WAAAAGH GorGak! invades the B&C.

Warhead01

Hidden Content

A few pictures from Last Saturdays game.

gallery_3442_13347_30924.jpg

At this point we were just starting. Orks would steal first furn with a lucky roll.

gallery_3442_13347_65429.jpg

Hektors Imperial Fists try to build a yellow wall of bodies and transports to hold the nasty orks at arms length.

Much damage is inflicted upon the Gorkanaut. It is very durable.

gallery_3442_13347_13587.jpg

GorGak has had enough of that rhino, Holding up his grots' glorious advance into the Imperial gunline. He'll suffer this no more.

gallery_3442_13347_29163.jpg

A turn later he's ready for his final solution. He drops his attack Squig down the hatch. Job's a goodin'.

gallery_3442_13347_4323.jpg

The game is over. The Orks have taken the center and wrecked Imperial face.

If the game went one more turn the Orks would be tabled.

And Hektor might have stolen the day. His Bikers were ready to roll up on the objective. but he would have to survive two other players trying to clean him and whatever I had left off the objective and the table.

We had a blast! Good game, Good Friends!

Wow those grots are ancient! Second edition starter right? (I have the lot from that ed as well, but I am lothe to place them beside the newer kits)

Hahahaha! Yes they are. I don't mind I've been using them for ever and even found more on Ebay a few years back. They cost almost nothing. 
I'm not sure how many of them I own. I'll have to get a count, 30 for sure but maybe 60. I keep hoping Grots will once again get autto guns. they'll be devastating! 

Some years ago I had 30 metal 1st edition Orks with shootas but everyone kept thinking they were grots because they were so small! :laugh.:

A weeks worth of reflection later...

I think Tau can be beaten by Speed Freaks. 
My planned list will include the following.

4 boys mobs in trukks.

Deff Koptas

War trakks

Lootas

Kannons

Warbikers

Battle wagon

Nobs

Burna boys (Love those guys!)

Storm boys

Weird boy

Warboss Probably on War bike

Pain boy Probably on war bike.

Big mek with KFF ?

Blitz bomber

Nobs.

(I'd love to stick a Big trakk in this list, I need to get one. (Or build one.)

Now I just have to squish it into a list and am shooting for 1750 or 85-90 PL, which ever.

My Scrumgrod says he has trouble with vehicles so I am thinking He should be forced to face a lot of them.

I expect them to die but how fast will it happen?  

Sounds good to me dude! From what I've heard about Tau this edition their secret sauce seems to be Fire warriors, so a few trukk mobs to tie them up whilst your heavy hitters go after the suits/other gits with kannons supporting them sounds legit to me. B)

What gave you the most trouble in your last game against them?

• 2 weeks later...

WAAAAGH GorGak was puked from the warp onto an unsuspecting and lightly defended planet today.  There a small garrison of ?Storm Wardens?? found themselves surrounded by Orks on two fronts while investigating a rouge signal perhaps a malfunctioning beacon. The Orks attacked as space junk fell from the sky. GorGak was out for a joy ride with the burna mob where trying to impress the boss as well as bribe him for extra looting rites. Grot slaves spotted the Beakys first and a war party was quickly formed from the Orks "Base Camp"... Those boys and vehicles which had also survived the crash were following some of the other bosses scavenging parts and "what have you".  
The two sides crashed into the center throwing the unsuspecting Beakys into chaos. The Kan mob found it self under fire from Missiles as did the Burnas war trukk. Several bosses egan shouting orders and forming a more proppa war party.  Boys were jumpin' in looking for a scrap, attempting to take glory in front of GorGak him self that they may show him their worth. 
The WAAAAAAGH energy grew as many boys were gunned down. The Blood lust of combat overtook GorGak, He dismounted the trukk looking for a scrap of his own. Who would face the mighty girth of his wrath.  He cared little. He bellowed his alien warcry in challenge. Ahead a Land Raider rolled into view. Bolters blazing away, boys being killed as they advanced. Tankbustas leaping from their trukk launching rockkits in absolute excitement at the prided kill to come, that they would never never claim. The marines were quickly thrown into Disorder as their Devistator Squad was cooked in their armour by alien artillery. 

I only took these three pictures during the game.

med_gallery_3442_13347_151099.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_32992.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_116158.jpg

I need to recheck my list for points. We were shooting for 1750 but we don't know if his list was there or how under it was. this was his second game and I was suppose to remember to bring extra models for him to use. I had forgotten. I'd nearly canceled on him but managed to drag my arthritic bones up to the shop. I'm glad I went.

