Blindhamsters Blood Angels & Blindhamster Jrs Tyranids

2 hours ago, Spyros said:

The aggressor to the right is perfect!

How did you reposition the arms?

Hey, thanks!

I just cut the belt feeds off, reposed arms by cutting and gluing, plus some minor greenstuff repairs. I used some flexible resin belt feeds with wire in them (cant remember where I ordered them, ebay maybe), I realised it's actually missing a wire from gun to ammo hopper still so will need to go back and fix that at some point. I based it on:

Warhammer 40k artwork — Blood Angels Aggressor

Seeing your greenstuff on the aggressors reminds me that sould should've just throw out my pot of liquid gw greenstuff instead of trying to use it for gap filling :facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

And some more eliminators based up and blocked in broad stroke colours

large.IMG_2829.jpg.530a5aee0b6674bcc93a5

Next I've got to make another boltstorm aggressor now that a squad of 5 isn't valid (sigh), after that I'm going to get on with Death company and I've got a pretty much stock power fist gravis captain to build too, one of those models I doubt I'll ever actually use as I much prefer my one.

only a small update

Im currently working on building aggressor number six, has some minor greenstuff work as with a couple of the others. Also working on two gravis captains and a couple other captains.

plus death company intercessors

large.IMG_2842.jpg.5aa5c6f7371fdcd4c8b10

nothing super crazy, mised and matched regular and assault intercessor bits including a dark imperium intercessor for the "sergeant", bit of greenstuff for a few blood drops on chest plates and hair on one of them. Will sort out bases and go from there.

Leviathan arrived, but I'm unsure if I'll start on the contents of that yet, or if I'll get the remaining 3 bladeguard, 5 heavy intercessors and 5 desolation squad marines I had remaining to build (not to mention the crusader squad I planned to work on making some blood angels scouts and sternguard with...)

So, today my (almost 9 year old) son and I went to our local GW.

We did an intro game for 10th, and enjoyed that. we looked around a bit, he decided he likes tyranids, so I told him he could have the tyranids from my copy of leviathan. I also got him some hormagaunts as he liked those too.

We got home and he got building! before now he's built two necron warriors and painted a space marine when he was about 5 lol.

Very pleased with him, he got quite into it and did a nice clean job! I'm going to spray them tonight so he can start painting tomorrow, we might even try a very small game at home :D

he also got some freebies and a. Beginner booklet which he enjoyed filling in

image.thumb.png.c8da93136e0c7731e8e4a83e0fc9913e.png

Edited by Blindhamster

It's brilliant getting the kids involved :smile: my two (10 and 8) battled each other tonight with the Leviathan combat patrols in a very close game. Though for some reason, neither of them want to follow in my footsteps space marine wise (Ultramarines :laugh:) they're doing blood angels and dark Angels respectively.

So, my son has been busy! he got the screamer killer built and I sprayed all his models, he then started blocking in the contrast paint! Amazing how it can boost a youngbloods confidence!

he also selected the chitin colour and did a test ripper like it:

IMG_2864.jpg

Inadvertently ended up almost looking like kraken.

We setup two armies but havent played today as of yet. both 440 points.  I took some photos for fun.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/248209695276269578/1125061532326314066/IMG_2863.jpgIMG_2865.jpg

38 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

So, my son has been busy! he got the screamer killer built and I sprayed all his models, he then started blocking in the contrast paint! Amazing how it can boost a youngbloods confidence!

he also selected the chitin colour and did a test ripper like it:

IMG_2864.jpg

Inadvertently ended up almost looking like kraken.

We setup two armies but havent played today as of yet. both 440 points.  I took some photos for fun.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/248209695276269578/1125061532326314066/IMG_2863.jpgIMG_2865.jpg

I think the Screamer Killer will eat well tonight! Good painting there as well.