HH to remain using 7th ed rules

Well by them updating through changing aesthetics, that is exactly what you are saying. You are saying you and your friends can't add new models because they look different to the ones you have had for the last 15 years so your done with the hobby (amongst other things)

You haven't even seen new models or full rules, yet you are already set on leaving so good luck to you and your pals

I know there's a lot of doom and gloom from people, and I understand their frustration, but honestly I'm pretty hyped. What I've observed at my FLGS is that one of the major reasons people are put off playing 40k (apart from the price lol) is the rulebook - I mean, seriously?! It's hundreds of pages long! People just want to be able to pick up a game and mess around, not to make 50+ dice rolls and make loads of complicated calculations... just to see if Timmy the Space Marine™ and his pals beat the :cuss out of a squad of Orks. Seriously. GW would, from what I've observed, get WAYYYYY more customers if it was easier to get into (eg. not spending a few months memorising hundreds thousands of rules).

And, I know, "the more complicated game suits tournament players more", but from what I've heard AoS (and likely the coming edition of 40k) is has a lot of depth for a 4-page rulebook (4 :cussing pages!!), and is "Easy To Learn, Hard To Master™." 

Chess is "easy to learn, hard to master".

Age of Sigmar is more or less "easy to learn, nothing to master" ;)

But I am the wrong audience anyway.

Startet playing Rolemaster by the age of 15, so no, 40k is not complicated. It is easy.

Very easy.

That said I'm still excited. The new edition sounds good to me and after all I'll keep playing 7th anyway.

Age of Sigmar is more or less "easy to learn, nothing to master" msn-wink.gif

Startet playing Rolemaster by the age of 15, so no, 40k is not complicated. It is easy.

Very easy.

That said I'm still excited. The new edition sounds good to me and after all I'll keep playing 7th anyway.

giphy.gif#10-grid1

Yeah, we get it. You're a very smart boy, teehee.gif but.....

Fair enough; people can do whatever they like. It's up to them, but at least the new edition promises new models and factions, and a good serving of fluff on the side?

It's getting a little heated in here, so let's all take a minute to consider before hitting that Post button. This is the normal cycle of the New 40k Edition syndrome complete with sky falling, armies believed to be obsolete being burnt in effigy, and resolutions to never give GW another cent for destroying everything you hold dear. It happens every time, all over the boards.

Let's at least wait until we know for sure what might be rendered "useless" before getting out the lighter fluid or listing armies older than some board members on eBay, shall we?

I'm just concerned about the cost of the new rules.

Like they said: they are free.

And since we all play 30k where 10 dudes with Jump Packs cost 100£ without any bitz I don't give a flying :cuss about a 40€ armybook of sorts.

PS: How do I make a smile with shades? ;)

I'm just concerned about the cost of the new rules.

Like they said: they are free.

And since we all play 30k where 10 dudes with Jump Packs cost 100£ without any bitz I don't give a flying :cuss about a 40€ armybook of sorts.

Yep. If the new rulebook is like the AoS rulebook, you won't be buying a rulebook. You'll be buying a "state of the universe" address.

And since 40K has a lot more meat to it, it should mean that it's better than the AoS book which was surprisingly vague while still managing to create a picture of everything that was going on.

Edit: Smile with shades is B.) but without the period. B)

Hell a Leviathan getting woulds and Toughness rating would be pretty crazy imagine how more brutal it would be. Best thing is if FW updates their 40k stuff first it will be very good to see how the Heresy vehicles which also have 40k rules (basically everything now) go in the new edition as an idea of how 30k can change (especially since my 40k army is basically all FW stuff ) as I'm going to love fielding Contemptors in my 40k deathguard army.

This makes me wonder though, will Primarchs get a degrading table? I hope not, but I guess we'll know when we see 40k Guilliman's rules.

It'll be crazy when it drops, but seeing a total upside down shift in the 30k meta from this will be cool and interesting.

For one, Primarchs will get a load more wounds biggrin.png

I'm looking forward to that! Plus they'll run faster.

This makes me wonder though, will Primarchs get a degrading table? I hope not, but I guess we'll know when we see 40k Guilliman's rules.

It'll be crazy when it drops, but seeing a total upside down shift in the 30k meta from this will be cool and interesting.

They may well get a table. I bet some *cough* Angron *cough* will become VERY dangerous at lower wounds.

OH LAWD SANGUINIUS. HE'S GOING TO BE INSANE ON LOW WOUNDS.

Age of Sigmar is more or less "easy to learn, nothing to master" msn-wink.gif

Very easy.

giphy.gif#10-grid1

Yeah, we get it. You're a very smart boy, teehee.gif but.....

Fair enough; people can do whatever they like. It's up to them, but at least the new edition promises new models and factions, and a good serving of fluff on the side?

When you say good, do you mean like, "in bulk", or "good". Because it's one of those, and not the answer you want it to be.

They may well get a table. I bet some *cough* Angron *cough* will become VERY dangerous at lower wounds.

OH LAWD SANGUINIUS. HE'S GOING TO BE INSANE ON LOW WOUNDS.

I could see doing some cool conversions of "full wounds" Sanguinius and "enraged" Sanguinius. That'd be pretty boss.

Assuming now that Horus Heresy adopts 8th edition, and I don't really see why it wouldn't, so let's talk about the new weapon rules:

Tactical Support Squads with Flamers and Heavy Support Squads with Heavy Flamers, will these be the hottest censored.gif on tables in near future?

Especially if Heavy Flamers would be automatic D6 hits with Strength 5 and AP -1. This would be awesome! And also good reason to use flamers, I don't see any point currently for flamer squads when playing against power armours.

Assuming now that Horus Heresy adopts 8th edition, and I don't really see why it wouldn't, so let's talk about the new weapon rules:

Tactical Support Squads with Flamers and Heavy Support Squads with Heavy Flamers, will these be the hottest censored.gif on tables in near future?

Especially if Heavy Flamers would be automatic D6 hits with Strength 5 and AP -1. This would be awesome! And also good reason to use flamers, I don't see any point currently for flamer squads when playing against power armours.

Flamers no longer have 'ignores cover' so not as hot as you think

Flamers no longer have 'ignores cover' so not as hot as you think

Unless cover is -X to hit, as the rumour have been. Then Flamers would in effect still be ignores cover, as they make automatic hits.

I'm pretty sure somewhere it was confirmed that cover in 8th will just add one to your armour save like AoS.

If that's true then Ignores cover becomes less important so long as a saving throw of 1 always fails and re-rolls saves is reduced or outlawed altogether.

I don't see any point currently for flamer squads when playing against power armours.

Then you have never played Zone Mortalis, or against Death Gurd or Salamanders or Black Shields etc good sir. Flamers are really good, if ya know how to use them.

A Praevian with Castellax, a Boarding Shield, Combiflamer and a flamer on each robot is good to.

I kind of hope they put the conversion off for a good bit, and still release Angelus this year. I would like to have a complete ruleset for 7th edition with all the Primarchs, Legions, Dark Mechanicum and Daemons, and then they can take their sweet time converting everything over to 8th edition.

Archived