What have your Raven Guard done lately?

mertbl

I ran a double las double missile squad in my last game and I think that's going to be one of my go-to units from now on. I have a similar strategy to yours but I don't have the scouts to do it yet. I'll probably be working on a scout squad after the devastators I have on the hobby bench.

I used Shrike to give them and new predator rerolls and that was really beneficial.

Are you running them with cloaks? Do you prioritize getting them into cover to make them more survivable or do you put them where they need to be to maximize area denial regardless of terrain?

My force of 4th Company RG with an allied force of Ultramarines spent Friday at Warhammer World beating up a force of Orks with some Heretic marines (Actually White Scars but we had 3 Marine forces in a 4 player game).

It was our first real game of 8th edition and i took a force that was basically a Battle Company with support from a couple of Dreads, a couple of Typhoon Speeders, a predator and a Storm Talon. Most of the force did well, the Dev squads took out all the Ork heavy vehicles, the Dreads took vast amounts of firepower and took out the opposing Marines with their assault cannons and fists and the Storm Talon made a nuisance of itself everywhere until taking a Multi-Melta to its face! The Tacts didn't make their points back, neither did the Sniper Scouts and the Assault squad took out the opposing assault squad (thanks to flamer overwatch) but was overmatched when a Captain, Lieutenant and Librarian charged it on the same turn. The Predator couldn't hit a barn door but the Typhoons accounted for a Razorback and its contents before having most of the opposing Marine force take them down with revenge fire.

Overall still a glorious victory for the Raven Guard . I think i need to start building those Vanguard Vets before my next outing and i want to experiment with more Scouts in the force to save points for the stuff that actually does some stuff. My opponent fielded a Vindicator and i was totally unimpressed so I am glad mine is painted tor a Dark Angels force.

I ran a double las double missile squad in my last game and I think that's going to be one of my go-to units from now on. I have a similar strategy to yours but I don't have the scouts to do it yet. I'll probably be working on a scout squad after the devastators I have on the hobby bench.

I used Shrike to give them and new predator rerolls and that was really beneficial.

Are you running them with cloaks? Do you prioritize getting them into cover to make them more survivable or do you put them where they need to be to maximize area denial regardless of terrain?

I put them into cover if possible, but not at the expense of the deep strike proof bubble. Often, a scout's best defence is that nobody wants to waste their shots on a scout. I'm torn between 4x las 4x ML, or 2 of each in each squad. There's good cases for both. Scouts are vital, make sure you paint them ASAP! Edited by Gulltramarine

I agree with the above, especially about your opponent not making them a priority. I used Concealed Positions to camp on 2 midfield objectives, did not even take Cloaks, and those units each had a few survivors at the end of the game. One even survived Assault Terminators with Lightning Claws, as the sole survivor, hold them there until my Black Templars ally arrived, and cleaned up. It was glorious.

GW .  They come in a box of 340 various skulls .https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Skulls-2017

Cool. I didn't realize there were bird skulls in there. I may have to buy a few of those from bits sellers.

Having done that myself ... They will be extortionately priced per skull. But I did find them as a stand-alone offer versus as a bundle and it was before the 340 pack. Ssooooo....

The Icons fit really well . I have a bunch of the tactical ones and will be ordering the Raven ones today have to use up all those plastic GW pads:tongue.:

Would they fit scouts, out of curiosity, as you can get almost any other kind of pad
In my mind they are too big for the scouts, kinda looks like they have a pad on the pad so makes the model look clumsy and not very stealthy! Was very disappointed as I am doing about 30 scouts at the moment and gonna have to hand draw the Ravens now!

They look awesome on the Primaris and normal marines though

The Icons fit really well . I have a bunch of the tactical ones and will be ordering the Raven ones today have to use up all those plastic GW pads:tongue.:

Would they fit scouts, out of curiosity, as you can get almost any other kind of pad
In my mind they are too big for the scouts, kinda looks like they have a pad on the pad so makes the model look clumsy and not very stealthy! Was very disappointed as I am doing about 30 scouts at the moment and gonna have to hand draw the Ravens now!

