General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Hey guys; I was curious if some of us should maybe focus on not just the preview, but maybe start organizing the stories and Legion right ups into .PDFs we have an astounding amount of post's on the forum and I'd be happy to help organise and edit, so we BoTL verse stuff people can start to dig into.

Because we're building something awesome, and I know it's popularity could grow, but our forum is getting intimidating.

Sounds good, except for the PDF part. Grifft seems to be stretched thin between the books right now. Can you handle making the PDFs, Redd? Since these wouldn't be the books proper, I imagine we could go for something a bit more plain since the idea is just to have bite-sized chunks of the lore ready, even if we do get dinged on presentation.

Although I've never read one, I'm under the impression that index articles were you used to offer a quick and simple introduction to a space marine chapter. If so, it might be wise to create an index article for a Legion, pair it with a short story, and add a couple of images for something short and sweet. Ideally, the short story will be about the Legion itself and not the Primarch, while I'd recommend using Drak's Legionary portraits for one image and an image of the Legion symbol.

Hey guys, I'll still be posting and such; but my work output will be limited on any front, I damaged my cervical plexus nerve in my neck about two weeks ago; and now I after a doctor visit today I have an MRI Thursday, and a consult with an orthopedic surgeon asap; and I might be getting spinal surgery on my neck. All over the next few weeks. So I apologize if it takes me few weeks to get our introduction book put together.

Hope you land the job, Demus! 

Yikes! Sorry to hear that, Red. Hope you're recovery goes well and make sure it takes top priority. BotL will still be here when you're ready to work.

Lastly, my 40k mentor, Nate, has allowed me to temporarily borrow the new Space Marine codex. Concerning fluff, I've noted two major differences since the last edition. One, lieutenants are given more emphasis. I honestly don't recall them ever being mentioned among Space Marines except for one brief mention in the first HH book. Two, they list the three new Primaris organs. By far the most interesting one is the Magnificat/The Amplifier. The big surprise is that the lore claims that this is one half of the immortis gland, the 'God-Maker' organ which was unique to the Primarchs. The Magnificat by itself acts as a super-charged ossmodula and biscopea, further increasing bone growth/strength and muscle growth/strength. This is the first time I've ever seen such a direct mention of a Primarch's biology in a rulebook. 

I'm actually okay with it, I mean Primarchs aren't just kinda bigger than Astartes, they're very large on the whole height wise. So an extra organ for that makes sense; the other thing to remember is while they are significantly different from Astartes with far more bit; they're still the Emperor's sons, plus it's likely he poured extra warp JuJu in and made them flesh bound demigods. So it keeps that part from Astartes.

Extra biology I have no objection to, but I prefer "organs we can't identify" to "the special Primarch organ that makes them Primarch-y"

Hm, the text is unclear whether or not this is the only Primarch-specific organ or of it's just one of several.

Today is the official second anniversary of Brotherhood of the Lost!

In two years, we've managed to complete Alpha Phase for Insurrection, make progress on Expansion and Escalation, and lay the ground work for Emancipation. We promoted SanguiniusReborn and Drakzilla into full Legionaries and added artwork to what was originally a whim. We have a presence on two forums and will expand to a third once the Preview is done. 

It's not all been good as we have lost a few members of the two years. Progress is slower than what we originally expected. Finally, we had to replace two full Legions.

However, I think we have finalized our roster. We are on the verge of producing our first publication. And, this project isn't going to end anytime soon as we have now lived to see the transition from 7th edition to 8th. 

My two biggest objectives this next year is to complete Exanpsion's Alpha Phase and produce the Preview of Insurrection. Bonus objectives include the group art piece and to complete Alpha Phase for Emancipation. I hope to see many of you to continue this journey with BotL for this next year and beyond!

Ad Astra!

Haste makes waste. While other projects came to an end or are renewed (like the Guiliman Heresy), we're still here, continuing our work.

I'm proud to be part of this team. For the Brotherhood of the Lost Legions! :D

We have come so very far in these two short years, though it has not been without cost and struggle. Like the IInd and XIth of canon, we have lost cherished Brothers and been forced to consign two once-honoured Legions to the darkness of non-existence, erased from all records but our own minds, so let us drink deep of victory and remember the fallen.

To our absent brothers whose plinths stand empty, we thank you for your contributions and wish you great fortune in whatever endeavours you now pursue. To our former Legionary brethren, Stygian Jackals, Ghost Walkers, we salute your memory and shall never forget you, may your victories echo throughout the ages in whatever strange dimension you walk now, fight hard, die well.

Destruction however breeds creation, and we have grown so much despite these losses and forged yet richer lore from these trials, I find myself anxious to see what wonders await us in the next stage of our great endeavour! Milestones such as these remind me how deeply fortunate I am to be apart of this strange and wonderful brotherhood, and make me realise how grateful I am to be able to call such talented, creative and otherwise outstanding individuals my Battle-Brothers.

And so, from the bottom of my hearts, I say thank you to you all for having so warmly welcomed me into this bizarre company of assorted misfits, outcasts, n'er-do-wells and heretics in the first place, I can't imagine where I'd be without you.

http://media.new.mensxp.com/media/content/2016/Feb/gif-1456749439.gif

Probably lurking in the Liber still, unseen and unheard, but with eyes everywhere.

Everywhere.

Onwards Brothers, glory awaits!

gallery_49041_10668_59338.gif

Edited by SanguiniusReborn