General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

I am still in favor of the mini books. Splitting expansion in more big books could bloat the entire thing and it will take a great amount of time. We scratch the surface and let the players go deeper in their campaigns. If we write everything we will never see the end and we minimize the opportunity for others to play their stories in our scenario.

The great thing of the original w40k was that they left so much open for players to explore for themselves ( nowadays they tell to much and push the story forward forgetting what made the scenario so interesting. But that is a other discussion)

So minibooks. If we want to add another campaign in that timeline then we just have to add another minibook.

Fair enough.

In other news, I have surprisingly found myself playing for the Xenos faction in the Fate of Konor campaign.

http://i.imgur.com/SCIa8Im.jpg

What did you play?

Here's the situation:

So, yesterday is typically my 40k day at my FLGS. This week, the store has gotten a jump start on the Fate of Konor campaign, and I initially signed up for Imperium since my primary army is Blood Angels. 

But then I spoke to a couple of the store guys and quickly realized that there were too many Imperium players. There are simply not enough Chaos and Xenos players to guarantee a match-up for all of the Imperium players. 

So, instead of fielding my Blood Angels, I will be contributing to the war as a Tau-Eldar alliance. I'm not trying any power-gaming, but I only have a few Tau models. We're playing it as an escalation league, so I'm not going to be able to field the higher pointages since they're keeping substitution to a minimum. 

But I have a friend who has a large Eldar army. So, early on, I'm going to try to play straight Tau, but gradually shift to Eldar as the points rise. 

That all said, to actually answer your question, I played Blood Angels yesterday. But next week, if the points stay at 500, I'm going to play straight Tau. If higher, then I'll add some Eldar in.

As far as I can tell, every Legion has a picture of a Legionary with their rules in the Black Books. Do we want to mimic that? Drak's already done one Warrior of Peace, after all.

That would be ideal, but we're still trying to get through the Primarch sketches.

True. We're on what, six? Plus the portraits of Alex and Icarion.

Btw, has anyone ever wondered about just how the Primarchs are all a fit for the general ethnicity of whatever world they landed on? Always figured it was soemthing psychic, but may flag it up in a story sometime, just a character hypothesising.

Talking about sketches....what about our little commission?

I spoke with him last week. He's buried in four major projects but said he'll try to make some progress soon. I intend to send him another e-mail next week if I don't receive a response before then.

True. We're on what, six? Plus the portraits of Alex and Icarion.

Btw, has anyone ever wondered about just how the Primarchs are all a fit for the general ethnicity of whatever world they landed on? Always figured it was soemthing psychic, but may flag it up in a story sometime, just a character hypothesising.

Which doesn't happen in the canonverse. ADB once said Lorgar was the only Caucasian on Colchis.

The Primarchs' match the homeworks/region by hyper adaptive properties; even Astartes skin can change color based on things like light; it's just often forgotten about in stories.

Yeah I always figured that was the case as well. After all, how else do you explain Jaghatai Khan, the only ethnically Asian Primarch, landing on Chogoris?

Which doesn't happen in the canonverse. ADB once said Lorgar was the only Caucasian on Colchis.

Really? I've seen FW's mugshot artwork of Lorgar, Kor Phaeron and Erebus and if my memory serves they all looked like Caucasians to me, although perhaps it's helped somewhat that they're all bald.

There is also the issue of Magnus to muddy the waters, though.

Well we all know significant warp shenanigans went on there, come to think of it I wonder what Magnus might've been like had he not suffered from exposure during his pod's transit through the warp?

Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Based on the Emperor's plans for Magnus, I don't think anything would have changed, he's so insanely powerful in fluff, I don't think he understood what he was truly capable of.

I've always held the theory that Tzeentch goes after his sons to make the bargain so he could have some level of control over a being whom could have helped the Emperor topple the Pantheon.

The Primarchs' match the homeworks/region by hyper adaptive properties; even Astartes skin can change color based on things like light; it's just often forgotten about in stories.

Yeah I always figured that was the case as well. After all, how else do you explain Jaghatai Khan, the only ethnically Asian Primarch, landing on Chogoris?

So that means, every Primarch could've looked like Vulkan or Curze / Corax?

ehm...after seeing Redds post: I thought this was obvious? Of course would Tzeentch like to bend the most potent psykers in the universe to his will. Why else doing all the stuff leading to the Thousand Sons downfall?

I don't think that the fleshchange was a side effect of their geneseed. Rather a subtle manipulation of Tzeentch.

Edited by Kelborn

Really?

Ok, I can't say anything about those times. DoW caught my attention for 40K and I started to dive into the lore, etc. a couple of years ago. During the last days of the 5th edition, I believe....5th edition Space Wolves codex was my very first book besides Bill King's Ragnar omnibus and McNeils Ultramarine novels. ^^

Yeah, once we got true hints of Magnus' power, equating closer him to the Emperor than not I started speculating that Tzneetch feared Magnus in some capacity. And people thought I was crazy. Edited by Chief Captain Redd

Hey guys; I was curious if some of us should maybe focus on not just the preview, but maybe start organizing the stories and Legion right ups into .PDFs we have an astounding amount of post's on the forum and I'd be happy to help organise and edit, so we BoTL verse stuff people can start to dig into.

Because we're building something awesome, and I know it's popularity could grow, but our forum is getting intimidating.