WAAAAGH GorGak! invades the B&C.

Warhead01

Update. I took these pictures last week when I had the time.

Storm Boys

gallery_3442_13347_59977.jpg

Flash Gits

gallery_3442_13347_47752.jpg

I still haven't assembled the Grots, 20 of them.

gallery_3442_13347_36588.jpg

Good news though I haven't forgotten them!

Other Update.
My Scrumgrod called yesterday to ask if I could paint some models for him, some flashy Harlequins. He also want's to buy the ones that I have. (Maybe I'll let him. haven't decided.)

I've been working on my saveage orc bonesplitta arrow boys. and their skin is coming along nicely! If not for this last unit I would have had my whole collection painted in a year from start to finish. Not bad.

Edited by Warhead01

Update.
At this point all the Grots are assembles, primed and base coated green. also it looks like I only have 18 of them I have no idea where the other two got off to. (Where they ever here at all?)
I have 10 more for sure that need to be painted so I'll be painting all of them.

Update.

The grots are coming along. I'm working on their skin only 18 more to go. 

I've started the new Kannons as well but I need to look at the ones I have already painted to attempt some kind of uniformity. 

I'm thinking about setting up a Vidme channel and abandoning youtube. I've never had a large audience there or made any money there. some time back they started to get on my nerves with their monetization and add policy. I was informed that they decided to put adds on one of my videos, which I had disabled. So I moved it off to private status. 

I was thinking, with all the painting that I do, maybe I could do painting videos, just speed them up until they are about 3 to 5 minuets long. No commentary no nothing. just a model being painted. something simple like that. 

And in other news. I expect to have a picture filled update by the 15th. 

Update.

Nearly at a stopping point with all 28 grots. I think I'll put some work into the Flash Gitz next but I really want them to pop. I'm not planning to cover them with Yellow paint it will brake my internal color scheme of being goffy.  There will be just a little yellow because we can but not because we were told too... haha.

I put together my next brutal list yesterday with 3 gorkanauts and 90 boys ect. But I might drop a Naut for Mek guns and artillery just to be a git. It's just under 2000 points right now, I'm still cooking it up. I haven't run the points for a Morkanaut yet which is another option I would explore just to have loads of huge models on the table. (Loads being 3 in this case.) 

One last thing I'm going to scribble down is the list I have been using for my 1750 point games but drop all the mek guns for my last 3 Kannons and as many Kans as I can (pun?) stick into that list.

I've heard a rumor that Harlequins may be in my future.

Taking a short brake to paint some pointy ears.  Looks like that's my next army. Not to worry I have painted 3 so far in 2 days. I guess I paint a little slower when I paint each model one at a time.:biggrin.:

Edited by Warhead01

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

I put in a little time yesterday evening painting the leather straps on the storm boys.  so there's some progress! 
I'll be doing the same to the flash gitz. 

From our other discussions about Orks, a new codex ect. It got me looking at the index again. did you know the KMB's no longer over heat? Oh, it's true! 

Now I'm thinking about how to stick 3 or 4 meks into my list with KMB's to support my Kan wall.  and being characters they could become annoying the the enemy. 
Also, what's up with the telly porta blasta roll vs the Wounds characteristic? Starting wounds or current wounds? Would be neat to see it finish off a rhino or a dread or something. 

My stormboyz are intimidating me. They'll be the last thing I paint in my league list. There is just so much detail on a regular boy, and then when I look at a stormboy...

That said, I'm sure they'll look ace in the end. Can't wait to see yours.

Thank you. 
Storm boys and Bikers are generally models I don't look forward to painting.  You could build and paint the boys, then the rockit packs . If that is easier. Most of mine were assembled when I got them so I didn't worry about it. 

Storm boys should be done in a few more days.

Finally feel like painting I don't know where this week went. Got hardly anything done sinse the last post. Just painted the leather straps on every thing. 
I went by the game shop (FLGS in Jacksonville FL.) I got some blue ink and a 3 pack of army painter brushes, I always need brushes. 

so I'm armed to the teef.  And speaking of teef. I'll be working on teef today. Maybe a little more. It's going to be cold this weekend so I'll be indoors and painting.

Storm boys and Bikers are generally models I don't look forward to painting.  You could build and paint the boys, then the rockit packs . If that is easier. Most of mine were assembled when I got them so I didn't worry about it. 

Wise words, and what I would also suggest to all budding warbosses who want to paint all the details on any kind of boy. I do have my packs on sticks for the ones I assembled, though I too have some that I got from someone else that are fully assembled.

At this point I'm half way done with the storm boys, just 5 of them. I'm also kicking the Flash gits down the road but progress is a little slow I need to have a look at their guns and put more paint on them.  I tried to put the Harlequins down to get this vow finished, it's becoming embarrassing that I'm not finished already. I've just been zoning out on it. 

