General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

With the release of Halo Wars 2, a new faction of Covenant was i troduced: The Banished

Led by a brilliant Jiralhanae, the Banished just fight for their own sake. No zealty, no religions, no feud against Elites as they see this odd feud as futile.

Could be of interest as a mercenary fleet ehich was once hired to fight against the Imperium during the GC and are now hired by Alexandros to fill his ranks out of desperation. Some tenses between them and their former enemies, some hilariuos teasing from the mercenaries' side.

And they could be a former part of a large, yet unknown xenos realm, which we could introduce as the main aggressor for later. TBA 2.0 for example.

Though I was just refering to the Jiralhanae, a mix off a handful of species could fit as well in order to mirror the diversity of the imperial forces.

Yeah, the Kroot are well known for being trolls, especially with their eating habits. And they are already here as opposed to importing another fandom's alien race, which I'm not sure GW has done

How's that?

These machines are not the Nomads. They are just host bodies, warmachines. The Nomads themselves are the black tendrils woven within. They take hold of the fallen's armour and force them to commit what can only look like treachery. They are untouched by the flame, and rad-poison only makes them stronger. Only by the sword can they be vanquished."

Description of the Nomads by Captain Tiebault Gaulthier, Ultima Armada order

How's that?

These machines are not the Nomads. They are just host bodies, warmachines. The Nomads themselves are the black tendrils woven within. They take hold of the fallen's armour and force them to commit what can only look like treachery. They are untouched by the flame, and rad-poison only makes them stronger. Only by the sword can they be vanquished."

Feth, that concept could be quite chilling...

Idea: You know how we never agreed on what happened to the Webway post Insurrection? How about the Nightguard take custody of it?

I wouldn't be against it :)

How's that?

I like it. I had an idea in a similar vein, that they are warp/webway beings who constructed bodies for themselves. Was worried that might be too similar to the Necrons and C'tan(the C'tan admittedly being an inspiration for the nomads).

I also like the idea that they can only be dealt with at close range. Gives our close combat legions and orders a chance to shine

How's that?

Interesting, the machine bodies not being their true form reminds me of the Vex from Destiny, with only their organic "cores" being the true creature, only now the Nomads can infect/possess/control other beings around them should their own machineform suffer crippling damage. Very sinister indeed.

Just one more week until I finish my internship. No more 50+ hour weeks split between school, internship, and work!

Anyway, I like the Nomad-tree idea, regardless of the form they take. We have humanoid aliens, reptillian, and so on. Not enough plant-based ones. 

Just one more week until I finish my internship. No more 50+ hour weeks split between school, internship, and work!

Anyway, I like the Nomad-tree idea, regardless of the form they take. We have humanoid aliens, reptillian, and so on. Not enough plant-based ones. 

Give me a damn excuse to convert some Curse-Rotted Greatwoods from Sylvaneth models, I goddamn dare you all.