My list was a Gorka Morka, so I had a bit of foot units, walkers and artillery as well as a few fast units, this time 2 trukks and a War trakk. Being my Scrumgrods second game of 8th edition I wasn't trying to bring anything too strong and tried to help him puzzle out his options during the game. The Orks would win the day in the end holding all 6 objectives and wrecking up his army. We stopped at the end of the third turn. I know he felt defeated and was second guessing his army and his plans for future units.

A guy he knows was watching the game and looking up rules for us. He thought it was odd that I brought so few Ork boys 40 in all. 30 on foot and 10 with shootas. (Seen above)

They laughed when I said I was planning to win with my Grots. Which I guess I would have tried to if it had come down to that...

I brought out a KMK for the first time and a Bubble Chukka. Both were stellar. Bubble Chukka's first set was 6,6,6,5. Best roll ever.

KMK managed 5 shots killing 2 or 3 Beakys. He did draw first blood , figuratively, destroying a killa Kan. (One of 4)

At the end he had just a few models left including the fearsome Land Raider Crusader. His Chaplin hero had madly tried to kill off the brunas trukk to free the LRC from combat but failed leaving the already very wounded trukk on a single wound. GorGak sprinted towards him and made a might charge whereupon he failed to spay the Beaky hero and found himself wounded 4 times! Typical. (Well, at least he didn't die. would have been very embarrassing... I mean...Good Lord! Just make some saves already!!!)
And the game was called.
All joking aside I did have some MoJo going. the oll' I just need that 6 to save and boom. a 6. or several of them. It's been known to happen.

We went over his units after the game and I think he's going to get another unit of those numarines that fly. They're really nasty so I hope he does. We talked about how he set up his army so he can start to relearn deployment and I hope it helps. I tried to stress the mission and recommend options to him so he could see more of his choices, like how important is would be for him to wipe out my boys mobs. In the end his units were unfortunately limited to what he had but we made the best of it. It looked like a heroic last stand from the start.

GorGak would go off to lick his wounds and regroup his warbands. Knowing that this system was in fact protected by Beakys, and who knows what else. Tank Bustas and boys and a few Kans were among the dead or destroyed but they had a little victory and a bit of loot to occupy them selves with while A game of Kick the head had broken out and it look like a good time. So he watched. The burna Boys had started a fire, surprise surprise, the grots were already starting to cook the fresh kill. Not long now and he'd eat watching the the red sun set. His mood was good. He was always in a better mood when he was winning and it was infectious.

I don't remember if I mentioned the trade I did on Monday. 
I got 5 more unbuilt Storm boys and 19-20 Gretchen unbuilt as well as parts for 4 more Lootas and Burna boys and a box of Flashgitz which was unopened. 
I'm considering the Xenos painting thing. I'm not sure if I am still excited about it or not. 
Doesn't matter, if I decide to join in I have the models now so there's that. 

Drunk to night, 

Took a face book survey. Left the comment..er, ended with.., Let the Galaxy burn. 
I stand by that. 

Plotting on a list with 8 or so , maybe 6 butna boys mobs in it riding in trukks. Waiting on this hurricane to pass, get here and pass, what ever... 
Last minuet prep came in under 850.00 usd.  Not bad really. 
200 Gallons of water, a new Generator , fuel and the will to live .. and dink...  (We've only just begun!)
Gibberish... 

Cringe worthy nonsense ....

So Ya, like when I deployed to Afghanistan .     No worries.  

I am  enjoying being drunk.  

Update I've found nearly 20 25MM bases. Enough for the Grots and then some. 
Sober post to come. 

Thanks to both of you!

​However, I should apologize for posting in the condition I was in. 
I have the T-Shirt from the "first" 13th crusade and it came to mind, one thing leads to another.
I've been keeping myself busy getting ready. I drove maybe 250 miles a few days ago looking for a replacement Generator and then ran more errands the next day. My water consumption was way too low and I was running on stimulants. (Which are a poor substitute for water and...better but now band Stims.) 

After the Storm has passed I should be back to painting. I guess it's lucky for me that the event doesn't start until Orktober. 

Did I mention I'm planning a Burna Boy list?

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't remember what I was going to paint for the Xeno even. 
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/338953-xeno-community-event/page-2?do=findComment&comment=4875964

I had forgotten about the 5 storm boys. The are on the table next to me waiting to be assembled. 
I think I have found all the bases I need. I just need to find my clippers and put them some where I can find them. 
I'm working on my Bonesplitterz arrow boys mob still but it's only the 21st, plenty of time. I expect I'll start assembly before the end of this month. 

