WAAAAGH GorGak! invades the B&C.

Warhead01

MY usual Scrumgrod called yesterday still foaming at the brains over Sundays game. He's already looking for another game. We discussed(So formal...I know haha.) the match and I came to the conclusion that the best I could have done, ideally, would have been 5 more objectives and one killpoint from one unit I was already fighting (6 points in total putting me up to 27 points I think.) and the best he could do was  claim 2 objectives, one I was contesting and one he would, presumably have cleared, maybe. Or he would contest that second objective effecting my final score. As well he would kill 3 units on that objective 4 at best. The fourth being my undamaged wartrukk.. (4 kill points) And lastly he might well pick another of my units to damage/kill. Either artillery or my large grot mob. The grots would be my choice as I would hope that battle shock would remove the rest if I killed enough. So say one more kill point for 4 or 5 total and at best 2 more objectives but I can't say he had the fire power to kill all of them as I would assume the grots would live and the war trukk as well. Or maybe my bikers. Point is at best I think he'd pick up 6 points.  If that's how it went down he's still win by 2 points First blood and slay the warlord. I think he would have had had a stronger lead on me really, maybe yet another 2 points. Still a really good showing. He's plotting to bring more sisters that IG next time. Sounds like a fight to me!

I'm starting to cook up my next army list. Kinda sick of what I was just going. Also a lot of my models broke on the trip to the shop and again on the drive home traffic was really bad that day. 

I have been thinking about changing up GorGak's weapons again and my Deff Boss was broken on the drive so I think his bit'z are fair game now.  
I really really really like That relic kill choppa. So that's what I'm thinking now, as recommended previously Kill choppa and Klaw combo. Much face will be wrecked! 

I'm thinking my next list will have 50 shoota boys, for mobbing up. Nobs, because I hardly never use them, a trukk or two some Mek guns again and several small mobs of Grot to hug terrain. I just reread the Pain Boy rules today and I have been all wrong about him, for one thing his FnP range is down to 3". I hadn't noticed. So I'm working on a new plan for how to better us him. I really like the war bikers and plan to keep 6 or 9 of them in my list but play much smarter with them. Anyway, It's back to the this list needs to look like it came from second edition mind set for a little bit. Maybe it'll be a bit more relaxed and fun to play.  
I'll post on this again.

My minds has been cluttered and I started painting some Dark Anges models I've had around for a long time now.  However, I have also been reading the Ork tactics thread over on dakka.

One poster over there had a link to their blog with a screening tactic and an explanation of how to better surround an enemy so that enemy can't leave combat. I'm waiting for that explanation to be sunk by other members more knowledgeable than I am. But at first glance it looks solid.

Essentially when piling in to a unit you haven't charged, you just have to surround one model, that seems to prevent the rest of the unit from moving out of combat on their turn.

exciting stuff indeed. 
with that in mind I'm looking at a list full of shoota boys and some storm boys. My list is coming together but isn't on paper yet.

I put my list on paper last night but I need to check to see if I keep building the same list. haha.

Feel like it. Now I am left with trying to sort out what to do about taking a SAG Big Mek or not. With the points drop he costs as muck as a KFF Big MekPart of me wants the other KFF, part of me wants to drop hum for a bunch more boys, I need 10 more to put 60 in my list. I am also exploring how to add some other stuff as well. I have 5 tank bustas in my list but am thinking about trading them in. That's effectively 5 more Nobz. 
I've come up with a way to play them that I think I can manage. Nobs in trukks with pain boy and war boss roll up move run charge, Keep the pain boy a little back between the two Nobz mobs and behind the warboss to heal ever one and not fight right away, He just has to get into range or charge and not worry about it. 
If I drop one of the KFF Meks I will try to put a few Power Klaws in each Nobz mob as well. 
The third trukk, I think I can pack in 10 to 12 boys, with choppas to add to the mass in the combat. I'm going to try war path with my Weird boy this time around, so one large Nobs mob might be even better than two small ones. I have room for two Boys mobs in two trukks then and all my killy eggs in one rusty bucket of a basket. Maybe. Still might trade in two trukks for a battle wagon as there's little down side to that. 

Here's the monstrosity I have written so far.

HQ 

Warboss, Kill Choppa and Power Klaw  Warlord- GorGak staring as himself in this epic roll and a performance of a life time nominated for 5 skull cracking awards.

Weird boy 

KFF Big Mek 

SAG Mek

Pain boy with power Klaw

WAAAGH Banner Nob

Nobz Mob

Tank Bustas (Notes above)

Boys mob 30 shoota boys

Boys mob 10 with choppas

Boys mob 10 with choppas

Grots 27

War bikers mob 7

War trakk Twin Big shoota

War trakk Twin Big shoota

Lobbas 4

Mek guns KMK's 2

Dakka Jet 6 Suppa Shootas

Dakka Jet 6 Suppa Shootas

War trukk Big Shoota

War Trukk Big Shoota

War Trukk Big Shoota

1999 points (I think...)

