The Primaris Space Marines and the Space Wolves

Filius

I wouldn't say that the Captain is in TDA. He just got a bigger … ähm … thing … around his helmet. Look at the Backpack. That's still a Power Armour Backpack.

Anyways … seeing the new Assault Marines and the Hellblaster Squad really really really raises the question in me, wether we will ever see new Minis in the old Space Marine Scale ever again. Which in turn raises the Question what to do with the 100 unbuild Space Wolves in my Box-Pile-of-Shame. Which in turn raises the Question wether it wouldn't be more clever to look for a Faction, that is less likely to got through such an … Endtime … *sigh*

I wouldn't say that the Captain is in TDA. He just got a bigger … ähm … thing … around his helmet. Look at the Backpack. That's still a Power Armour Backpack.

Anyways … seeing the new Assault Marines and the Hellblaster Squad really really really raises the question in me, wether we will ever see new Minis in the old Space Marine Scale ever again. Which in turn raises the Question what to do with the 100 unbuild Space Wolves in my Box-Pile-of-Shame. Which in turn raises the Question wether it wouldn't be more clever to look for a Faction, that is less likely to got through such an … Endtime … *sigh*

Yep, it is not TDA... my fault...

We will see... I still believe that would be possible to use both marines (not only because it is written in Q/A). But we will see.

Yep, it is not TDA... my fault...

We will see... I still believe that would be possible to use both marines (not only because it is written in Q/A). But we will see.

Yes, we will see. But the Question is: What to do in the meantime? By the new Marines as asap as possible an put them in your army? Wait a few months to see, how the Space Marines Range is evolving and what Games Workshops says about the Future of the oldscale Minis? Or switch to a new, non-power-armour Faction now and use the Reboot of the rules to get into the new Army now, when everybody else does so also … ?  Difficult …

P.S.: … woops, I forgot that I am in the Aett here … these kind of questions are not spoken of here. Mea Culpa … äh … Undskyld!

Edited by Filius

Ah … and … to come back to more practical Problem … those new Mark X Armour looks like it will be hard to get the Heads with the big beards in them.

Aaand by the way: Ultramarines! I wonder where in the Codex Astartes is written "Thou shalst carry someone elses bones between thy legs!" …

http://dark-and.grim.rocks/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/05/Captain1.jpg

P.S.: But … the more I look at this guy, the more I can image him as a Space Wolf, given some Conversion, of course. The Plate on his belly look a bit like a Dad Bod, which fits preeeetty well with my Idea of the Space Wolves – always drinking and eating a bit too much, even for a genetically manufactured Überbody … :biggrin.::happy.:

Edited by Filius

Honestly, I'm not feeling the Primaris marines in regard to matching the aesthetic I associate with the Wolves. I'm very big on the Viking iconography and models like the Interceptor just don't do it for me. I'm starting to think perhaps I should keep my Wolves in 30k where they can be the true badasses they deserve to be and perhaps do a less....serious/heavily themed chapter for the Primaris range. What are other peoples thoughts? Can you see your companies adopting units that look like the Interceptor?

Gravis dude getting some hate in the 8th edition subforum...I don't get it, I think he looks great. I like the assault guys too, though honestly could do without gun-shields.

Still on course to be a full and independent line-up. Quite sure they will fill in the line just like they did with the Stormcast.

I'm not liking any of the primas marine kits at all- the death guard are fantastic, however it makes things real cheap for me, keep all my existing marines and just play as primas if I want them and I have no desire to start a new army as I just started 1K Sons so all I need are the rules.

Yes, we will see. But the Question is: What to do in the meantime? By the new Marines as asap as possible an put them in your army? Wait a few months to see, how the Space Marines Range is evolving and what Games Workshops says about the Future of the oldscale Minis? Or switch to a new, non-power-armour Faction now and use the Reboot of the rules to get into the new Army now, when everybody else does so also … ?  Difficult …

P.S.: … woops, I forgot that I am in the Aett here … these kind of questions are not spoken of here. Mea Culpa … äh … Undskyld!

I say wolves pass on the starter box, unless you want to collect a new marine force or the nurgle marines. 

why?

These are all "snapfit" style models, only a couple of parts, in order to do customization work it will take lots of converting and cutting work.

as to not fitting the Viking Wolf aesthetics, they will. Shave off the imperial eagles, Put either Runes or a Wolf skull on. and a wolf tail and they fit in.  

