General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

And I'm stuck here wondering how the BotL would look like if the primarchs had reflected original legion cultures rather than new ideas. Mihran was one such idea that went too far, but now I'm seeing the bloody hands of the Guardian of Steel and the half-mad Rider of the Storm....

And I'm stuck here wondering how the BotL would look like if the primarchs had reflected original legion cultures rather than new ideas. Mihran was one such idea that went too far, but now I'm seeing the bloody hands of the Guardian of Steel and the half-mad Rider of the Storm....

The White Devil doing a Florence Nightingale thing.

Thinking on it, given the Germanic influences of the early Fifth, you'd essentially get Donar, aka Thor. Red hair, eagerness to smash heads in close combat, would use his psyker powers to be extra flashy instead of his more subtle Greek self. 

giphy.gif

Under Ænas, the XVIII legion's silent choir would become warriors learnt in almost preternatural coordination and counter-insurgency, eschewing even heraldry in favour of camoactive paints and vox-idents.

Zelbezis, the iron tyrant, sits on a throne of blades. Where his legion treads law and order reign through an iron hand, its velvet glove long eroded. Blood, iron, fire. Harm, kill, purge. The IX knows no higher calling, enslaving the compliant, displaying the dead opponent for all to see.

The IIIrd. They bring suffering, pain and anguish. Man, woman, child...they butcher all in an attempt to drown their own grief in lakes of blood. They are not human. They burnt their beidges with humanity when they burned their home. They wear the heads of enemies into battle as trophies, lop the feet off the dead so that they can't walk into the afterlife, hack bodies apart to prevent them rising again. Once, perhaps, the Emperor could control them. No more.

One thing I always windered about with the Primarchs was their racial aspect. Would Jaghatai have looked the same no matter where he landed, would Fulgrim have been Aryan had he found himself on Chogoris? Or does something of their psychic makeup influence that? Edited by bluntblade

Well I said I'd try and get something up regarding the rules that I have so far this week. And here it is:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1knHCE50s9S7aa6OJai4izHQxQ2hXcUvcy3LBcfsXRJU/edit?usp=sharing

The whole thing should be editable by anyone following the link and I've made tabs for each Legion and the Abyssii so far. There is a Rules tab, which I will fill in as I have time (or others can if they want). I've also tried to summarise the Legion Rules/Rites to give an idea of what they do without having to copy the whole text.

If anyone has any changes either tell me or feel free to edit things yourself. I'm hoping to use this as my reference in future so I'll be updating it periodically. Have fun with it :)

Let it be know that it sucks to work a minor election while reading 40k novels.

I have all of these ideas and can't really work on them since no electronics are allowed outside of phones.

So, since the rules have been coalated, I think it's time for me to get my arse in gear and think about balancing Mortera. My initial thoughts are knocking one off her toughness and perhaps reduce her Invuln to a 4+