List subject to change. 

It's a shooting list with a splash of assault. I am including the ever dreaded War Trakks as a mobile back to mid field unit to screen against Deep Strike or other sneak attacks, or they will work to protect my flanks. The grotts will be a front line picket across my deployment zone, set up as the first unit I deploy. The Lobbas will deploy in the back and set up to block off the back of my deployment zone. 

I'm hoping that the Dakka Jets will freely fly around softening up units or vehicles with little danger to them selves. 
Kinda not sure about the Lobbas, 2 other Mek guns might be better.  that or a Deff Dread which I'd be close to paying for with the costs of the lobbas. 
Well. that's it for now I have to start sorting out my broken models and think about these changes I have in mind.

I'm not feeling confident in the second Dakka Jet or the tank bustas I may trade them in for a Battle wagon and more Nobs. Or Lootas in a trukk and more Nobs. I'll run the points on that and see.  I had also been thinking about several MANZ instead of Nobs but I think more models is better than a good save. Partially thinking about upping the War Biker mob to 9 models, up from 7. 
Still undecided about the SAG Mek and the Lobbas. Thinking of cutting back on the Lobbas to a total of 3. I'll see how many points that refunds me.

First list changes.

Drop 1 dakka Jet. 148 points.

Add 1 War trukk and 10 more boys. 142 point 6 left over.

drop the tank bustas for 5 Nobz. (Lets get more choppy.) even points trade. 

Drop the Lobbas for 2 Bubble Chukkas. 20 point left over.

Drop the 7th war Biker, I expect this unit to be targeted hard. 27 points.

Add 1 War trakk with Twin big shoota.  
6 points +1 point under. 7 points under total. 

Can go either way with the SAG Mek. Keep it or drop it for the KFF. what ever. 

As an alt I am thinking about adding one more War trukk so I can keep the Nobs in their own trukks. 4 is good 5 is better? 
Had thought about a battle wagon at one point but wouldn't another turkk full of boys be better as it more models over all. So that's the rout I have taken.

Your both very right about those ammo runts. I'm still figuring out where the points will come from. 
I have 7 points left over and can drop 3 grot for 13 points, buying 3 ammo runts, which doesn't sound like a lot but might be fine as they are all trukk mounted and supported by a pain boy. 

I haven't used Nobs very much at all ever so I'm still new to them a a unit. 
I'll repost my changed list and drop in a link from the post number.

I'm also not sure I need the WAAAGH banner Nob. Might reclaim his points.

Nobs hit hard when you kit them out, but getting them into combat is always the problem.  If they're slogging, you have to have ammo runts to soak wounds.  Hell, even if you've got them in a trukk or a battlewagon I'd still take the runts.  They're just too squishy.  They really need to make Nobz T5, considering normal boyz are T4 and Nobz are supposed to be bigger and tougher than a regular boy.

We'll see. I have points for a few Ammo runts rounded up but don't think I need very many of them.  I am tempted to drop a nob from one mob and add the remainder together 9 Nobs 4 runts. Nothing in the trukks is meant to work alone, even the trukks will charge to eat any over watch, that's the plan anyway. 
The only times I have had trouble getting into combat I failed a bunch of charges all in a row. 

Ill post the updated list when I have some time. It's coming along I think.

HQ 

Warboss, Kill Choppa , kustom shoota  Warlord- GorGak (64)

Weird boy (62) da Jump

Weird boy (62) warpath

KFF Big Mek (75)

KFF Big Mek on war bike (101)

Pain boy with power Klaw (53)

Pain boy with power Klaw  with dok runt (57)

Nobz Mob 8  with 3 Ammo Runts 7 Big choppas  (180)

Waaagh Banner Nob (79)

Boys mob 30 shoota boys (180)

Boys mob 10 with choppas (60)

Grots 24 (72) 

War trakk Twin Big shoota (47)

Mek Gun Bubble Chukka X1 (50)

Mek guns KMK's  X4 (168)

Dakka Jet 6 Suppa Shootas (148)

War Trukk Big Shoota (82)

War Trukk Big Shoota (82)

War Trukk Big Shoota  (82)

War Trukk Big Shoota  (82)

So far as I know the points are right but I have Brain problem today and have gone over the math several times  at one point 125 points under at another 75 points over. I'll have to check it again before it's final. but I feel this one is really close to what I want from my list. 
I have a plan for how I want to play this list but I have to play this army. It's just a little difficult to describe.  

The way I see it I set up my 30 shoota boys and artillery under the KFF bubble with the pain boy and weirdboy and trail my grots around as a screen. With a little luck I can set my dakka Jet under one of the bubbles as well. 

My vehicles and bikers set up under my other KFF to protect them on turn 1 and most of them on turn two. I am likely to have to suffer through 2 rounds of shooting before I dismount my forces and assault. I plan to use the War trakks as a screen near the middle and as objective takers.

