General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

The returning:

Mikhal Le Noir^^

Back from vacation, back to Civilization with fast internet, back to my sculpting tools.

Little teaser for the next:

871244-.jpg

A bigger little teaser exclusively for the botl^^

871245_sm-.jpg

And once again, I'm goad to have a place on the web away from anything political. Anyway, got the Shepherds' second elite written up, would appreciate suggestions for their rules and the other units (though Raktra, I believe, has tweaked Khârn already). I'll go through the PFD on my break and see if I can add any fluff for the Drowned's elites. May also tweak the fluff for the Scions'.

Thanks Raktra. We ought to consider Sejanus and... who was our third initial guy? Not Vyrn or Nix if I remember rightly.

I might trundle out some descriptions for the Primarchs - Icarion and Ka'wil have theirs, but Pionus, Morro amd Koschei haven't, Possibly Daer'dd too. Massacre has blurbs for some Legions' exemplary battle(s) so I may also go to work on some of those.

Edited by bluntblade

I've bee in contact with Talonair about the Mortera sketch (I just started again), and now that I'm in school holidays I'll hopefully have more time. I was wondering, though; are we restricting ourselves purely to the Legions, Solar Auxilia and Mechanicum (in terms of forces with actual rules)? Is there any potential to have more fleshed out fluff + rules for Demiurg/Squats, and other alien races? Edited by foamy248

Uh oh, he said the 'S'-word, prepare for the GW Exterminatus kill team.

At this point, we are. FW isn't even trying to come up with xenos forces in the Legion era that I'm not sure where we would start. That and B&C explicitly bans any lengthy discussion of them, so we would have to move that conversation to another forum. 

We might have an Imperial Militia provenance that are xeno-based, but that's as close as we might get to rules for them.

Don't forget: the HH is about the Legions alone. Xenos had their time during the GC and after the HH. During the HH, they are merely footnotes (if anything at all).

And B&C is very strict about this. Back when the Genestealer codex was released, there was a heavy discussion about including them or not. In the end, Genestealers are xenos lovin' & tainted scumbags and banned from this board.

Well I don't think it's ever been clarified, Canon-wise at least, whether the Demiurg are intended to be the same race as the Squats. According to the WH40k wiki, they are a just a humanoid xenos race. But actual Squats are definitely free to discuss on here, as they were originally explicitly stated to be abhumans, and part of the Imperial faction.

Well, when I had the Demiurg become an ally of Daer'dd's when we started it was under the implication that Jes Goodwin's sketches of Demiurg were most definitely Squats, perhaps he intended to give them a more dignified name.

Either way for all intents and purposes our Demiurg are Squats.

Those are the rules of the b&c.

If GW decides to make the demiurg into abhumans in the future, then we are allowed to discuss them. Before thst they count as xenos and are not allowed on this board.

Well, that would apply to the canon races. Here, I think Redd rolled them into a single abhuman race with Squats being the nickname while Demiurge is the proper name.

In which case, they'd be legal along with the other abhumans.

Can someone remind me of the known Stormbird patterns besides the Sokar?

Might flick an email to the chap who made this and see if we could use it as the basis for a larger pattern.

Edited by bluntblade