General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

I REALLY like it, it adds depth to all squad based tactics. It also let's squads be built with an eye for individual models, say with something like Vet. Tactical squadrons where you could have say multiple various combi-weapons and a pair of heavy Bolters.

I like the way morale is going to work now. Not so sure about units having "fixed" WS to hit rolls. On the one hand it makes it simpler which is I guess what they're aiming for. On the other, it makes combat between dedicated combat units or equally bad units somewhat ridiculous. Instead of two elite combat units being equally matched, they're now just going to be massacring each other while equally bad units won't be on even ground like they used to be, they're now going to be bogging each other down for ages. So overall, not really a fan of it. Not a fan of how they're choosing to do initiative either, as it removes one of the advantages armies like the Eldar used to have over the Space Marines in an assault. 

In all fairness we've not really seen a dedicated cc unit nor all the rules, especially with initiative. I know that's something I've got a tonne of questions about in regards to special rules like fleet, counter attack, and furious charge.

Oh boy... the split-firing Gun Kata marines from the WoP just became completely redundant. (once we shift to 8th, of course)

Well we'll see what Long Fangs get and see from there :)

Oh boy... the split-firing Gun Kata marines from the WoP just became completely redundant. (once we shift to 8th, of course)

That's something I hadn't thought of. Maybe increase their BS to represent their gunslinging skill? Or increase weapon range?

Anyway, new update is in. No more independent characters. Instead, they have to stand on their own, but the enemy can't target them unless they are the closest model.

I'm curious if independent characters will still have honor guard like options, with as many HQs as I run at times, it'll actually favor my tendencies.

Random thought, I am getting curious what the Primarchs' profiles will look like with Robute having 9 wounds now.

Roboute was 6 before, right? Does this mean the hardier Primarchs will have 10 wounds or will they go higher and outright become Monstrous Creatures?

No, actually, since they are soulless and, once the victim of a possession and successful exorcism, the exorcised can no longer be possessed; see: Exorcists Chapter of Space Marines.