What have your Raven Guard done lately?

mertbl

Nothing absolutely nothing. I was busy with Phx Comic Con Wednesday to yesterday and spent all day today recovering. Did see a pretty cool space wolf cosplay (head was small tho (turned out it was a female inside) and a sister of battle (I had issues with some of her kit)

So tournament report. Out of 80 I got 45th, with three matches all hanging down to the wire. First match was against a Dreadmob army and a damn Stompa warlord with 3 Objectives. If I took out the last to dreadnoughts on the final turn, well that would be game to me, although we got a turn 6 and it was a failed gambit. Game two was... terrible XD one shot a wraithknight turn one, but then lost everything almost on the board to a Skyhammer with grav. Game 3, against Word Bearers which looked AMAZING. Came down to a single armour save on one objective, which unfortunately the guy passed. Game four... I almost tabled someone by turn 3, he had a single storm trooper with a melta left and took out Issadon with a well placed shot! Game 5, against Raven Guard Talon force, had a wonderful fight, against came down to the final turn, and was exceptional fun. Ah well XD My friend with Ynnari eldar won the whole GT, and now the trophy sits in our local games shop proudly. Hopefully we can win more for the store.

Also had a lovely fun game yesterday 5 way as a nice way to settle down on top of a Volcano XD

Double Khorne arena for our campaign kickoff. My Raptors' glorious leader, Captain Morgan, fought spear to spear with one of nurgle's chaos lords. With upgrades, it was an eternal mirror-match, until a necron destroyer lord killed both while regenerating. Won the arena by just regenerating/reanimating all the time.

Most random event of the game were the first two shooting attacks: Eldar named ranged got an Instant Death wound on a techpriest dominus. Rolled a one for armour, dead. Other dominus shot his eradication beam at the eldar. Rolled a one for cover, dead. :biggrin.:

Second match, I kept my guy back. Having a jump pack and the RG relic bolter, I was content with stacking wounds from a safe distance. In the end, only he and a Black Templar were left. He couldn't reach me, I could hardly damage him, so we called it there. Both astartes nodded to each other after all xenos and heretics were slain, and went their separate ways. What a bromance...:wub:

Hey folks! Mine are sitting in a box right now under my bed waiting to get painted. I brought a squad and a couple others to Afghanistan to paint, but I haven't had time. On top of that, my internet doesn't get B&C. Luckily I'm stuck in Kuwait for a couple days right now.

Traded in some Skitarii rangers I won for another box of Vanguard Vets today. :)

Will wait to see how to build them given the big shake up were having.

Edited by duz_

My Raven Guard just took delivery of two Land Speeder Tempests.

They have been assembled and received their initial blessings and anointings.

Now they just await the holy paint that will proclaim them as belonging amongst the 3rd Company.

In other words, I put them together today.

Considering requisition for a Terminus Ultra ...

UltraSmurfs only :censored:

Well some of my raptors received paint last night :thumbsup:  

Edited by war009

I think you can as far as I can tell.

Edit: It does have Ultramarines as a keyword so I guess you wouldn't be able to benefit from any Raven Guard abilities/tactics assuming they release some. 

Edited by Mr. Poe

The 4th Company had their first run out in 8th last night as a doubles force with Imperial Guard, facing down an unholy alliance of Thousand Sons and Dark Eldar.

A fairly brutal affair the Imperium where victorious 6vps to 3vps.

Man of the match goes to my Contemptor, who shrugged off heavy weapons fire and slaughtered multiple units with heavy bolter and chain fist. 

Though the look on my mate, playing Thousand Sons, face when a Culexsus Assassin popped up in his back field and started messing with the sorcerers was priceless......

Rematch against the Thousand Sons scheduled for Saturday.

Victorus aut Mortis

Had a 65PL practice game of "Only War" last night against some t-shirt wearing Catachans.

It turned out to be the "relic" mission after random roll. 

It was a lot of fun, my friend took a lot of armour and I only had 1 lascannon and missile launcher in my list.

That made things difficult!

I had one squad of ASM's drop in and harass a Basilisk 4/5 turns which was hilarious as for 2 turns it was just 1 single marine charging after him across the board. 

Shrike, some VV's and a Chaplain dropped in T2 to take out his WL and a 10 man squad. After 6 rolls (3 units with re-rolls) I failed to get a single unit into combat! Which had disastrous results for my VV's the next turn. 

The Chaplain slowly ground away a 10man squad of Scions before bugging out to try and rescue the relic. Shrike was 1 shotted by a Demolisher in overwatch :(

My Vindicare assassin was twiddling his thumbs after the only 2 characters on the board were taken out. 

Scounts with camo cloaks in cover though are tough nuts to crack! It took 5 turns for a 5 man squad to be removed. :)

One lesson I learnt is if you don't have the fire power to take out tanks just keep assaulting them! They have to fall back and can't shoot :)

I'm really enjoying 8th! Although they really made the cover rules even more complicated this edition...