What have your Raven Guard done lately?

mertbl

My Raptors finally got out of hiding and gotta a taste of 8th edition against the Sisters. At 1500 pts, I got stomped hard, tabled on top of turn four!

I know I made a lot of mistakes and I was unlucky when it counted, but still - I only managed to kill a single squad of sisters and Celestine. The Saint was killed out of spite more than for a tactical reason, since at this point I only had a 5 man tactical squad and 3 man company vet squad left in rapid fire range of her...

It looks like High Toughness and Wounds are the way to last in this game, but I'm struggling to see a way to do that without Primaris...

I'm taking my Raptors to a team tourney this coming sunday. This is what I'm taking:

New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [56 PL, 1000pts]
Unbound Army (Faction) (Imperium - FW Adeptus Astartes) [10 PL, 195pts]
  • HQ
    • Lias Issodon [10 PL, 195pts]
Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [46 PL, 805pts]
  • HQ
    • Lieutenants [5 PL, 85pts]
      • Lieutenant

Jump Pack, Master-crafted boltgun, Power sword

• Troops
    • Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 115pts]

Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Stalker Bolt Rifle

• 4x Intercessor
      • Intercessor Sergeant

Power sword

• Scout Squad [6 PL, 70pts]

5x Camo cloak, Scout Sergeant, 4x Scout w/Boltgun

• Scout Squad [6 PL, 70pts]

5x Camo cloak, Scout Sergeant, 4x Scout w/Boltgun

• Tactical Squad [5 PL, 76pts]
      • 4x Space Marine
      • Space Marine Sergeant

Combi-flamer

• Elites
    • Aggressor Squad [12 PL, 258pts]

5x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant, Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

• Apothecary [3 PL, 55pts]
    • Chapter Ancient [4 PL, 76pts]

Power sword, Standard of the Emperor Ascendant

My teammate is bringing complimentary AT Crimson Fists and and some assassins. Team Skyshield rides again to defend our Team Tourny Champion title!

The plan is to use SFTS the Aggressors and the Chapter Ancient(Since whoever Issodon takes with him has to arrive with him and I want the Aggressors to have a chance to benefit from the banner turn 1 if we go second.)

Then the LT, Apoth, and Lias strike in to buff the Aggressors our turn one to lay hate. My troops use the -1 to hit them to hunker down on objectives.

I'll post results and interesting things that I find.

I am returning to the spire after spending the last 6 months running an imperial guard company. I have had many great victories but it is time to try something else.

I have a 10 week league starting up Saturday. 2k 5 "rounds" ITC champions missions. Pretty excited to get shrike and the vanguard back out. Planning on 15 scouts, 15 vanguard, bikes, storm talons, devastators.

So far raptors have been reinforced with 2 5 man Primaris Marine intercessors squads, 2 LTs, Ancient, 1 of 3 inceptors.

Still to build 3 captains, librarian, chaplain, another LT, Apothecary, 3 more intercessors squads, aggressor squad, 2 reiver squads, inceptor squad, repulsor and redemptor dread.

Yeah, been busy painting too. Last week moved to a new place, which doesn't have internet until end of next week. That way, built/painted a hellblaster squad, dev squad, Primarissodon, magnetized power armour captain (based on the Moritat), magnetized biker captain, magnetized biker apothecary and a few infantry/razorback weapon options. More internet-less days to come, to tackle the Tower of Shame.

My Raven Guard force are about to welcome a new Captain to their ranks. 

I haven't decided on a name yet, but he'll be Captain of the 8th Company. I'm arming him with a combi-melta and thunder hammer, with the Raven's Fury. 

My theory there is that the melta part of his combi-weapon can still fire after advancing, and the Raven's Fury will let him charge after advancing. The plan is for him to take out single tough characters or possibly vehicles. If he is the Warlord he'll get the +1 attack trait to help with this. 

Alternately, I plan on building a biker Captain to serve as the Warlord who will get Iron Resolve. (Spoiler alert: It's going to be Korvydae back from the Deathwatch with a new bike). 

That's a lot of aggressors.

Recently built/ not painted:

Gravis Captain

Primaris Captain

Primaris Librarian

2 Primaris LTs

Primaris Ancient

Primaris Apothecary

2 Man Reiver squads

5 5 man Intercessor Squads

1 3 man Inceptor Squad

still to build

Primaris Chaplain

Primaris BDay Captain

3 5 man Hell Blasters

1 3 man Inceptor squad

1 3 man Aggressor Squad

Repulsor

Redemptor Dreadnought

Edited by war009

Clearly its the Baneblade right!

Oh wait wrong forum... or is it. :wink:

The Baneblade I'm afraid has fallen to the ruinous powers and will be subject to a future conversion incorporating a full altar to chaos on top (think an evil 'Fortress of Arrogance'), a terrorgheist and more Brass than Khorne,s favorite brass wholesale supplier. The Baneblade was actually won as built, in the 8th ed release raffle at my local GW.

that's a lot of aggressors

By complete accident, had bought one box to make up the Boltstorm Gauntlet variety only to find at the end of the build that the ammo feeds had a miscast. GW just gave me a replacement box which I stole the ammo feeds for, so it would be rude not to build the rest in what amounted to 3 free Flamestorm Agressors :wink:

Edited by Valaas

My Raptors left their Chapter Master at home and got into a scrap with some Astra Militarum. Though I lost (again!), this game was a lot more fun than the last I've played and I have a feeling that I was using Issodon as crutches. My decision making was a lot better this time, though I still have a lot to learn about 8th edition.

I want to give Primaris a try, I like most of the models and with the pts drop in Chapter Approved, there is a lot of incentive to make room for some units.

I started assembling my Hellblasters last night

I will probably go with the standard Incinerators on this build, although I do like the concept of the Assault ones... Maybe next time :)

Still need to build my Repulsor... now I've had a spin with my airbrush on the Baneblade I've been working on I'm looking forward to using it on the Repulsor :)