I've been thinking about my next list. War bikers and war trukks, full on road warrior. but I'll likely still have 30 - 60 boys on foot for moral support.  

My next game is against space wolves but I'll be taking my pointy eared gitz.  But I have two weeks till then. 

Update.

Done.
gallery_3442_13347_67960.jpg

This took for ever and it really shouldn't have taken this long.
I'll get a few pictures of the storm boys, just really want one good group picture and it's vow complete.

I decided my Flash Gitz are deffskull looota types. The blue went on very well and I like the white over blue war paint as well.

I know your thinking that it's odd that the bases aren't done but I'm rebaseing my whole army next year. (which is really just a few months from now.)
Here's the Gitz.

med_gallery_3442_13347_59872.jpgmed_gallery_3442_13347_31500.jpgmed_gallery_3442_13347_43397.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_86000.jpgmed_gallery_3442_13347_55528.jpg

here's the poor shot of the storm boys.

gallery_3442_13347_87822.jpg

I posted the Grots a few posts above this. (and on this page.)

I'm looking forward to trying these Gitz out on the table I've never used Flash Gitz before.

Thanks for looking!

That some interesting warpaint there. Did you use anything for inspiration or did you just put brush to model and get started? Either way it looks great but I'm just curious. :)

I was considering camo warpaint on my Kommando models but I wasn't sure whether I could pull it off.

That some interesting warpaint there. Did you use anything for inspiration or did you just put brush to model and get started? Either way it looks great but I'm just curious. :smile.:

I was considering camo warpaint on my Kommando models but I wasn't sure whether I could pull it off.

Thanks. 

I seem to remember a lot of Blue and white on Deff Skulls so I picked those two colors in the end. I tried to skull war paint in blue but it wasn't easy to see and I wen't back with the white. I've been working on war paint for a bout a year, off and on with my Bonesplitterz army.  I don't care much for solid war paint. To me it takes away from the miniature. On some mini's I'll have spent loads of time building the layers for the skin color, the whole models consist and well done, can't just blotch on some "flat war paint" after that.  If I'm just using one color like, blue for example, I'd layer a dark blue then a lighter blue over that if I'm covering a large area. I think I have a few on my blog a few posts ago.  

Don't get discouraged. just play around with the colors for your war paint. I don't care to use green I doubt it would be noticeable on a green ork.  I guess if I was going to put war paint on Kommandos, depending on how much flesh they were showing off. I'd do it like they did in Conan (1982) I'd probably use two shades of grey but i'd maybe try for a 3rd color as well and just put in little dashes or dots or something.  

Hope that was helpful. 

Thanks for asking.

Update. 
Good progress made on 4 burna boys and 10 more storm Boys. After a head count it look like I need 5 more storm boys to make the next 30. I really need to paint more Burna boys, which were started and then set aside. 

Update. 

Good progress made on 4 burna boys and 10 more storm Boys. After a head count it look like I need 5 more storm boys to make the next 30. I really need to paint more Burna boys, which were started and then set aside. 

I'm thinking about getting burna boyz on my docket. A dude on Facebook said he's been running them in a battlewagon, and while that may not seem new to some people, it was damn near a revelation for me. Especially in points games, I could take four 5-man units, to alleviate the variance in the number of shots.

That's how I do it I have a few trukks packed with small mobs to "improve the randomly determined odds" :teehee:

When the Index list just coming out I like a lot of people scoured das intervebs for leaked copy and started leaning what was what. (I did find one as it turns out but nothing beats Hard Copy! )  

My thinking is that a good unit, what might be considered a good unit from a point perspective, should have it's equipment and weapons rolled into it's cost from the start. , a Boy, shoota Boy, Storm Boy Burna Boy. Any thing where you only have one cost for the models in the unit.  
After that I started looking at relative points costs vs usefulness. Later I began thinking over St, AP and damage.  To me Damage is the most important second to AP, in a system where a 6 always wounds. And then there was the to hit roll. Where Burnas are awesome and anything that hits on a 4+ should be looked at too. (Not thinking about close combat at all... )

Later I was asking myself about characters and heroes, what do I really what them to do? and how much does that cost. So KFF Meks and Weird boys are my first choices and damn the luck about having to pay for a power Klaw I don't want to use for a pain boys ...  If only I didn't have to!   
You may notice I don't want to spend any points on anything. lol. 

I'm a bit off track now. 
Have you thought about Nobs with kombi-scorchas?  (like 5 of them)  I'm thinking about that for a future list, in a Battle wagon, leaving 15 slots open for something else.

Kombi-Skorchas are just so expensive. If you could reliably get them on a cheaper platform than a nob, say something between 8-10 points, I'd consider it. But to pay 17 points for a nob, and then 19 points for a Skorcha, is just too rich for my tastes. Even a spanner in the burna unit is 14 points, making it a little pricey as well.