Looks like I'll get another game next Friday against those Space Marines, My friend no has all of his new models built and is looking for a rematch !  

Update!

I've found my clippers and am excited to start the Flash Gitz assembly! I just looked at their rules and had a quick test roll. Zounds! These Gitz should murder Space Marines! 
I'm surprised that they are on 40MM bases.  

I may want a second box.  Maybe. 

Edit. 
By this evening I have 5 Storm Boys built and 5 Flash Gitz half way built. Not bad. 

Edited by Warhead01

Update.
The Flashy Gitz are built enough to paint and then finish assembling. The Gunz are so big I don't dare finis the build and attempt to paint, I wouldn't be able to put color on everything very well. This week I'll attempt to build all the grots and see if I can also build 4 more burna boys which I have in bitz. 

I may have some time for that on Thursday. 

If you remember I went on a spree a while back and tore down almost all of my KMK's for Smasha Gunz and Bubble chukkas.  I'm thinking 4 Bubble chukkas is too many and plan to reduce that to 3 and add back one KMK.  The random nature of the BC has seemed to eat up time during my last two games I like them. But I get distracted and loose focus. 3 will be sufficient I have yet to try to use 4 of them but after how well the KMK I used preformed I'll be happy to add one more. 
It's on the "to do" list.

WAAAAAGH GorGak is set for a fight on Friday. 1750 points against my friends Marines He's after a rematch.  
I'm thinking about dropping either the Deff Dread or a few Kans. The Dread did nothing useful last game but Dropping a few Kans and putting the dread with them should help get it into some action. (My Kans got stuck in, stands to reason.) I'd love to try the flash Gitz as well.I have 5 Nobs that can stand in for the Gitz and should look the part. Right now I am attempting to discover how I can add more burna boys to my list but...No idea.  Over all this list, the one I used last time, is what I want and I like the way it plays. One thing I have decided is to drop the shoota boys and split the grot mobs in two or drop 5 to 10 of them to see what that will get me. in the end the grots will be 2 smaller mobs to cover for the loss of the shoota boys. 
I'll have to run the numbers.

Update. 

Today starts the Grot assembly. 
I may add 4 more butna boys to my vow. 

On the army list I'm working on, It's getting odd. 1750 just isn't much to work with and my pencil eraser has gone missing... 

My first plan was that I wanted lots of burna boys. I got a count and I seem to have 34 plastics I can use and 4 more to build.  (But will I buy 2 more?) 
The number of vehicles in my list is low and unsatisfactory. That needs to change. Well, I do have 4 killa kans and a dread and 5 artillery and either 1 battle wagon or two tukks but I think that's not enough.  It's a shame that trakks cost so many points, as do Deff Koptas. Wish they were like 50 points each all loaded down. Oh well. I may drop the Kands and dread, we'll see. The wheels are turning. I also find that I wish I had a bunch of Kommandos in my list. I may rebuild this mess from the ground up. 
And wouldn't a Gorkanaut be fun as well...   

I'll figure it out. 

Today I finished my army list for Guardiancon, out clubs yearly tournament. Here's a link to the list.

I don't usually care to post detailed army lists. We all have our own play styles. 

I'm trying it out with a friend on Friday, it's his rematch from last time. I'm a little worried it's too much for him but he's expanded his primaris collection and I think he will at least have the tools he needs to put up  good game. I don't usually play a cutthroat game with my good friends. There were some difficult choices for me in this list and I made some cuts for the sake of points I could put into more useful things. so all the power klaws ect were dropped. I may regret that later. I truly wish I still had the 31 points I would need to field GorGak. instead we're sending in Skull head face. (Basic warboss) I'm a little tempted, and don't kill me for thinking about it, to drop a few boys for put GorGak in. But I think that would be a really bad idea.

I chose mek Gunz and Big Gunz due to hitting on a 4+ most of the time and Burna boys because they just hit. we're talking 6 mobs of 5 in 3 trukks.

I wish I had more points to play with but it's awkward. war Bikers cost a lot and everything else I'd look at is over 60 point per model.  So for right now all that shtuff will have to wait until a 2000 point list. 

I think I'll stick with this list for a bit and just change out the top 250 points, making the list 2000 points for a while. Unless it really sucks! In which case it'll be back to the drawing board.