The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

I'll have to dig out the images of my HellBitches and we can get a proper House Escher theme going on. :biggrin.: Those are some really awesome face-paint-jobs too, Sister Alessia - I hate trying to do makeup - it's so harrrrrrrrrd whinge whinge whinge :tongue.:

Join a Black Metal band then, make up will come naturally  after a while :lol:

Thanks for the kind words and support everyone! I still get bummed out that I can't paint like I used to, as I have shakey hands from fibro. Still I have enjoyed this project immensely and love my girls! Only 17 more to go lol.

@Steiner Its easier when you have played with makeup most of your life :) I can give you a tip though. Guys often go way to heavy when painting on lipstick. Just paint the bottom lip for a much more natural look! And stay away from blue eyeshadow lol.

@STD Are you in a Black metal band? Thats so cool if you are! I do love me some Behemoth and Emperor! No wonder your makeup game is always on point. Providing your sword is as sharp as your winged eyeliner, you can rock with the Holo-Damned any time! ;)

@STD Are you in a Black metal band? Thats so cool if you are! I do love me some Behemoth and Emperor! No wonder your makeup game is always on point. Providing your sword is as sharp as your winged eyeliner, you can rock with the Holo-Damned any time! :wink:

Used to be when I lived in Liverpool, but its hard trying to find like minded people in Norfolk. Learning how to play drums so I can continue as a solo artist.

Fun fact, John Blanche likes Emperor.

Behemoth were great when I saw them live but unfortunatly they went on stage after Watain who totally stole the show.

But were going way off topic here, feel free to shoot me a private message if you wanna talk about music. Or food. I like food. :wub:

Edited by Slave to Darkness

This is exactly what I need to kick my arse back into hobbying. I've failed to do anything productive hobbywise for so long it's embarrassing.

Need to locate the old rules. I did have an original copy of the rules in good old book form but it's been MIA for years (probably borrowed/acquired by someone) and I have the PDF GWS provided free on the broken laptop. Lol ... Time to finally get the laptop fixed.

This is exactly what I need to kick my arse back into hobbying. I've failed to do anything productive hobbywise for so long it's embarrassing.

Need to locate the old rules. I did have an original copy of the rules in good old book form but it's been MIA for years (probably borrowed/acquired by someone) and I have the PDF GWS provided free on the broken laptop. Lol ... Time to finally get the laptop fixed.

PM me your email and Ill send you the old rules. Do you want first ed or second ed?

Thanks for the kind words and support everyone! I still get bummed out that I can't paint like I used to, as I have shakey hands from fibro. 

Fibromyalgia?

Try resting your hands on the edge of your painting area (if you dont do that already) it helps me when I get the shakes. 

Sorry to hear it bums you out, must be frustrating not being able to do something you used to. But your paintings pretty :cussing good anyway so be proud youngling!!

Now I can do faces with realistic stubble yet fail to paint a suit of power armour without spitting my dummy out and swearing at it. 

Might be due to 99% of what I have done since 1991 is marines, sick of the sight of them. 

Now I need to dig out my Escher gang and get back to painting Siouxie and her Banshees (old skool goth, black leather with KISS facepaint), also have my redemptionist/cawdor horde and some ratskins.

Might have to rewatch the warriors, dredd and clockwork orange for some inspiration, New Goliaths in bowler hats, white overalls and codpieces?

Back in the day used to run a Germanic named cawdor gang all named after bad guys in the die-hard series, in one terrible game using the toxic sludge terrain rules from outlanders I lost eight out of thirteen gang members including leader, 1 heavy and 2 fairly high xp gangers.

Edited by Corsovitt

Cheers for the offer StD but I've managed to resurect the old machine. A fair few ritual knocks with a clenched fist seemed to help.

Now then how many Goliath models is too many?

Hmmm ... 42 Gangers, 9 Juves, 8 Heavies and 5 Leaders.

To say I don't really identify with Goliath's I seem to have many models.

Now just need to see what else the lead/white metal mines have to offer. ;)

Edit: The mountain has been bountiful ... It's got lots of stripped models just waiting to be painted (I'd prepped all my Necromunda models to make up a Guard force) ... :devil:

Escher - 10 Gangers, 3 Juves, 1 Heavy, 1 Leader and Mad Donna Ulanti

Vann Saar - 12 Gangers, 5 Juves, 4 Heavy and 3 Leaders

Orlock - 18 Gangers, 4 Juves, 5 Heavy and 3 Leaders

There's more but I'll have to sift out the models from the Guard and I need some sleep before a stupid 13 hour shift tomorrow. :(

Edited by SW1

One of my great regrets in life is never having built a Delaque gang. I am delighted at the prospect of a second chance.

