General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Well actually I was thinking that the Predators would probably be the only loyal legion in any kind of state to try and stop Icarion's expansion in the galactic centre

Perhaps, or, in addition to being too spread out, Andezo is in the wrong place. Remember how both Angel legions were sent to the outer limits of the galaxy to prevent their immediate withdrawal? Why not give the Predators the same treatment. Before the Day of Revelation, Alex still places a lot of trust in Icarion. Additionally, whenever Alex is on Terra, Icarion is essentially in command of the forward lines. Icarion could easily coordinate and falsify a xeno threat on the very edge of the Great Crusade that requires the Predators' experience. 

Well actually I was thinking that the Predators would probably be the only loyal legion in any kind of state to try and stop Icarion's expansion in the galactic centre

Perhaps, or, in addition to being too spread out, Andezo is in the wrong place. Remember how both Angel legions were sent to the outer limits of the galaxy to prevent their immediate withdrawal? Why not give the Predators the same treatment. Before the Day of Revelation, Alex still places a lot of trust in Icarion. Additionally, whenever Alex is on Terra, Icarion is essentially in command of the forward lines. Icarion could easily coordinate and falsify a xeno threat on the very edge of the Great Crusade that requires the Predators' experience. 

But still, the Predators wouldn't be gone for all of the 2 or so years that there's still fighting in the galactic centre. Or if they were, it would take some explaining. 

To sum it up:

Predators are spread across the Imperium prior to the DoR

eventually Icarion tasks Andezo with hunting down phantoms

DoR occurs: Bloodlords become traitors, Plainrunners might get extinguished, Andezo is called back by Alex

Predators gather, which takes its time

Alex tasks to engage the Traitors, unleashing the Predators

while Andezo and most of the Legion start to counter Icarion, Ebonspears and Phantom Blade tribes are sent out to continue the Legions quest of gathering knowledge about Chaos and to hunt down the Bloodlords as well

Andezo starts a campaign of attrition and distraction to buy time for Alex, White Scars / Night Lord style

the Predators take the brunt of the traitors attack, depleting their numbers and exhausting them

during this campaign, the Culling of Strathus Secundus occurs, leading to the downfall of the entire Legion

Edited by Kelborn

Looks good. By the way, after reading the brief blurb of the Drowned saying how they operate at the cutting-edge of the Great Crusade and are infamous for their independence, is there a potential connection between the Drowned and Predators? Or perhaps with the Grave Stalkers, another legion noteworthy for their independence?

Have to check the relations list.

Besides, ny copy of Inferno has arrived. Therefore I'll be here while at work. At home, I'll spend my time with my family and in my "freetime", I'll devour Inferno.

Just for info if I'm not that active in the next couple of days.

Afterwards, I'll maybe revise some bits of the Preds, depending on how the Wolves are done and if there are some things I could make use of. :)

Edited by Kelborn

They do. You step out of line with the Emperor, they'll bury an axe in your head without a second thought and burn your home so that no trace of you exists.

However, that loyalty is a personal one. Its to the Emperor, so anyone else, whether they be Custodians, Malcador or an uppity Imperial official, can sod off

Edited by Sigismund229

As we are all aware, some legions are more well-developed than others. Some of us are writers, some of us are artists, and some of us are better at coming up with ideas. 

I would like to decrease this gap. Hence, I propose we have a writing challenge every month. Each month, we will pick one legion. I encourage everyone to write one piece for the legion. It can be a little story short, it could be developing a concept (example, what are the mysterious Ground Dragons of Mexicatii?), or something else. And the bonus? Completely free. 

Do people like the idea? If so, which legion should be first?

Oh boy this is a great idea. It also encourages everyone to get a feel for the legions, and lets everyone have some "ownership" over them, sort of how the canon legions don't really "belong" to anyone.

We could start with the least-developed legions and cycle through those to give them a bit of a head start? That way they get a bit of a boost in comparison to the more covered ones. After that, I'm all for numerical order.

Excellent. I agree with Drak. While it would be simpler to go in numerical order, some legions could really use some love.

So, who's the least developed?

Great idea, sim! :tu:

And I agree that this is a great opportunity to get familiar with all Legions, get to know the people and their ideas / themes and the likes.

Though I'll have to be careful as I might not have the time to contribute every month but I'll try my best. :D

After reading the first pages of the Wolves part in Inferno...jeez...awesome stuff. Unintentionally, the Predators are similar to the 30K Wolves in some points which I did not expected. Think that I'll revise the Legions relations in terms of making Andezo and Russ buddies. ^^

Do we have a Legion which has Search &  Destroy as warfare tendency? Maybe the Lions? If not, it may fit the Predators.

Nope, Lions don't have search and destroy. Predators can have it :)

Agreed, a "fluff challenge" is a good idea. As far as which legions need love, Godslayers, Void Eagles, Grave Stalkers and(I think) Fire Keepers and Warriors of Peace

Edited by Sigismund229

It would help fix that problem we had with the "literrally who?" legions (Jackel, Coch'ise, may you remain unforgotten). I nominate the Drowned, Eagle Warriors, Godslayers, and Predators for first runs (though I understand why you guys can have trouble with thee VE; not as straightforward as the Warbringers).

I think everybody should contributr. Even if he can write only 4-5 semtences depicting a battle they were in or introducong a character. Because the other way i can see the thing stopping before it has stsrted. And 5 sentences are possible in a month

I also think we should have dedicated editors for those who feel that their writing skills are lacking, or their typing skills. I think it will help those who might be more reluctant to put something out there if they know there's someone who can polish their piece before it's posted. To that extant, I volunteer myself.