+++ Hidden Hands of the Emperor +++

Valaas

So I got one of the Master of the Rites model, and in preparation for the beginning of the event, I started thinking maybe I should modify the model. Now I'm kinda torn right now because for one it's a OOP model (to the US anyways) so I'd like to keep it original. But then again... it's not very Raven Guardy, with the loud speaker attached to the power pack and the pommel/wand thingy. I'm already using a different head (trying to avoid doing skin), and I'm using the speaker box thing but going to put it on a different, smaller base. Now I'm thinking, should I replace the pommel/wand thing with a sword, and perhaps cover up the speaker with some icon, or keep it original (excluding the head)?

What do you all think?

I, NattyMac, for the Raven Guard Chapter, vow to complete a tactical squad, Shadow Captain Solaq, and Murderwings by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017 in Afghanistan.

Yes, I'm posting before the 15th, but I'm headed back into Afghanistan tomorrow and I can't access B&C on our internet. I won't start working on them until around 1 July, though.

gallery_96937_12961_603107.jpg

Partially assembled tactical squad getting ready to deploy.

gallery_96937_12961_636583.jpg

Murderwings kitbash - with some Forgeworld bitz.

gallery_96937_12961_114813.jpg

Partially assembled and primed tactical squad and Shadow Captain Solaq.

gallery_96937_12961_1597273.jpg

Partially assembled and primed tactical squad troops - with Pop Goes the Monkey! shoulder pads.

I clearly have not figured out how to post pictures correctly. I'm working on it though.

Edited by NattyMac

Okay, so far I'm looking at doing:

- Assault Squad

- 2 Land Speeder Tempest

- Razorback

- Kitbashed Librarian

- Kitbashed Shrike

- Scout Squad

- Lascannon Dev squad

I'm waiting for payday so I can start acquiring the pieces I need.

Oh.

And my Fire Raptor if I get it assembled with enough time.

I, NattyMac, for the Raven Guard Chapter, vow to complete a tactical squad, Shadow Captain Solaq, and Murderwings by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017 in Afghanistan.

Yes, I'm posting before the 15th, but I'm headed back into Afghanistan tomorrow and I can't access B&C on our internet. I won't start working on them until around 1 July, though.

We've got one early vow from NattyMac before he shipped out, stay safe and we'll see you and your RG when you get back

For everyone else the wait is nearly over......get those sprues and glues flying to be ready for the Indomitus Crusade draft.....

Can't wait !

Edited by Valaas

With the event about to start, I'd propose the following (on a voluntary basis of course):

With the current awards system, it is encouraged to do more different units. It would save quite some effort for the orga if the participants keep track of their vows with an overview post at the beginning of the thread. Just a list of vowed units, status and maybe link to the completed models, to be edited along the way. Upside, it looks nicer to accumulate completed vows, and is easier to access for inspiration than going through the entire thread, as each participant has a different painting/modeling style but finishes models over several months.

On the second post of the thread is where all that will be MajorNese. At first I was just going to use the icons to let people know what they have completed, but I'll include links to their finished models as well for everyone. To keep it from getting cluttered though I'm still going to keep track of each vow in detail externally from the thread and only posting the completed ones. It is looking like this event is going to have a good amount of members participating so that's why the reason for not posting the details and what not. Glad you recommended that though, forgot about including links to the finished vows. :thumbsup:

Heho Ravens,

I'm not quite sure if I undertood everything correctly, so I'll just ask.

* Tomorrow this things starts, but can I also vow later on?

* And when do "need" Photos of the assembled, but not painted Minis? Tomorrow? Or on the day I vow?

* I can/shall vow, all Minis in one vow or separate them in several vows?

* It like "recommended" to vow one Unit of each troop type, right? But it's not necessary, right?

Sorry for the noob fledgling questions! I haven't participated in such an event yet … thanks for help in advance!

Heho Ravens,

I'm not quite sure if I undertood everything correctly, so I'll just ask.

* Tomorrow this things starts, but can I also vow later on?

* And when do "need" Photos of the assembled, but not painted Minis? Tomorrow? Or on the day I vow?

* I can/shall vow, all Minis in one vow or separate them in several vows?

* It like "recommended" to vow one Unit of each troop type, right? But it's not necessary, right?

Sorry for the noob fledgling questions! I haven't participated in such an event yet … thanks for help in advance!

The events starts tomorrow....(sooner in Oz), and you can vow throughout the event, though must finish one vow before commencing another.

You include the pre-painted minis (they can be assembled and undercoated) with your vow, so if you vow a tactical squad you include the before picture then.

You could do one vow.....but if you fail it you wouldn't get credit for individual components. I will be tacking individual vows based on the categories, e.g. Vow a flyer, once completed take a new vow for and elites choice etc...

You can vow as you like and they may include imperial allies.

Cheers,

Valaas

Thank you so much! It's much clearer now. And people start vowing from tomorrow on. The things the others have discussed or posted in this Thread until now are just a kind of warming up, right?

I know right....I plan on getting some pics tonight so i can be ready in the morning

As our Battle Brothers located in the Australia and New Zealand war-zones are now well into the 15th of June, I now declare that the 'Hidden Hands of the Emperor' event has now begun!!! :woot:

All those who take part can use the Oath Sworn badge below in their signatures to let everyone know they are taking part:

LJcJiF.jpg

Progress will be tracked throughout within the 2nd post on this thread and take a look at the first post to refresh your memories on the Rules and the awards.

Any questions, just give me a shout on here or by PM.

Happy painting,

Valaas

Edited by Valaas

I , War009, for the glory of the Raptors Chapter and 10th Company vow to complete 4 Scout Squads (total of 20 possibly 25 scouts) by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

Edited- pics added

Edited by war009

I , Bedouin2, for the Raven Guard vow to complete Master of the Rites Captain, 1 Land Speeder Typhoon and a Scout Squad w/ Sniper Rifles by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5/Bedouin1991/Mobile%20Uploads/700d563f-8aea-442c-a322-0ddeb4c64b9f_zpsxjly6v3v.jpg