General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Ashen Crows sound familiar though...have to check the WIP subforum. Or I'll just ask him by myself as he liked my post. ^^

Hello AshenCrow here.

Been a huge fan of the brotherhood of the lost for so long now. I've been working on my own missing legion for close to a year now and after seeing this project I knew I wanted to do something like it. We currently don't have a public page yet as we are still getting all the legions sorted. but if you guys want I would be more than happy to drop you a link once we have one.

See, I knew Ashen Crows did sound familiar. Have to have a look on your Legion, mate. It's been a while.

Sure, just drop a link in here. Don't hesitate to ask if you need some advice or help or a Legion or whatever. :P

A network of common projects can only be a advantageous. :)

I've begun delving into the Harbinger's fluff chapter...and have found way too many errors for my taste. Most of it is capitalizing 'Legion' and 'Space Marine' to match the FW standard.

To my surprise, I dropped a hint that there is a known explanation of the Warmaster appointment in the LB's fluff chapter. Out of curiosity, is this knowledge the group is aware of?

Also, it occurs to me that we really need a redbox detailing the Qarith Empire. 

Finally, I'm curious how Chaos corrupts the various Celestial Orders for its own purposes.

I wasn't aware that there was an explanation.

There's always been an explanation, but I haven't found a good place to put it into the rulebooks or stories.

Simply put, the Emperor believes the Ghost Crusade is a higher priority than the Warmaster position. As such, he does not want Icarion to be distracted from his duties as the overall commander of the Ghost Crusade, which is why Icarion is removed as a potential Warmaster in the Emperor's eyes. 

With that done, Alexandros, as the natural second pick, is chosen for his veterancy and political skills. 

Hmmm. Honestly i like the vague situation i believed was bronon better. Not knowing why is to me more powerful thant the ghost crusade explanation. Keep the veil of mystery.

Hmmm. Honestly i like the vague situation i believed was bronon better. Not knowing why is to me more powerful thant the ghost crusade explanation. Keep the veil of mystery.

Well, it hasn't made its way into any of the books yet.

I'm inclined to present interpretations from different individuals and groups. Perhaps mention the GC one in the Harbingers section, but mingle it with their fears of being overlooked and cast aside.

Hey random question! Could we add an Astartes Stormhammer? I adore the tank and I feel like it'd be something the Legions would use during the Insurrection. Like replace the hull lascannon to a Demolisher cannon, side sponsors to Vukites or Assault cannons etc…

Hey random question! Could we add an Astartes Stormhammer? I adore the tank and I feel like it'd be something the Legions would use during the Insurrection. Like replace the hull lascannon to a Demolisher cannon, side sponsors to Vukites or Assault cannons etc…

It's not an Astartes vehicle already?

:thumbsup:

You got on there quick (like within 30secs of me posting :tongue.:). No comments to make?

Since its pretty early on and not complete yet, no; but, the deconstruction of the 8th ed CT and how we could go about making ours was a good idea/example and, so far, most of what I'm seeing is pretty good.

I especially liked the formatting of the individual legion tabs.

The Rules Summary section, have some thoughts but its not pressing; mostly on how to improve the readability of the section.

:thumbsup:

You got on there quick (like within 30secs of me posting :tongue.:). No comments to make?

Since its pretty early on and not complete yet, no; but, the deconstruction of the 8th ed CT and how we could go about making ours was a good idea/example and, so far, most of what I'm seeing is pretty good.

I especially liked the formatting of the individual legion tabs.

The Rules Summary section, have some thoughts but its not pressing; mostly on how to improve the readability of the section.

Do you mean the New Rules tab? Because everything outside of the one labeled as 8e was written a few months ago to keep track of the 7e rules/units for the Brotherhood.

Yeah the one for 7th, didnt seem like a main focus just more of a "have it all here" kindve deal so I wasnt too worried about it.

Yeah the one for 7th, didnt seem like a main focus just more of a "have it all here" kindve deal so I wasnt too worried about it.

Pretty much. I just wanted people to be able to reference all the new things without cluttering the 'datasheets'

Nope just Auxilia and Army so far.

Is there a particularly strong reason for this?

Also, since Redd and Blunt are tweaking the IB chapter, I'm going to start bouncing back and forth between the Preview and Book 2, until the tweaking is done.

Nope just Auxilia and Army so far.

Is there a particularly strong reason for this?

Actually I'm mistaken, book 1 of the HH says that Legio Astartes may use any Imperial super heavy tank. So as long as that still stands we're okeydoke.

Time may be restricted this week (work is on day two and full panic mode has set in) but I'm going to go over the Iron Bears' lore and work in the changes Redd and I come up with.

Will turn my attentions to the Godslayers after that or if work on the Bears stalls. Then The Drowned, and I'll sling some questions to Athrawes, as I've had a couple of ideas for Madrigal and the Lightning Bearers.

Edited by bluntblade

So, as much as I hate to increase the workload, do we really need to divide Expansion into two or three books instead of the minibook idea we're currently working with?

It had been my hope that it wasn't necessary. After all, after the bombastic Day of Revelation ambushes, we really don't see entire Legions throwing themselves against each until the Battle of the Forge. Instead, this was supposed to be a 10-year period of low-level war for the Legions (if not for the poor Imperial Army) as both Icarion and Alexandros tried to conserve and build up Legion strength and numbers during this time.

But we are still talking about an entire decade of war that rapidly redraws the Galactic map. And we are uncomfortably trying to fit two galactic campaigns (the Galactic center and the Eastern Front) into just minibooks. Can we pull it off?