Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

Thanks again:) I'm neglecting my responsibilities once again by hanging out instead of working, something will pop up tomorrow though! Very inspired to finish this, and maybe get some work done on the knight after that.

Thanks Grieux:)

i have got some updates for yall today. First up a berserker with a big axe and a pretty cool helm:

gallery_73760_13626_30894.jpg

Then I've started thinking about poses for the prince:

gallery_73760_13626_91184.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_227711.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_162736.jpg

I also started building a custom claw for him, as the standard hand is a bit strange. Just some long fingers pointing straight out, i wonder what the idea was with that. He's got a temporary belt buckle, i knew i wanted to put something there except for just cables dangling. I just need to flatten the existing cables a bit so the buckle doesn't stick out like it does now. Maybe i should get rid of the scroll and pouch too, they seem a bit out of place. Now i just need to figure out what to do about the other arm, i'm thinking of a halberd or even a giant hammer/mace, anything but a standard axe or sword.

Thanks for looking!

Dude! The berserker looks awesome and that is a fine helm you've made. It will be copied now! Thanks!

And I am liking the claws instead the mcCreepy fingers. Pose is off to a fine start. I don't know if I missed it but what will you do for the other arm. Also, loving that with each update he is getting closer and closer to completion :)

Thanks you two!

Gederas, I bought the Prince last year, it might be online only?

Hush, the other arm will hold a hammer or a halberd, some big thing that's not a sword or axe:)

And I think I've scrapped the Asturias leg armor idea, I think it'll just make everything too busy

Edited by ElDuderino

Gederas, I bought the Prince last year, it might be online only?

Nope. It's totally gone from the website. That model's named "Chaos Space Marines Daemon Prince", and searching "Daemon Prince" only brings up the plastic kit, the Nurgle prince and Bel'akor.

I say pin a right arm on and see what he looks like in total before you go bulking anything up. Once you put on that daemon lightning claw arm my eyes were drawn to that and my concern for the legs diminished a good bit.

One thing to get this guy more inline with TDA armor would be those hip plates. And maybe...just maybe those pistons on the thighs if he was formerly indominus plated. Not necessary at all but maybe adding that little bit to the DP would help with the look if you still think it looks skinny.

Very cool progress on the DP and interesting ideas. You could alwya hang something of his belt to give his legs a different silhuette, skull trophies, cc weapons, gun holster, etc. Or mayne you coukd wrap some chain/barbed wire around his thigh? But that would also increas the thickness fron to back.

I love the hammer idea, theres obviously a veriety of skull shApes and sizes in the both AoS and 40k. How about the face of the hammer is a massive brass skull and at the back huge wedge, spike or pick?

Also great work on the Berzerker with the mega cleaver.

I started on the left arm today, just stuck the sword there to get the angle of the arm right... and now i kinda like it. Would it be cheating to use the standard sword?=)

Other than that i'm filling the space between the shoulder pad and the actual shoulder with wiring and such. And the lightning claw has gotten some pistons, not that it's easy to tell from the one picture i managed to take with anything visible at all (starting to miss having the sun up in the middle of the night)

And seeing him without like this I instantly start having second thoughts about the head:down: oh well.

gallery_73760_13626_42242.jpg

I say pin a right arm on and see what he looks like in total before you go bulking anything up. Once you put on that daemon lightning claw arm my eyes were drawn to that and my concern for the legs diminished a good bit.

One thing to get this guy more inline with TDA armor would be those hip plates. And maybe...just maybe those pistons on the thighs if he was formerly indominus plated. Not necessary at all but maybe adding that little bit to the DP would help with the look if you still think it looks skinny.

I was gonna add those pistons but i don't know, i made a bunch of those for my termiantors and they didn't come out that great. And they're boring as hell to do haha. Hip armor however is something to think about, the shape is pretty simple so it'd be possible to sculpt even.

The guy with the twin-handed axe is just pitch-perfect, mate! Love the helmet! Was that spliced together using the small base-trophy helmet from the Dark Vengeance sprues? If so, that's just ingenious!