I'll burn up some bandwidth today trying to recount yesterdays game. It seemed like some kind of insurance contest.

I sole my friend my space Wolves late last month and they've been the right fit for his it seems. I've told him if things get too easy or too difficult just change your list. My collection is fairly large so he has quite a bit to play with. His Tau were fairly one dimensional as he tried to built a strong competitive build from his collection and "cried" about models he never bothered to use or collect things he would one day try.  Frankly they were never any fun to play against and sadly I've only ever beat them a few times...but I'm glad they're gone! 
His list was good he's working on an all comers list. 

If I recall he had.

2 long fang squads

2 grey hunter squads (5 or 6 strong)

15 Blood claws with a squad leader

2 units of 5 long fangs one had a terminator squad leader with a Missile system

2 units of 3 thunder wolves

2 dreads with axe's and shields

1 rune priest on foot

A Hero on thunder wolf (I'm not sure which LvL of hero it was)

Logan Grimnar in hit dog sled. 

My list.

Spearhead Detachment

Flash Gitz X5 Ammo Runts X5 155points

Lootas Mob X6 lootas 102 points

Big Guns

Kannons X6  126

Mek Gunz 
KMK's X2 , Smasha Gunz X3  219points

Deff Dread 2 Klaws, 2 Big shootas 131 X2 262

Big Mek, Kff   75 <warlord> 

Battalion detachment

Warphead 62 point (Da Jump)

Boys X30 180 

Boys mob shootas. 10 boys 60 points

Grots X30 90

Burna Boys mob

5 burna boys 70 X3 mobs  210

War Trukk

1 war trukk 82 X3 246

Pain boy power Klaw 65

Dakka Jet 6 suppa shootas X1 Jet. 148

2000 points.

We played mission 3 and rolled far side deployment, meaning we had short edge deployments.

He finished deploying first and we tied for first turn 2 or 3 times with the die roll finally we both rolled 1's so he took first turn with the +1 I failed to seize first turn. (For part of the game until the end I thought,for some reason, that I had had the first half of the round. finding I had the last say in the game kept me trying to find away to steal a win in the last 2 rounds

Spoilers Orks didn't win. 

Hell. After looking at his list I don't even regard mine as competitive despite all my shooting.

I deployed in a cramped line of 5 mek guns kinda centered and in my KFF bubble 2 trukks with burna boys on my right the third trukk had the flash gits on my left and my far left was a row of 6 kannons, most of them were in a ruined building on the ground floor. 

I wasn't sure if he had any sneak attack units so I set up my grots and boys to protect my entire back field with my 30 boys in the very back. I'd planned to pop them off on an action packed adventure after the Wolves had made me some space and battle had been joined. Sadly this wouldn't work out the way I had hoped. 
The wolves advanced and took fire from my Orks but would on turn two begin their charges. My scrumgrod has the tendency to turn a flank on his opponent and so he began to do that to me as per his usual.  The Orks were trying to fight out of this but were out of position.

My burna trukks were charged by Logan Grimnar who destroyed one of them only 3 escaped the destroyed trukk. The second trukk was simply locked in.  the 3 burna boys from the lead trukk were locked in by 3 thunder wolves who had also charged their trukk.  His shooting damaged both deff dreads very badly as my KFF rolls didn't come up. He also put some damage on a Kannon But decided after that that they weren't worth shooting at.

Orks turn.2

2 units disembarked the locked trukk and advanced toward the Rune priest to cook him. Sadly this didn't happen and those boys would be slaughter buy Dreadnoughts and Heroes in the next turn.  I moved a bit so I could move the trukk with the Flash Gitz up to have los for shooting. Shooting was ok Killed a few more long fangs and sent out some wounds but shooting wouldn't be good until turn 3. If I recall the Flash Gitz shot twice for three turns then their luck ran out, but they would survive the game. 
I was already running damage control. Orks were in some trouble. 
Wolves turn three, more charges. Logan would destroy the trukk easily and set up for the next combat to pointlessly assist in slaughtering 10 burna boys who would never get to fight back. His Blood claws and thunder wolves would kill both of my dreads in the next two turns, they didn't explode.  Things were looking bad. My army more or less spends the next turn killing all of his blood claws. 

What's really stopping me? a few things Poor rolls for shooting or not wounding, his storm shields blocking my ap and his FnP on the dreads just to rub it in. 

The next turn he'd still be landing in combats and Logan would finally flank me killing 8 of my 10 shoota boys and finally charge my 30 slugga boys but that was his mistake. There's nothing worse than a board slugga boys mob suddenly finding them selves excited! and in the next 3 combats they'd beaten Logan to death. and were ported away! finally. 

I'm starting the think we really lost track of the turns or something. Or it's I'm not really sure now what's happen when. 

