General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Hi all - sorry for having been away for such a long time. I'm now free from exams and (hopefully) free from some other personal stuff that's been eating up my time recently. I've come back to around 1000 notifications from threads I follow alone which will obviously take a while to sift through; is there anything particularly important that I should start my catching up with or any pressing jobs I should get started on (like updating legion rules for 8th ed 40k if that's something we're doing)?

Hurrah :D Good to see you back Squig.

Well, the latest entry in Stories has a bit of Koschei, so I hope his bits ring true, and I've updated the Vizenko Prosecution which gives him some minor involvement.

As for pressing stuff, I'm checking how Death of the Bear as Sigi wrote it checks out against the fluff written since, and what else needs/wants adding.

Welcome back. We're not currently updating for 8th Edition given FW's decision to stick with 7th Ed for now. I personally may try and update some/all of our Legions in tandem with the original Legions as part of another project I'm working on, but that's basically an entirely separate thing.

I can't think of any major developments recently, we've just been plodding away as normal ;)

Hi all - sorry for having been away for such a long time. I'm now free from exams and (hopefully) free from some other personal stuff that's been eating up my time recently. I've come back to around 1000 notifications from threads I follow alone which will obviously take a while to sift through; is there anything particularly important that I should start my catching up with or any pressing jobs I should get started on (like updating legion rules for 8th ed 40k if that's something we're doing)?

It's good to see you back, Squig, and just in time! We're going to publish the Legion fluff chapters an the first two intros of Book 1 so I might need your help when I review the Godslayers' chapter.

But I'll let you know if that comes up. Other than the Preview, we've officially moved to Book 2, so the Dune Serpents' fluff chapter needs work but that's on-going and doesn't require your immediate attention.

The only thing I'd like to know (and this is low priority) is what rank is a Watcher among the Dune Serpents?

Given how early the Rangdan Xenocides go down in canonverse, and the Legions we want most heavily involved, how about we change things up a little? So the initial conflict ends in what seems to be total victory for the Imperials, by the Rangda(?) have endured, hidden from the Crusade, and resurge decades later, necessitating the collossal campaigns by the Berserkers, Void Eagles and I forget the rest.

Also, having noticed some details on the Iron Blood, the actual specs of a Gloriana might not be that rigid. Certainly at least that one wasn't constructed in the Sol System at all, but above Olympia.

Edited by bluntblade

Given how early the Rangdan Xenocides go down in canonverse, and the Legions we want most heavily involved, how about we change things up a little? So the initial conflict ends in what seems to be total victory for the Imperials, by the Rangda(?) have endured, hidden from the Crusade, and resurge decades later, necessitating the collossal campaigns by the Berserkers, Void Eagles and I forget the rest.

Also, having noticed some details on the Iron Blood, the actual specs of a Gloriana might not be that rigid. Certainly at least that one wasn't constructed in the Sol System at all, but above Olympia.

Regarding the Iron Blood, they way Mechanicum manufacturing habits go that would make it a Gloriana Class Olympia Pattern. Or some thing like that. See tha same with everything from Titans to las pistols.

Right, I've done some catching up.

Hurrah :D Good to see you back Squig.

Well, the latest entry in Stories has a bit of Koschei, so I hope his bits ring true

His bit definitely rings true, yeah.

Painting scheme and exact look if koscheis armor. Otherwise i will get creative next month

Off the top of my head I can only remember one source for koschei's exact appearance which was the model I made around two years ago when my painting and converting skills were far more lacking than they are now (although I feel like skal ?may? have sketched koschei too - I don't remember this late at night). But I built that model from a sigmarine retributor so his armour could have some of the baroque elements from that in the trim especially. In my head (and this didn't get translated well into that model I made) he's got cataphractii based armour with a little bit of baroque Imperial Knight/stormcast style ornamentation, with a healthy amount of furs. I also have always imagined his dagger as a sorta snake shaped blade that curves multiple times and is probably completely impractical - that's definitely open to change though. I think his colourscheme is orange everything, grey shoulders, gold trim but I'm not sure - he might have more grey given his pariah nature. I can trawl through old stuff I wrote about him to see if there's more detail tomorrow, and I might try and sketch something as well if I have time.

But I'll let you know if that comes up. Other than the Preview, we've officially moved to Book 2, so the Dune Serpents' fluff chapter needs work but that's on-going and doesn't require your immediate attention.

The only thing I'd like to know (and this is low priority) is what rank is a Watcher among the Dune Serpents?

I'll dig through the computer to see where I got up to with the fluff so I can chip away at that. With regards to watcher, I feel like that might be a term coined by blunt because I don't really remember what rank that would be in the serpents; it however is entirely possible that I'm just having a mind blank. If I had to guess I'd put watcher as a centurion level rank, ?maybe reserved for vigilators? Alternatively it could be a line officer within the legion.

I've got one partial sketch for Koschei:

Ah cool - if I have seen that before it's completely slipped my mind over the time I've been gone but yes @MikhalLeNoir that's a perfect representation of what I meant with the armour style.

Who are we sending them up against? Could I actually suggest the Lightning Bearers? Because so far their role has been very limited, and they have a strong naval side.

If I remember right, a battle between the Lightning Bearers and Void Eagles is already on plan. 

That's a lot for one book, though to be honest I'm starting to wonder if Book 2 can hold all the stuff we've come up with.

There was too much to cover in the early Insurrection. Hence why Book 2 got split down into 3 sub-books(partially. It was also to allow us to have fewer forces in each book).

I apologize for not being very active. I finally managed to get some work hours this week, but I had to switch from waking up at 10 am to 6 am and have yet to have a full night's sleep. It's played havoc with my ability to get things done at home, including posting. Tomorrow is the last morning shift, so after a full night's rest on Saturday, I should be back to full productivity.

Realised that Sarum lies very close to Madrigal, so a) the Insurrectionists will take it early on and b) I reckon that might offer Kelbor-Hal a power base of sorts, though his authority is severely diminished (but keep in mind, he had ruled the Mechanicus for millennia before the Schism).

Some bad news, some good news, and some interesting news. 

Bad: Thorn will be quite busy in the foreseeable future and will not be around. 

Good: My work week is over, and I'll be picking up the pace.

Interesting: AshenCrow is attempting his own alternate universe on Facebook. They're still very much in the early developmental stage, but he asked me for some advice on how to run things. 

Bad news: I expected this to happen. He's in the lead of a new Liber department, responsible for heraldy, etc. They're currently working on a B&C Primaris color scheme generator and the likes. But he's not lost forever. Just distracted. :wink:

Good news: :thumbsup:

Interesting news: Got a link? Is he a B&C frater as well?

*edit*

Sorry for my current abscence. Got a lot to do in reallife and my remaining downtime is currently blocked with reading the entire White Scars arc by Wraight and doing some stuff about a Primaris chapter for the Liber Astartes. I'm still reading though, so if I'm needed, I'll answer. :smile.:

Edited by Kelborn