Love how the DP is coming along as well! :smile.:

Thanks! To be fair the pose is a copy of another model i saw here (probably from betrayer41 or husrong). And you're correctnabout the helm! It seemed like a waste to just throw it onto a base. It has some cables added to its left side to, it ended up being covered by the collar of the armor though:)

Very cool progress on the DP and interesting ideas. You could alwya hang something of his belt to give his legs a different silhuette, skull trophies, cc weapons, gun holster, etc. Or mayne you coukd wrap some chain/barbed wire around his thigh? But that would also increas the thickness fron to back.

I love the hammer idea, theres obviously a veriety of skull shApes and sizes in the both AoS and 40k. How about the face of the hammer is a massive brass skull and at the back huge wedge, spike or pick?

Also great work on the Berzerker with the mega cleaver.

I've got the set of skulls and modeling chain, I'm sure some of it will end up on this guy:) I'm sure it'll work out somehow, haven't decided on what to do yet:)

As for the hammer, the idea was to use the meteorhammer from the Bloodthirster, but it turns out it's comically large on this guy. And now i started liking the sword, we'll see what happen i guess!

I've not checked this thread in a little while, and holy :censored: - I missed a lot of good stuff! That guy's shaping up to be the coolest daemon prince I've seen in a while, man - insane work.

Thanks, glad you checked in again:) Hopefully the daemon prince will be done until next time hehe

Blood Warrior kit + Mk. III legs seems like the perfect combo to make berzerkers. I'm worried GW will see it and forego releasing a new kit. :tongue.:

Yeah it just fits so well! Maybe i'll try some raptor legs too, just to break up the monotony a bit. And I wouldn't worry, i know i'd buy new bersekers in an instant when they finally arrive! And remember these will just be ~ ten guys, building an army like this would be harsh on the wallet

Edited by ElDuderino

Haha, action figures are the coolest so that's not an issue at all. Maybe it's just the smooth GS being reflective in the light. Once you get it more details and painted you'll be singing a different tune. Or making sweet roaring and battle effects sounds having that mini stomp on some Guardsmen.

While I see what you mean about the head -- the "action figure look" might stem from the fact that it's still fairly clean and preliminary at this point, but it nevertheless works very well and will be even better with a few tweaks, such as:

• adding a bit more variation to the teeth (see my earlier comment on the subject
  • maybe a few more cables to tie the head and body together even better
  • some further detailing on the helmet, such as some chaotic trim on the "eyebrows" and a mixture of a vent/bony ridge running down the centre of the forehead, stuff like that.

With some of those tweaks in place, the head will resemble the rest of the model more closely in texture and level of detail.

In other news, the sword arm looks perfect that way! I would definitely keep it!

Thanks guys! i haven't given up on the head yet, i'll do some more tonight! Trim and ridges along with rivets seems like a good start, trim has the added benefit of covering up any slight mistakes along the brow.

The sword stays, it just fits. I like leaving visible traces of the original model for some reason, it's one of my favorites and i'll probably never get a hold of another one.

Some more minor updates (tell me if you're bored yet:D )

gallery_73760_13626_31781.jpg

here's an idea of what the shoulders look like, cables galore! For once i've had some foresight and decided to leave the paldrouns unglued until after painting, i was about to paint up a juggernaught last week but the damn thing needs to be broken down if i'm ever to get it looking right!

gallery_73760_13626_50967.jpg

The legs has recieved a slight layer of greenstuff near to the knee, as the thighs narrow a bit in that area. No real loss of detail which is a plus, there was just some musculature there.

gallery_73760_13626_40932.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_36803.jpg

And finally some more work on making the claw look functional, as a bonus i can finally work on the other shoulder once this is done. Then it's just a matter of finishing the head, the legs and covering every clean area in skulls. Blood for the something something after all:wink:

Nice work on the TDA DP my man! I love these kind of updates with smaller details that truly add a lot to a mini.

The added cabling at the arm joint looks great and the arm looks great! I also think you found a fantastic spot to bulk up the legs! That definitely added some size and muscle!