KInda wish I had more artillery and Lootas but I'm excited to see what this list will do. 

Chew on it if you like and point out my missteps or anything I may have over looked. I very nearly still had my WAAAGH Banner Nob. Kinda with I still did but don't want to give up the grots to get him.

I corrected my math. 2000 points.

364+ 365+ 420+  141+ 218+ 148+ 328 + 

It hit me that maybe 3 power Klaws was a bad Idea for the Nobs Mob. I'm up to 8 Nobs 7 with Big Choppas and have dropped the warbikes for all the needed extra points and I have changed my Mek Guns to all KMK's and 5 of them in the unit or split how ever is needed to insure my 3 detachmnts.  and have the WAAAAGH Banner.

All my Nobz and loads of boys will hit on 2+ now and kill loads of stuff. Nobz need to go after vehicles and Boys after Infantry.  Or what ever.

Edited by Warhead01

Some wip pictures to share. I'm working on my KFF Biker Big Mek.

I got the biker from Ebay in a lot a few years back, traded them away and got them traded back about 6 months to a year later...
This is simply a head swap and adding a Power Klaw and a KFF from the Mega Nobz kit. I looted that from a Mega Big Mek that I think I have used twice ever.

No loss there. It's just bitz after all.

med_gallery_3442_13347_2962.jpg med_gallery_3442_13347_138701.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_104260.jpg

I needed this Mek for the list I've been working on.

I may have mentioned that a bunch of my models didn't survive the trip too and from the shop last time I went to play. Well. My War boss, The Deff Boss, was one of them. But it has created an opportunity for GorGak to have his pick of the bitz again. And now because that relic Headwappas Kill Choppa, or what ever it's called.., is a thing and dead killy if I manage to roll a bunch of 6's to wound. GorGak had to have one.
Last game the boss playing with one nuked a whole squad of sisters some 5 or 6 models with out even trying and would have sent a few more off with them had they been in the squad. Sounds productive.

I'll post a picture of him later. But he's looking dead killy!

Yesterday I rebuilt 2 KMK's from 2 of my smasha Gunz. It looks like they will fit back together though, kinda slide back off. So they will be interchangeable. I'm not good with magnets. I have parts for one more KMK so it's a maybe.

Here's GorGak with his Kill Chippa. I wasn't sure it was going to work but it came out alright.
med_gallery_3442_13347_28250.jpg med_gallery_3442_13347_37859.jpg

I know the pictures aren't very good.

Small update. In two evenings now I have managed to paint two trukks. What's interesting to me is that I don't think they look like my other trukks. I went a different rout weathering my trukks far more heavily than my other ones which more look rusted than dirty. I'll take some pictures soon and some with my old trukks to see how far apart they are. I think this makes 5 painted out of a fleet of 12 or 15. It's taking for evvvvvaaa! 

Here's a few pictures of the trukks I was just working on and a KMK I recently rebuilt.

med_gallery_3442_13347_32732.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_31172.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_100896.jpg

Seems I was silly to have turned every KMK I had previously into other Mek gunz. I'm up to 5 KMK's again leaving 4 bubble chukkas and 3 smasha gunz. I wish we had another different Mek gun. I'm not a fan of the traktor Kannon it's not very useful as far as I can tell. Meh, random thoughts.

More shtuff in da works I'm starting to get excited about the new codex coming in the next few months and want to be ready to roll dice and wreck face!

Just this morning I was thinking about a list where the only troop units I take are mobs of 10 gretchen. The idea is to pack it with shooty units that hit on a 4+, as many of  these as I Kan.

And then fill the rest of the list with assault units. Just to see what that list looks like, I want it to look really cheesy on paper and then maybe try it out.

I've managed to paint 6 trukks now and have plans to paint only 2 more I will be parting with the rest once I find all the bitz for them. 8 should be plenty. I'm also going to part with 5 of my aircraft as 14 was way too many and I never had the chance to use them all and now don't think I want to. 
I think I want to add more Flash Gitz and storm boys to my collection I am close to 60 storm boys so I only need a few more but I only have the 5 Flash Gitz and would like 15 more. 

I think I can pull that off this year if I stay excited about that idea. 

I've been tempted again with thoughts ofa new AoS army as well... Not too sure about that though. 
More Mayhem to come.

Update. Here's what the bases look like under some Ork boys!

med_gallery_3442_13347_64321.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_28492.jpg

I've only mounted 10 models so far but I like how it's going. Still need to drybrush the boots to match the dirty bases. I think it'll look good.

Good progress continues 16 bases constructed yesterday and painted!

So far the new ones are lower to the base and less wobbly looking. I've pulled 30 more Orks out, there next for new bases.
The first 30 look fairly happy on their new basses ...For Orks that is.:biggrin.:

med_gallery_3442_13347_25791.jpg

med_gallery_3442_13347_174749.jpg

Edited by Warhead01