+++ Hidden Hands of the Emperor +++

Valaas

In the spirit of sneak peaks, my planned Race Bannon: Veteran Sergeant, Sternguard Vet Squad.

99550101476 RavenGuardMorDeythanStrikeSquad04

Might be a slightly different weapon and a more modern power pack.

As a co-organizer of the event, I feel obligated to go for the complete set, so on the building desk in prep at the moment are:

• 5-man Assault Squad (Fast Attack)
  • 5-man Devastator Squad (Heavy Support)
  • 5-man Tactical Squad (Troops)
  • Captain and Command Squad (HQ)
  • Obsidian Knight (Imperial Knight - Lord of War)
  • Storm Talon (Flyer (could be replaced with a Stormeagle, if the build goes well and it looks like I will have time)

Going to get them all built and primed ready to go for the 15th of June.

Edited by Valaas

As a co-organizer of the event, I feel obligated to go for the complete set, so on the building desk in prep at the moment are:

• 5-man Assault Squad (Fast Attack)
  • 5-man Devastator Squad (Heavy Support)
  • 5-man Tactical Squad (Troops)
  • Captain and Command Squad (HQ)
  • Obsidian Knight (Imperial Knight - Lord of War)
  • Storm Talon (Flyer (could be replaced with a Stormeagle, if the build goes well and it looks like I will have time)

Going to get them all built and primed ready to go for the 15th of June.

Challenge accepted. I'll try to do the same, though not sure which units I'll do exactly. Fact is, I'll buy a Dark Imperium box, that gives quite a bit of choices. Let's see...

• HQ - Primaris Ancient would be nice, not sure if it's an HQ though
  • Troops - sniper scouts (basecoated), maybe more primaris
  • Elite - tba (primaris? sternguard?)
  • Fast Attack - Primaris Inceptor, scout bikers or assault squad
  • Heavy Support - Centurion devastators (one partially converted)
  • Flyer/LoW - if time and funds permit, stormbird or thunderhawk. Need a release date on the new version of the latter, but it would be fluffier for Raptors (considering their lack of relic wargear).

• Heavy Support - Centurion devastators (one partially converted)
  • Flyer/LoW - if time and funds permit, stormbird or thunderhawk. Need a release date on the new version of the latter, but it would be fluffier for Raptors (considering their lack of relic wargear).

Loving the combined LoW and Flyer efficiency!

Along with Valaas, i too feel obligated to fill for a complete set. I doubt i'll get the LoW pip, but 3 months is a good time and you never know. As for the rest, here's my planned future vows.

HQ - 1 of the Masters, probably the Master of the Relics Master of the Rites. Maybe a Chaplain as well.

Troops - 5-10 Scouts/Snipers, 5-10 Tacticals

Elites - 5 Tartaros Terminators

Fast Attack - Land Speeder/Storm (haven't decided which yet) Land Speeder Typhoon

Heavy Support - 5 Devastators

Flyer - This one I want to be special and make it my first FW purchase. Either a Xiphon or a Caestus Assault Ram. I'm not 100% i'll get around to it but will try my damnest.

I plan on getting the 8th box set... so some of those might get replaced with Primaris Marines.... or added to it. I never know lol

Edited by Bedouin2

We will use the the vows once the event starts..one vow at a time. This is just future planning.

Come the 15th people can start on their vows

Edited by Valaas

Rules? Raptors pride themselves on breaking them! But (and its a monumental but) yes. I'll definitely make a propper vow nearer the time. So far I've got my Chaplain half built, a dreadnought on the desk and some assault terminators floating around in the stratosphere

Yea me and Valaas are just giving previews Race... and maybe trying to inspire the others who plan to participate to attempt to complete the whole banner as well :wink:

When the go day hits, then I'll start recording everything.

Ooooh ... well in that case, when in Kiavahr ...

HQ - a Dude - likely the 2005 Games Day fig and will be my ... self?

Elite - 5 Tartaros dudes with Lightning Claws

Troop - 5 Tactical Marines

Fast Attack - Tempest Land Speeder*

Heavy Support - Land Raider (OOOHH YEAH BOYEE!)

I might Might MIGHT go for the Flyer pip with a counts-as Stormraven.  There were some stellar Blackstar conversions during Talon's Reach that convinced me to go for my own.

* Although I intend to use the Tempest model as a counts-as Storm Talon, it will also serve as a Tempest as needed.  It would seem disingenuous to classify the Tempest as a "Flyer".

LoW is right out for me.  I just can't.

Edited by Race Bannon
Words removed because I type too much.

Let's see... what do I have on my tray?

HQ - Cataphractii Captain and foot Chaplain.

Elites: Tartaros Terminator Squad.

Troops: tactical Squad.

Fast Attack: bike squad.

Heavy Support/Flyer: fire raptor.

Not saying I CAN vow all of that, but it's what I have waiting to be painted.

Ok fine....

Hq- Captain Voss maybe Epistolary Borak

Elites- Sternguard

Troops- 5 Scout squads 1-2 Land speeder storms

Fast- 3 Tempests

Heavy Support- Predator

Flyer- Stormhawk

And Race will be somewhere in there too...but it's a surprise

No LoW in my collection :(

Edited by war009

I'm going for:

HQ: chapter master Race Bannon, chaplain

Elites: five terminators and five honour guard

Troops: two five man scout squads

Heavy support: 19 devastators (I've started the 20th so he won't count)

Fast Attack: not sure yet, maybe a land speeder

Not sure I'll be able to stretch to a flyer or LOW. Part of me is still holding out for a surprise plastic thunderhawk......

Hmm, let's see:

HQ: Captain (Kitbash of Korvydae and some Dark Fury bits)

Elite: Vindicare Assassin (Kitbash of some Mor Deythan and misc. bits)

Troops: Scout Squad (FW Legion Recon Squad)

I'll try to fit in the missing slots somehow. I've wanted to do some of the FW Tarantula Sentry models for a while and this could be a good excuse.  

I should see what black plastic I have lying around.

I might be able to pump out a squad or two and maybe a character.

Can I include my Baneblade in this?

Hey Duz,

Yes your Baneblade is valid as we are including allies in this event.

Hail fellow Stealthchilds. Got some more stuff built for the event.

First off, Venerable Brother Tiatos.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/WP_20170602_16_37_31_Pro_zps8tfwtvzi.jpg

Just an iron clad but always thought the arms looked too bulky to actually move. So using the smexy siege drill from forge world as my Seismic hammer. Other arm will have a similar heavy flamer mounted in wrist, again to make arms look more weildly. Also gave it small talons because, well even half dead Raptors need their talons!!

Veteran Sergeant Aziro Corvaemon and the Black Talons. (sounds like a 40k band!)

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/WP_20170602_16_39_07_Pro_zpseo0keueu.jpg

Now Aziro has more bling than you would usually associate with a Raptor but the reason is he is an example of the Raptors gene seed gone to extreme levels of the maverick. This guy is renowned for riding roughshod over command structures whenever attached to a battle company. Choosing only missions he believes are dangerous enough for him and his squad and often doing his own thing without notifying the captain in charge. The daggers on his belt are tokens of each enemy warlord he has personally slain. He forges them himself the little show off. Still an all round bad piece of work that you would be glad to have on your side.

However this is the first time he has served with Captain Chrysaetos and 5th Company. Furthermore I'm now basing my company as cut off on the other side of this great rift so it should be fun seeing how their relationship develops.

Roll on the 15th so we can get vowing Brethren

Edited by The Yak