General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Don't hesitate!

Worst thing that could happen would be a rejection. Best thing that could happen would turn you into our very own spy within GW! :D

And...your dreams would come true as well. A nice bonus. :P

Right fellas, as work is ongoing on Book 2 and the strucutre/distribution of book 2 is fairly set in stone, I reckon we should also start getting together an outline for Book 3, from a fluff perspective if nothing else. So first question:

Do we want to split Book 3 into sub-books like we did with Book 2, or do we want to keep it as a single book with two campaigns? 

Also, off topic, did we ever decide whether we wanted to release a preview of Book 1?

I think we said yes.

Also, while I wait for Kel's suggestions on the Vizenko Prosecution, I'll go over Death of the Bear and make any necessary alterations (adding names, swapping Solar to Tricendian Auxilia and adding the Daughters).

I think we said yes.

In which case, who wants to make the press release?

I'm trying to work with Grifft to create the PDF. Once the PDF is assembled, it needs one final review for errors, mechanical and continuity, before it'll be ready for release. 

Also, there's only one campaign in Book 3: the Siege of Salim. 

Yeah. My bad. I've only just got to a point where I have the time to fix this. Work is beginning now.

Also, I've just updated the Insurrection file in the link above so it should have some more bits in there (all the Drowned stuff for one). If anyone has any issues with the file not working as well please tell me as I've moved to a new computer recently and can't be sure my export options are all the same as previously in terms of compression etc.

Just how much is in Book 2? And I'm still not entirely clear on where Mars is going.

P.S. it might be worth holding back some characters for campaigns where they appear - I've suggested to Redd that we save Damon for Iyacrax, for example. Just as Maloghurst doesn't show until Massacre.

Edited by bluntblade

Mars is in Book 2A.

Book 2B covers the first years of the Eastern Fringe, with the initial SL+Drowned invasion, the capture of Azus and consequent shattering of the DS legion, the sacking of Hepheasta by the SL and the Void Eagles arrival in the East and their campaign to stop those Imperial territories that remain in the East from being captured.

2C is Iyacrax and the rules being included in it are basically updates and extra bits such as:

-Some unique bits of Underwater Weaponry for the use of the Drowned and Scions

-A general armoury of wargear which is more common among our legions than it was among the canon legions, such as the Tower/Hoplon shield.

-An Insurrectionist Enforcer Squad

-Post-DoR rules for the IB.

Also, there's only one campaign in Book 3: the Siege of Salim. 

So what are we doing with the Preds and the counter-attack on the Eastern Fringe? The plan was we'd put that in Book 3 and introduce the Predators' rules along with it

No, the plan was that the Predators are in book 3 because we had to get them in early before they flipped sides. They're trying to flank Icarion's first push and help defend Solar Seg. The entirety of Book 3 is about Icarion's first push and its failure. 

As to the counter-attack itself, it'd probably make more sense to have it happened during the Blood Crusade or just a little bit afterwards after the stalemate has been broken. 

EDIT: Also regarding the three mini-books of Expansion, Grifft wants to know if he needs to create three separate files or just one big one and note where the breaks are. 

Edited by simison

No, the plan was that the Predators are in book 3 because we had to get them in early before they flipped sides. They're trying to flank Icarion's first push and help defend Solar Seg. The entirety of Book 3 is about Icarion's first push and its failure. 

As to the counter-attack itself, it'd probably make more sense to have it happened during the Blood Crusade or just a little bit afterwards after the stalemate has been broken. 

EDIT: Also regarding the three mini-books of Expansion, Grifft wants to know if he needs to create three separate files or just one big one and note where the breaks are. 

Last time I checked the counter-attack happened before the Blood Crusade. That was why we initially decided to put in Book 3, as it happens at the tail end of Icarion's failure to breach Seg.Solar. So I'll have a think, see if there's some way we could do it whilst keeping it chronological and not crowbarring it in as a footnote at the beginning of 4. 

Guys, who did the sketch of Mortera? Because we might want that for Book 2, along with a portrait of Ruel (I like the idea of one that's got him almost in profile, with one claw raised) and maybe Niklaas during the Martian campaign.

Can we talk to the artists behind the old Icarion and Alex paintings and use those in Book 1? Plus maybe that one of the Lightning Bearers on campaign?

Edited by bluntblade

Can we talk to the artists behind the old Icarion and Alex paintings and use those in Book 1? Plus maybe that one of the Lightning Bearers on campaign?

If you're referring to the commission from saint-max, he's already given permission.

I was thinking that - the Alex one was his, right?

He's the one who did the Lost Legion/Pre-Warmaster Alex, Icarion, and now Gwalchavad.

I see. Any idea who did the one with the three Lightning Bearers?

BTW, Alex and Koschei/Nomus riding together in a Spartan - too risky to justify purely for a scene?

Writing. I'm thinking of adding another brief battle bit into the current story, cos I just have the start of a battle at the beginning and then a lot of low-key stuff and Alex dealing with admin.

BTW, Alex and Koschei/Nomus riding together in a Spartan - too risky to justify purely for a scene?

I think that sounds awesome, although the "riding in a Spartan" premise is a little iffy to me, mainly because I'm unsure if Primarchs canonically can fit inside a Spartan, let alone three of them, especially if Koschei is wearing that Terminator Armour of his. That said, Alex and Nomus are among the smallest of the Primarchs so perhaps they'd fit...

Regardless it sounds like a cool scene, I can picture Nomus filling in his brothers on the latest intelligence reports from Omnia Squads in the field via a holo-display from his wrist device while Alex and Koschei discuss their strategy. Also, is this the campaign Alex, Koschei and Nomus are on while the Prosecution is happening?

Edited by SanguiniusReborn