The boys would land on a close objective behind a building and out of sight, safe. I'd finally killed all of his Long fangs, my dakka jet has circled the board in a figure eight and is now in his deployment zone again about 6" from the board edge having flown 60" to get there, and shoot.  The games just a blur of madness at this point artillery destroyed, speed bumping with artillery krews and trying to keep track of the objectives and looking for my end game. He's down to one dread and his rune priest in my deployment zone. At some point I've ported the flash gitz off to clear out and try to score the objective worth 4 points they will manage to clean it and claim it but two of them ant 2 surviving ammo runt will be gunned down. But before that they would be in my lines and charged by a Dread as part of that combind charge, I think they weren't attacked it was just a mess. 
Back near that objective they'd takes they were charged by some thunder wolves but were saved by...and you'll never believe it! a charge roll of 2 ones. and -2 to charge range for crossing terrain! Brilliant! Unfortunately this would contest my control of that 4 point objective. 
On turn 5, I got the idea. I moved my 16 or 18 slugga boys off the safe objective to prep a charge against the Dread that I had been trying to destroy for quite a bit. He had to go. Couldn't have him in my deployment zone threatening objectives any more. I could win this in another turn! (Seemed to me, at the time.) 

I port my lootas out of their building on to the objective that my slugga boys had just left. everything shoota at the dread it's down to 2 or 3 wounds now and the slugga boys charge in pile on and every body gets to fight. say 18 boys, including the nob, every body needs 5+ to wound. The dread needs like 25 saves after that and dies to a hand full of ones! 
But the game ends.  

He'd earned warlord, first blood and line breaker he held 2, 2 point objectives.  7 points. *Probably 8 points
I'd gotten line breaker and war lord and held 2, 2 point objectives 6 points.

He was contesting the one point objective and the 4 point objective. 

3 hours of me trying to not lose the game! And nearly winning. In the next turn, had their been one I could have, probably retaken the 4 point objective but would have lost the 1 point objective. which was "held" by a single grot gunner. (*Or maybe That guy had already ran away... Probably that.)

It would have come down to a lot of luck and finally having good rolls. 

Best game we've played in years!

What do I want to change? I think I can afford to drop at least one more mek gun and 1 or 2 kannons. Ork drop 2 mek guns and keep all the kannons.

What went well?

the flash Gitz did amazing for their first outing. those and the boys were my top performers. the Weird boys did better than I described, I'm not sure we payed him correctly as I did end up casting ,attempting to cast 2 powers a turn. (I have no idea if that's allowed, have to look.) 

Unfortunately I know I need more boys in this list. But It needs something else as well. I may drop 5 burna boys for their points back. 

If I had had a unit of tank bustas in my back field I might have had a use for them. It would have been easy to hide them in the back they might have helped against the dreads. (very likely.) I think I'd like more flash gitz as well. The dreads didn't live up to my expectations exactly. But that was partly our dice his good rolls and my poor rolls. 

I may stick in 3 killa kans for the next list, replacing one dread and what ever else.

Enough of this for now. 

• 3 weeks later...

My brains are pumping out new ideas in light of the chapter approved leaks. I'm looking forward to getting my grubby hands on a copy. 

I'm interested in more nobs but this time with Kustum shootas, 4 shots each and a mere 21 point a model. Sounds kinda dumb at first but that stacks up to a lot of dakka and it's not something I've seen done anywhere else yet. One thing leads to another and for a short bit I was very excited about the Mobbing up stratagem having not seen the actual printed rules for it.  aside from my crazyer ideas for it I'd been thinking about trying to use it with several Nobs Mobs to get a large choppy mob in combat but really that's too many points in nobs and probably not the best idea.  It seems ideal for Boys mobs. But then how best to use is? Most, from what I'm reading, see it as a way to save the kill points. (Not getting a whole mob killed, giving up their "kill point".) Valid for sure. But I want to do something aggressive with it. It's going to be an option regardless of what's in my army. 
I've thought about 30 shoota boys being joined boy 10 more and then 10 more as a massive fire base to do something with. Or 30 slugga boys joined by 10 more and jumped across the board into combat. this would be good but better still would be having a mob so large that I can then join in yet another mob of 10 after the first mob is in combat just to drag in more fighters an swing some kind of massive combat victory.  
Point is this little stratagem could end up doing quite a lot for the Orks once we have mucked around with it for a few games.  Exciting for sure! 

There's quite a bit i'm looking forward to trying in my next list but speaking of my old list, after the points adjustments I've gained 24 points back that I can spend and on my first try that turned into 2 Kill saws and a big choppa but I'm still considering other options, like trading some of my kannons for lobbas. which would be helpful with their extra range. 

I'm also interested in adding a S.A.G. Mek to sit near my artillery , between two of the KMK's and he can fix one of them each turn and still shoot. and maybe work some magic.