HH to remain using 7th ed rules

Tbh I'm quietly optimistic about 8th so but it all depends on what it plays like I'm fine with hh staying with 7th until say a year after 8th so they've seen IRL large group play testing of the 8th rules for their 40k units so they can get the HH 8th update spot on.

Really cool stuff so far.

I expect World Eaters will not be able to make those fall-back moves at all, or at least mid/late-Heresy World Eaters won't. I could see Night Lords getting a bonus related to it.

Sons of Horus might be able to fire normal weapons within 1" or something, in line with Death Dealer.

Yeah! This is shaping up pretty nicely. I'm stoked.

Really cool stuff so far.

I expect World Eaters will not be able to make those fall-back moves at all, or at least mid/late-Heresy World Eaters won't. I could see Night Lords getting a bonus related to it.

Sons of Horus might be able to fire normal weapons within 1" or something, in line with Death Dealer.

Yeah! This is shaping up pretty nicely. I'm stoked.

Funny.

I read the NLs get a bonus to fall back in my head as a Talos/ADB voice :P

"Fall back. No. Farther back you fools."

I'm liking a lot of the proposed changes, but I really have no idea how FW is going to transition what we have now into the new system. 8th edition 30k is going to be a completely different game. This could certainly be a good thing, but things were pretty good already, and people will get upset as certain builds will likely go away.

I'm liking a lot of the proposed changes, but I really have no idea how FW is going to transition what we have now into the new system. 8th edition 30k is going to be a completely different game. This could certainly be a good thing, but things were pretty good already, and people will get upset as certain builds will likely go away.

I never understood the desire to play the same builds and match ups forever.

I agree - it will totally switch the balance of things round its head. I'm glad dreadnoughts get a new lease on life but things like psykers will become more present to deal with them as smite can hurt dreads now, and they won't get any save against it.

The whole weapon skill and initiative thing will have to be rejiggered since many of the unique traits and bonuses that make and break Legions is their ability to swing faster and/or better.

Terminators get extra life, which is a plus, and pistols will become prevalent since you can fire them while in combat too.

Note that you'll only be able to fire pistols in combat at the closest unit AKA the peeps your punching.

I don't want to sound conceited when I say this but duh :P

Plasma and infernus pistols will show up with regularity I think but it will hurt the AA sgt metagame lol

I never understood the desire to play the same builds and match ups forever.

More options isn't a bad thing, but it's a hobby where folks spend 100s of hours working on their little mans. Invalidating people's invested time and money creates jaded players. With the massive scale of the re-write I haven't a clue how FW will avoid it

Note that you'll only be able to fire pistols in combat at the closest unit AKA the peeps your punching.

I don't want to sound conceited when I say this but duh :P

Plasma and infernus pistols will show up with regularity I think but it will hurt the AA sgt metagame lol

IF you still got options on what to buy and IF the way of applying damage to units stay the same. In the past we had stuff like "Got three wounds? Just take away any three models."

Like GW stated over and over in the last video you still can play any model you have, Bulbafist. So no unit will be useless.

Maybe your army list may change, but who makes one list and play it in every game anyway?

There are over 60 units without the Legions special troops. Would be pretty boring to play just four or five of them all the time.

I make a new army list for every game I play for instance. ;)

Im not too fussed the black shield army I am trying to build is mostly infantry supported by lots of dreads seems this new edition will benefit them quite nicely

I'm thing that sounds awesome will be Double pistol mauraders for the win :D

People may have missed it scrolling to the model pictures but today's WHC says:

"Since the new edition of Warhammer 40,000 was announced, we’ve had questions about the future of the Horus Heresy game. Warhammer 40,000 models from Forge World, as we already know, will get full rules for the new edition, but what about those games set in the bloody time of the Age of Darkness?

Well, we can let you all know today, Forge World will be talking about the future of Horus Heresy games at Warhammer Fest this year."

Thanks for that Zeratil, in my rabid enthusiasm I must have missed that line. I think we expected this anyway, but it's nice to hear it confirmed. Hopefully this is a comprehensive seminar and not a 'we've begun thinking about it' sort of thing. I believe in those beautiful resin producing magicians though so hoping for the best

"Since the new edition of Warhammer 40,000 was announced, we’ve had questions about the future of the Horus Heresy game. Warhammer 40,000 models from Forge World, as we already know, will get full rules for the new edition, but what about those games set in the bloody time of the Age of Darkness?

Well, we can let you all know today, Forge World will be talking about the future of Horus Heresy games at Warhammer Fest this year."

Wait, what?

I thought they get 8th rules and that's about it. In a perfect world they'd get full 7th rules for ALL Legions with all units +THE EMPERAAA and THEN they'll get converted rules.

"Since the new edition of Warhammer 40,000 was announced, we’ve had questions about the future of the Horus Heresy game. Warhammer 40,000 models from Forge World, as we already know, will get full rules for the new edition, but what about those games set in the bloody time of the Age of Darkness?

Well, we can let you all know today, Forge World will be talking about the future of Horus Heresy games at Warhammer Fest this year."

Wait, what?

I thought they get 8th rules and that's about it. In a perfect world they'd get full 7th rules for ALL Legions with all units +THE EMPERAAA and THEN they'll get converted rules.

I'm reasonably sure the rules in Inferno are an 8th edition rules set ported into 7th. Other wise the frequent +1, and -1's don't make much sense. They are also strangely specific about detachments, and LA:X rules as well. I had at first thought it was 1 step forward 2 steps back. But, post launch and leaks a lot of it makes much more sense. Varangyr also make much sense as well if you change the context and make it more reflective of 8th edition.

Archived