General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Lack of edit capability is doing my head in. However

giphy.gif

Warp storms. We should discuss how Icarion and Travier choose to deploy them. With the Blood Crusade there's the desire to tie up the Crimson Lions, and we'll need to work out how Hec beats the storms, but the Suzerainty should also be barred from Terra.

Strong the gifs are today.

San's always been our Gif Master, though I think the Highest of the Fives is one of the best. Even if I don't know how exactly how one gives them. I got into The Suffering awhile ago. Haven't beaten it yet, but I'm fascinated by the setting and the morality system. 

Do we have any campaigns in Book 1 that need some work? I'm waiting on some info from Grifft and Squig before I can sort Flight of the Dragon, I'll happily tackle whatever bits of Underwater Madness need doing.

Do we have any campaigns in Book 1 that need some work? I'm waiting on some info from Grifft and Squig before I can sort Flight of the Dragon, I'll happily tackle whatever bits of Underwater Madness need doing.

Whoops. This suggests that I've missed/forgotten something :S What info do you need blunt?

Sorry for my absence today. I got a new graphics card for my birthday, and I can finally play Battlefleet Gothic. Which promptly ate...8? 9? 10(?) hours of my day. The game crashed, and that's what freed me from my binge. So, I'll try to get some posting before bed today.

In a similar vein, apologies for my own recent absence and lack of progress on book 2 recently. Finals/Bac year shenanigans along with essays, presentations and tests have been falling like virus bombs on Istvaan III and as such I have been somewhat swamped.

I doubt I'll get anything significant done for a while but I'll continue to chip away at my rather long to do list when I have time, maybe finish some of the things I started before all scholastic hell broke loose

Whoops. This suggests that I've missed/forgotten something :S What info do you need blunt?

I think I forgot to chase it up, so my fault. I need to know how many Grave Stalkers and Godslayers would board the Dragon and who'd lead them.

I think I forgot to chase it up, so my fault. I need to know how many Grave Stalkers and Godslayers would board the Dragon and who'd lead them.

I guess that somewhere between dozens to low hundreds would be about as much as would be sensible for the Grave Stalkers, bearing in mind that even 100 would be 1% of the legion's total strength. However I suspect that most of those sent to the dragon would be elite troops (Reapers and Wraiths primarily) and a large proportion set up for stealth/sabotage work. That way they wouldn't be going in with the intent to go head to head, but instead cripple the big ship's capabilities.

I'd guess the Godslayers would be capable of sending much greater numbers and would likely face the brunt of the fighting, while my guys sneak around behind and break stuff.

So, I'm not sure this how slipped by me, but Inferno mentioned a Chaplaincy Edict or the Order of Observance. It comes from Malcador and after the Emperor returns to Terra. Have we discussed this topic before, and I've simply forgotten?

So, I'm not sure this how slipped by me, but Inferno mentioned a Chaplaincy Edict or the Order of Observance. It comes from Malcador and after the Emperor returns to Terra. Have we discussed this topic before, and I've simply forgotten?

We haven't that I remember

Legions who had libriarius' prior to edict:

Fire Keepers, Crimson Lions&Halycon Wardens.

Yeah, the Chaplaincy Edict comes with Nikaea, though some Legions may have already adopted them in imitation of the Word Bearers. Pretty sure the White Scars never adopted it.

We have Chaplains - is Prospero our trigger, or something else? I picture the Fire Keepers having them from their reunion, but not sure what reason there is for that. As for Librarii, the Lightning Bearers and Scions also have one for certain, I assume the Void Eagles and Warbringers do as well, and the Predators loosely organise their psykers along Librarius lines.

Well, except is the Prosecution enough of an impetus for Malcador to establish the Chaplaincy? Unlike in canon, the amount of abusive gene-experiments appears to be limited to Kozja and his boys. 

Sig is right that three Legions have Chaplains established by themselves, but how do they spread to the rest of the Legiones Astartes? Do they spread? If nothing else, I can see Alex creating the Chaplaincy Corps in reaction to learning about Chaos, but that would render Chaplains a Loyalist-only unit. What about the Traitor Legions? Would the Eagle Warriors pioneer Chaos Priests in lieu of a Chaplain?

Come to think of it, didn't Raktra announce his treason to Alexandros & Malcador with him and his sons live streaming themselves breaking the necks of the Chaplains sent to watch over them?

I suggest the Eagle Warriors have something other than Chaplains. Their lodges probably should begin to introduce the corruption (though that would require keeping their Terran companies at arm's length, although as per my previous suggestions we can make that work).

Perhaps Chaplains could even come out of the Librarius as envisaged by Icarion, or Alexandros' efforts to keep his warriors' issues in check.

I agree with Skal.

Preds would have them as well as heirs to the Disciplinary Corps.

After Andezo took over, they turned into the heralds, story tellers, morale guys we know and all love.

Btw, how are things looking on the plastic, resin and paint front? Realised Grifft's trial Grave Stalker is the first BotL marine I've seen so far this year, are people hoarding their models at the moment?