They look awesome on the Primaris and normal marines though

Ah that is a shame, i am attempting homemade decals at the moment but finding it quite trying, if i can just buy 60 icons from shapeways for 15 quid, then perhaps its easier!

Victory in the Veiled Region!

The Eclipse Marines have brought stability and peace to several sovereign Imperial worlds with their triumph over the traitors known as the Death Guard. In a daring gambit, Knight Commander Kelan Seras led a strike force of Veterans and Dreadnoughts against the Heretic stronghold in the region. Amid brutal combat the venerated Astartes took control of the objectives and held the line for the length of battle. Seras baited the opposing demon host into an ambush - taking the pressure from the firing line and leading to the complete annihilation of Death Guard reinforcements.

With this victory in hand, the Eclipse Marines press further into the Veiled Region to bring the light of the Imperium to all mankind. For the Emperor!

No, no, no! This is a batrep and after action review thread. No modelling, painting, etc! Honestly, there is enough of that in other threads. Let's keep this about tabletop action!

I blame @Race. Bad @Race. That's a very bad mod. I am hiding your drumsticks in the Reclusiam.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, had 2 games at an out of town gaming club yesterday.

Both 2k, 1 against Orks, the other against my regular opponent.

Orks, was a ROFLSTOMP to the Orks player. Though, man of the match f9r me was Shrine, who, not only survived a game, but took out a Mob of bikers and his warlord which was a Big Mek.

I nuked a Gorkanaught on the first turn, but didn't manage to explode it, almost destroyed a Mob of 30 boyz, but, in the end, I couldn't kill stuff fast enough.

Against my regular opponent, Well, it was interesting.

He got turn 1 due to fewer drops than me, and I faced the flying bullgryns :cuss again, which tied up my Sucarian and destroyed my devastators...

However, in reply, I capped his warlord with my overcharged Vindicator laser destroyer, butchered a squad of it runs with strike and vanguard, and started carving leman russes up with tartaris terminators.

Highlight of the game? Capping a hellhound with the Vindicator, charging the vanguard in to a valkyre and killing it, and strike causing enough wounds to kill 2.5 bullgryns.

Though I would have lost based on model count, I won 7-2 on VPs due to playing maelstrom.

Edited by Damo1701

Played a 2v1 game over the weekend, 50PL of Raven Guard and 50PL of Craftworlds versus 100PL of World Eaters. Fairly epic game.

Turn 1, we blow up a predator and kill a few infantry. Not spectacular, but definitely hurt. The World Eaters got closer. Turn 2, we killed a lot more infantry and popped the Maulerfiend - we felt we were doing really well.

... And then they got there.

In a single round, the entire force of Eldar and Raven Guard had been reduced to 8 models. Two Dreadnoughts, a Captain, a Farseer, a Warlock, a Vyper, and a wounded squad of Windriders. We were still staring down Khârn, a Daemon Prince, and a host of Raptors with Berserker backup. Things looked quite dire.

Turn 3 opened with the volleys of Dreadnoughts attempting to clear the front line chargers, holding the line for the cowardly Xenos to fall back. And then the Raven Guard proved their mettle to their Aeldari onlookers by doing the one thing they could not: We charged. Combat was glorious, but still the Heretics held, and charged in turn. One dreadnought fell. Captain mortally wounded, but still fighting. The fourth turn held only melee, seeing the Eldar joining the fray - The Captain slayed Khârn with a blow from his Thunderhammer but was immediately dispatched by the remaining berserkers. Dreadnought Interred Brother Daomun Hedo, in the MVP play of the game, tanked the full might of the Daemon Prince for two full turns before tearing the wings from the beast and ending its reign of terror.

Chaos Marines player conceded at the death of his two leaders, claiming not enough remaining forces to overtake the coalition remnants.

It was the sort of battle you write fluff about.

A Thawk in an 1850 tournament?

That's just mean. I mean, I'm anticipating looks of consternation on bringing its baby brother to a 2000 point tournament.

You might win by virtue of everyone trying and failing to bring it down.