The Gravis armor does look like the replacement for TDA if you ask me. But it is just speculation at this point so I could be mistaken. Let's just all make the vow that if we use this Gravis guy that we remove the bone ornament. Too many "space puppy" jokes will be made. Even for a non-SW it is an odd place to put a bone...

I really don't like the Inceptor squads or the Gravis guy. They look like centurions to me. I like or am impartial to everything else though.

I am curious about the Primaris Ancient. Must be a marine that underwent the primaris procedure.

Yea ancient was an odd choice for new dudes. But raised regular marines seems like a good guess.

I too am in the camp of all good except the odd looking interceptors.

If the fluff permits it looks like my wolves will get a squad or 2 of intercessors and one of the plasma guys and one of the lieutenants. But I will wait for the non monopod kits likely. If the fluff doesn't permit I might make a small 1k force with new colors just to have something different to paint.

If gravis are the new terminators I think i might die a little inside. I refuse to believe that

It's probably more like Articifer Armor than Terminator.  Still would give the 2+ Save, but otherwise we'll see.  They may just get units in Gravis instead of TDA, but who knows.

I love the new jump pack troops!

I've been told they're more like Flyers than Jump Infantry.  They can, after all, drop in from Orbit, which you definitely wouldn't do with Jump Packs (who'd drop in from low-flying aircraft, like Thunderhawks, instead).

V

If gravis are the new terminators I think i might die a little inside. I refuse to believe that

It's probably more like Articifer Armor than Terminator.  Still would give the 2+ Save, but otherwise we'll see.  They may just get units in Gravis instead of TDA, but who knows.

I love the new jump pack troops!

I've been told they're more like Flyers than Jump Infantry.  They can, after all, drop in from Orbit, which you definitely wouldn't do with Jump Packs (who'd drop in from low-flying aircraft, like Thunderhawks, instead).

V

Ah. That explains the Shields on the Bolters! They are actually Heat Shields for the Entry in the Atmosphere … :wink::biggrin.:

It may be their TDA alternative because to primarisize TDA armor would make it look really big. I don't know if it would be a good looking aesthetic. Maybe they went for something different. Maybe it has nothing to do with replacing TDA. Could be new artificer armor (...with a pyschic hood.... :ermm: ).... We will have to wait and see.

Doesn't look like a Psychic Hood.  I think it's just extra protection for the only vulnerable part on a Marine.  You get two hearts, but not two brains.

I like the jump ones - shields are strange but seem to be possible without them. They look like 30k destroyers :). I hope that will be possible to equip them with swords, hammers and axes :). 

I think they'll get an assault/melee oriented squad that we haven't seen yet, that will get access to the special close combat weapons.

My wife asked me how they are aiming with shields on bolt pistols.... :).

BROTHER, PRAY AND SPRAY!

Please GW, make them.low-range but high output. I wannt them to be a whirlwind of bolter rounds.

They are basically a unit of Moritats or Destroyers!

God-Emperor I love all of the Primaris...

An these 5-man units all equipped with the same weapon are so 30k, it basically wants me to go "These are the returning Einherjar of Leman Russ, newly equipped in the Aett"

And a Banner Bearer as a Special Character? Perfect!

Edited by RikuEru

My wife asked me how they are aiming with shields on bolt pistols.... :smile.:.

BROTHER, PRAY AND SPRAY!

Please GW, make them.low-range but high output. I wannt them to be a whirlwind of bolter rounds.

God-Emperor I love all of the Primaris...

An these 5-man units all equipped with the same weapon are so 30k, it basically wants me to go "These are the returning Einherjar of Leman Russ, newly equipped in the Aett"

And a Banner Bearer as a Special Character? Perfect!

Great truth, brother :). 

As I said I like them and want them in my great companies!

The GW Facebook team said that those new assault bolters are like mini twin heavy bolters, so i'm guessing that yes, indeed, there will be a whirlwind of bolter rounds from that unit.

V

EDIT:

gallery_23369_1556_58285.png

Edited by Valerian

Snap fit just makes this too much of a Mary Sue release to me. Will have to see what is possible with individual kits.

I am also now less optimistic of SW being Primarisized as I wonder how GW will justify the pack mentality voluntarily breaking up into smaller units to just be like every other chapter with Primaris Marines.

As with all other starter sets, we haven't seen all the units. But I question if Primaris will have any assault elements at all or is that being relegated to the older Marine units/armies.