The Drinking Hole - General Necromunda banter thread

hummus

... This is why my bookshelves sag with the weight of games I love that I don't get to play anymore, or in some cases have never gotten to play at all. ...

You and me both, battle-brother.

Your the first female I have ever spoken to that has actually read a Pratchett book!!! :ohmy.:

I don't know what uncultured hovels you've squandered your life in, but it's been a long time since I've met a girl that couldn't relate to at least some Pratchet and was old enough to take the train by herself.

Re: Keep circulating the tapes. All well and good for the life of the game and the internet is a big place with many wonders to be found and alluded to, but remain mindful that the forbiddance of 'IP violations' around here is part of the dark pacts that keep the Gee-Dub legal teams at bay and that even nine pages deep in the underhive the Inquisition is watching. Don't let them catch you riding dirty.

I've got some hope that the new edition'll repair some of the issues from the last 'official' revision, and most importantly for me keep the House of Iron strong.

I'm a bit torn on the whole monopose vs multi-part thing, actually. It may be a moot point, since it looks like we're getting multi-part, but part of what made the old minis so good was precisely the fact that they were monopose, as the sculptors could make whatever pose they wantedand not worry about having interchangeable arms/legs/heads etc.

They were a bit of a crapshow to convert, though.

Yeah, I think that sometimes modular interchangeability comes at the expense of design.

In a weird, backhanded defense of monopose models, I do like how they encourage interesting conversions. It's a pain, but I like that cool, interesting conversions can come from it. I do realize that you can make cool, interesting conversions from modular kits too, it's just that they're less motivating because they're less problematic.

Uh, just so you don't think I'm more of a lunatic than I in fact am, given a choice between identical monopose models and a modular kit, I will always buy the modular kit.

Who said they have plastic Orlock stub gun arms goin spare again?

So whats peoples plans atm? or is everyone waiting to see what GW are doing before they continue??

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Just a friendly reminder that buying, selling, and trading are not allowed by the forum rules. Any such discussions should be taken off-board or to PMs.

I know, but I cant remember who said had some to PM them about it though. Once I find out all such stuff will be done via msg dont worry. :)

I have leftovers from a box of witchelves, a box of wyches and a box of daemonettes somewhere in my bitzbox...I need to find them! :biggrin.:

Thats the exact contents of my Escher bits box lol

Plans at the moment, to journey into the dark dank underhive which is called my garage and search out my remaining Necromunda Miniatures - I once upon a time had every gang but with multiple moves and selling off stuff to fund other aspects of my hobby, I now have just the Escher, Ratskin, Cawdor, Redemptionist and Scavvy hidden somewhere. 

Also need to get out my SW:A terrain and continue assembly. 

Just a friendly reminder that buying, selling, and trading are not allowed by the forum rules. Any such discussions should be taken off-board or to PMs.

Yup ... Trading is not something the B&C is able to moderate if things go wrong so keep it to PM's or arrange for discussions to happen via personal e-mail.

I'm slowly collating my Necromunda stash and deciding what gangs to roll with. Anyone interested can find pics of the growing hoard here ...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/13693-sw1s-necromunda-gangs/

Help ... I think I have an addiction to Lead!!!

Edited by SW1

Well I've got two models nearly completed before painting so far. I think I'm going to go with the more obvious combos of gear from last edition and take a chance. I was never one for exotic weapons but stuff like combos of stub/autopistol and knife or auto gun with a holstered CC weapon or pistol should be a safe bet.

I'll get some pictures up of my gang leader asap. I'm leaning to more of an ashlander vibe so a gang that ventures out into the ash wastes looking for archeotech and stuff they can scavenge from caravans that never quite made it to their destinations.

I'm trawling my extensive collection of bits for genestealer hybrid, cadian, catachan, dark elder, admech, etc, parts and seeing what works.

I've been considering rebooting my Orlocks in the hopes of having then ready when the new game drops. I'm hesitant because I don't really know if people here are going to want to play it.

If you are on Facebook ask for people in your area in the 'Necromunda Worldwide' group. 

I've been on a hiatus from Facebook for a mix of mental health reasons and unrelated technical difficulties. But I'm sure I'll eventually end up back there.

In other news, since getting home from my gig tonight I have watched the Necromunda trailer video six times...

Facebook is a cesspit of morons and information you don't want. 

If you are going back to facebook, make an account for your 40k interests and groups/chats and skip the rest. 

But...I want a House Escher signature banner...anyone got one? :)

If you are going back to facebook, make an account for your 40k interests and groups/chats and skip the rest. 

Wait, people use Facebook for anything else? Why would they want to do that?

But...I want a House Escher signature banner...anyone got one? :smile.:

Olis made an Escher banner here

Edited by GreyRavenC

I was once in an indie film about a cult My Little Pony larpers who turn to cannibalism...

Go with Rainbow Bright or Strawberry Shortcake. The ponies have been done to death.

Care Bear Goliaths might be fun.

Got my leader underway now but I will wait before I start painting because I have a gut feeling weapon options may vary from the original game.

This is Edmun Thrace, sometimes refered to as Thrice as in the Thrice blessed or Thrice cursed depending on the situation. While not a native of Necromunda he is well known amongst many scrap dealers of the Underhive and possesses an unnaturally high level of understanding of technology which have lead to many rumours of his true origins.

Thrace and his gang venture out into the Ash Wastes nearest the walls of the gargantuan Hives to recover lost archeotech from trade caravans that failed to cross the wastelands. He is equipped with a wide range of devices to ensure his survival and monitor the ash storms.

http://i63.tinypic.com/2q9001j.jpg