? Two might suggest Wolf Lord Ogvai Ogvai Helmschrot of the 3rd Great Company rather than Bjorn. Either way, looking forward to more leaks soon!

BREAKING

Sigmarines come to heresy

I just hope that isn't meant to be valdor...

Hmm suppose I shouldn't pass judgement on these until we get better images I just find it hard to believe GW can do a good job of plastic custodes.

Archived