I played a Scavvy gang back in the day, though the case I had them in (along with a lot of other models) was stolen around 15 years ago now. But I still have my Orlocks and Spyrers, so it looks like they may be getting new bases and updated paint jobs in the near future.

I don't think I will, but it's tempting to paint up a bunch of Delaques like nosferatu and call them the Orloks...

And because of all the talk earlier about war boys and day of the dead, and because I perform for a living and was literally just reorganizing my photos, here, randomly, are some pictures of me in relevant costumes:

This was for somebody's wedding. Nobody has ever paid me to be a war boy before or since, but I had a good time doing it. I used a bicycle gear as a stencil for my chest.

http://i.imgur.com/vKF7biH.jpg

And a few not great pictures from the actual show:

http://i.imgur.com/CzYuUha.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sc5NEpt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZYBM3BE.jpg

And this is from the Dia de los Muertos gig we did, another theme that's only come up the one time. I don't remember what the event was.

http://i.imgur.com/DWIKqdq.jpg

@SlavetoDarkness Yeah Fibromyalgia. I do try and "clamp" to the table. unfortunately my hole body shakes sometimes. I also have arthritis, and I'm only in my twenties :(

@Calyptra Wow awesome pics and skills! Fury Road is like my favourite film, I saw it 5 times at the cinema!

@Corsovitt Siouxsie and the Banshees theme would be epic!

I still can't believe how popular Escher seem to be, loving it! :biggrin.:

@SlavetoDarkness Professionaly? 5 years, I think. Maybe 6. I work in circus, so I get hit on the head a lot and can't be expected to keep track of things like that.

@SisterAlessia Siouxsie & the Banshees are at least 3 of my favorite things.

I'm still considering naming my theoretical, eventual Delaques the Orloks. People know the vampire in Nosferatu is named Orlok, right?

@SlavetoDarkness Yeah Fibromyalgia. I do try and "clamp" to the table. unfortunately my hole body shakes sometimes. I also have arthritis, and I'm only in my twenties :(

Damn, Im sorry to hear that. :(

At least you have hair, I look like a Warboy who has ate all the pies. I have also been mistaken for a slightly taller Dwarf, though I have a note from the Patrician to prove Im human. (free internet cookie for the first person to get the reference).

Edited by Slave to Darkness

@SlavetoDarkness Professionaly? 5 years, I think. Maybe 6. I work in circus, so I get hit on the head a lot and can't be expected to keep track of things like that.

I'm still considering naming my theoretical, eventual Delaques the Orloks. People know the vampire in Nosferatu is named Orlok, right?

Ahh a Circus, thats pretty cool! Wish I had an interesting job, hell I wish I had any job lol.

If they dont know the Vampire was called Count Orlok they should be exiled from the hive!!! As Nosferatu is one of my fave films (silent and the remake) I demand you make your shiny headed gang.

Even as I'm really hyped by Munda and going to have it, even if I need to cut your beard off STD, what I actually crave is an Ash Wastes expansion, to let me play Mad Max—esque vehicles.

Thats fighting talk boy!!!

I dive through the door first using the smallest customer as a club and you run in behind me using me as cover. If I get taken down by a hoard of stinky grots please grab a boxset for me and bring it to the med ward. :lol:

As for the Ash Wastes expansion, I hope they do eventually do something like that. One of the reasons why Im a little bit cheesed off that they are flirting with 8th ed rules for this is mainly due to the amount of material already out there for 'Munda, like the Ash Wastes vehicles, create your own gang and some damn good Zombie Apocalypse rules.

I know we could always use the new minis with old rules but if your local store is a GW and there is no clubs nearby we are kinda screwed as we have to play with (potentially) inferior rules. (Yes I am still bitter about 8th ed)

Are you the inspiration behind corporal nobby nobbs, StD?

Ooh a city watch themed enforcer gang... With a jokaero librarian, a squat who is 6ft6inches tall, a werewolf, a golem (or this being 40k some sort of sentient mechanicus robot), several squats and ogryns.