General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

I have models built for a squad of Skitarii Decontaminators, and a model built for Archmagos Rex. Models built and painted for Archmagos Serghar, Archmagos Discut, and Archmagos Mhal. Working (slowly) on Mortera herself, and amassing parts for the Accipitrax and Myrmidon Custos. The only project for the Abyssi not at least started is the Mammothar, primarily because I am still trying to figure out how to make the damn thing

Apparently, it's a secret code phrase in the Mechanicum that signals tech-blasphemy of the highest degree. When this signal is sent, the Mechanicum is duty-bound to completely annihilate whatever triggered the alert. 

I assume that's a BOOM line in at least one BL book. It probably will be in one of our stories too.

Probably. It's in the Space Wolves' Exemplary Battle, and I'm only a third of the way so far.

The Abyssii will in that case probably signal it with regards to the Lost Angels, since they are operating a Silica Animus. Also on Mars when the Kaban Engine starts wrecking everything

Also, with regards to the Archimandrite that goes into the Webway, I was under the impression that the Webway was totally off-limits, so they'd have no reason to create the Archimandrite as it appears in the HH books. However, there may be a reason for them to create a different Archimandrite depending on how the Insurrection does. The current plan is that Nox gets blockaded after unsuccessful attempts to invade and, later, destroy the planet, and I am currently dreaming up ways for them to get forces in and out of Nox

Edited by Talonair

@Simi: You'll love the TS Exemplary Battles. I'm just saying a handful of Astartes against a whole Knight world. ^^

Though the Wolves' battle was ok, I'd have hoped for more battles instead of that big one. The TS' battles were cool. Kind of op, but still a good read.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Aerion the Faithful the one we're currently commissioning with our Primarchs?

There's a bit of a fundraising in order to support him. He'd lost his young nephew due to a heart conditions. There's a appropriate thread in the N&R subforum.

For donating about 30 bucks, you'll receive a whole poker set (52 + 2 joker cards) which is completely designed by him.

Nope.

Btw, Talonair, are you planning to give Abyssii an Archimandrite? Raktra may attempt to veto it on grounds of finding it too scary. Or maybe that was Drach'nyen, I forget.

If people are ok with it I can absolutely see the Abyssii making an Archimandrite

How about a contingent of both make the first contact?

Fighting alongside each other for bringing a couple of worlds into compliance, they make contact with the Quarith.

We could use this as a staging point for both Legions' introduction in the wider Great Crusade AND it could act as a mirror match to book 2 in which both Legions fight against each other, which is kind of interesting as they know each other quite well and both of them have to make use of every ace they got.

Btw. in which does the Quarith campaign start again?

Well, I'd say with the Jackals gone, we're free to do as we please. I'd plump for disturbances, alien migrations that suggest something big on the warpath. The Legions go to respond and encounter a force bigger than they'd expected, and everything kicks off from there.

I've beaten the story mode of Battlefleet Gothic. I feel much more justified about the Eldar-Imperium idea. Love how defeat is not a game over and can still be a gain of sorts. Really want to look up how the actual Gothic war went because I'm fairly certain it didn't go exactly as the game has it go. 

Also have a strong desire to check out that Horus Heresy adaptation of the tabletop game and make a version for BotL.

EDIT: Also, the Blackstone Fortresses, they're canonically found in M33. Are a few extra decades in the Great Crusade enough to cover that ground?

EDIT2: Moriana, for those who don't know, is this old crone with eyes removed who periodically provides advice to Abaddon. One of her rumoured origin stories is that she was once an handmaiden to the Emperor before falling from grace. Do we want to do with anything with that? I'm actually really intrigued by the idea of having a mirror opposite to Malcador. 

Edited by simison

EDIT2: Moriana, for those who don't know, is this old crone with eyes removed who periodically provides advice to Abaddon. One of her rumoured origin stories is that she was once an handmaiden to the Emperor before falling from grace. Do we want to do with anything with that? I'm actually really intrigued by the idea of having a mirror opposite to Malcador.

She could serve very many purposes.

One of the furst that came to my mind, was as a seer and link to Chaos Undivided/Chaos-as-a-whole. There are Primarchs and Demons who serve one of the great four. She could be a more neutral point of connection between them, while further corrupting all of them. Think a Catalyst for their further fall.