Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

I really want those monopose ones for the heads :smile.: Looking at the sprues though that's going to be some work. One of the heads are part of the torso. :ermm:

Cutting below the knee and adding the shin and foot bit might be a good way to go for using those bodies. Gederas did that to one of the bloodbound minis. I kind of wonder if there would be a good way to make it look like mk4 armor. Or if that's a good idea. I'm looking at those Word Bearer Ashen Circle with how their knees look.

gallery_73760_13626_35690.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_52437.jpg

Brother Trogdor always took a liking to the "burn" part of "kill maim burn" and he has attached a chain to his flamer to keep it from getting lost in the heat of the moment. He also never read the Codex Astartes, and hence don't know that running and firing a flamer can be dangerous. I think I'm going to paint him up all blackened from soot if i can get it too look good.

Nice work on the 40kified Zerker head.

Don't feel bad about the time frame either, but I do always appreciate an update, whatever the status of the slowed down work happens to be.

Cheers, and I look forward to more.

Yeah i figure a week or two should be ok without losing all interest from you all, I'll try to keep from going six months without updates again though:) thanks!

I really want those monopose ones for the heads :smile.: Looking at the sprues though that's going to be some work. One of the heads are part of the torso. :ermm:

Cutting below the knee and adding the shin and foot bit might be a good way to go for using those bodies. Gederas did that to one of the bloodbound minis. I kind of wonder if there would be a good way to make it look like mk4 armor. Or if that's a good idea. I'm looking at those Word Bearer Ashen Circle with how their knees look.

Interesting Idea, i bet it could look good with the BW knee pads cut a little below the middle, and maybe MK IV greaves under since they're quite bulky? I never liked the knees of MK IV myself, i think i'll just put regular CSM legs (hehe detective Regular Legs) on below the knees.

On the subject of the monopose BWs, i think the poses are kinda set in stone if you want to preserve the details. I'm looking at the one with thelong beard now, don't know what the hell I'm gonna do about that, i stole the head before stopping to think:biggrin.:

New burner World Eater is hot! I love the idea that he will be covered in soot form setting blazes and playing in the ashes and smoke.

Forgeworld mk4 is nice because the knees are more pronounced and hurting out. The plastic ones seem like mk7 armor with lines in them. Honestly the mk3 are my favorite as they look old school and they are beefy as heck. But looking at the ashen circle and Narik Dreygur show some good examples of mk4 style to copy.

And yeah. I was thinking about the monopose BA just for the heads haha. They almost seem worth $15 until I realized I can buy a set of Khorne warrior heads for cheaper. Just face palming now as I did have unbuilt sets of the AoS starter blood warriors until I sold them off awhile back.

@Hush

What a bummer man, bet you learned to be a horder at least. I guess the full set can ve obtained pretty easily again though. There's always the wrathmongers otherwise, so many great bits in that set.

And i really hope I can pull of the soot, he'll probably just turn up black haha

@betrayer

Thanks, glad that you like him! The chain is mainly there because the flamer looked so unbalanced and unnatural just pointing out, i think it works quite well now. And some bogus explanation so it doesn't seem like he's just to weak to wield it haha

Edited by ElDuderino

Hoarding? :whistling: Yeah, I used to have a problem and bunch of stuff (a seriously sad amount of everything gathering dust and taking up space) but this last year cleared out everything but a few decks of MTG and I'm down to one miniatures game and one army (well, faction: CSM). Now I rely on ebay to cherry pick exactly what I need aside from whole kits or sets I can pick up at GW.

As for soot, have you looked into the Forgeworld weathering powder they have for that? I don't think they sell individual powders on their site as I want the orange rust but some sellers have it on ebay by itself.

@Hush

What a bummer man, bet you learned to be a horder at least. I guess the full set can ve obtained pretty easily again though. There's always the wrathmongers otherwise, so many great bits in that set.

And i really hope I can pull of the soot, he'll probably just turn up black haha

@betrayer

Thanks, glad that you like him! The chain is mainly there because the flamer looked so unbalanced and unnatural just pointing out, i think it works quite well now. And some bogus explanation so it doesn't seem like he's just to weak to wield it haha

I think the chain brings the model so so much character ill be tryin that out for sure

I this guy with the flamer and chain strap is very cool :biggrin.:

Thanks PBB, yeah i like him too! Nice sense of movement too if i may brag a bit:)

Hoarding? :whistling: Yeah, I used to have a problem and bunch of stuff (a seriously sad amount of everything gathering dust and taking up space) but this last year cleared out everything but a few decks of MTG and I'm down to one miniatures game and one army (well, faction: CSM). Now I rely on ebay to cherry pick exactly what I need aside from whole kits or sets I can pick up at GW.

As for soot, have you looked into the Forgeworld weathering powder they have for that? I don't think they sell individual powders on their site as I want the orange rust but some sellers have it on ebay by itself.

I know man, i have a room full of sprues all of the sudden, plus half finished electronics projects, plus music equipment and Lego. maybe i need to practice some restraint hehe.

The weathering powders look sweet, a ice reason to finaly order those WE coversion sets. ()

What better way to instill terror in your enemies' hearts than partially setting oneself on fire alongside the weaklings before chopping them to pieces?

I don't know man... besides doing a bunch of coke and riding a bike of course

I LOVE the Berzerker with the flamer. That looks so cool :thumbsup:

Thanks man!

I didn't notice that this thread had become active again! Your 'betrayed style berserker is looking wicked as all hell!

I'm particularly impressed with your work on the terminator daemon prince, though - impressive!

Thanks Augustus! About that prince, i've actually done some work on it now hehe.

@Hush

@betrayer

I think the chain brings the model so so much character ill be tryin that out for sure

Do it! It's 1.2 mm anchor chain, got like 2 meters for $10 at the local hobby shop. I just need to find a better way to sturdy it up with glue, now half of the links are filled with superglue:/

Now for some updates!

gallery_73760_13626_53987.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_78007.jpg

I've done some minor work on the terminator "roof" (is there a better term for that, and what is it? Power unit cover?). I bulked out the shoulder pads a bit, they looked way too small with the added volume of the torse. Plus spikes, spikes are chaosy. and used to give rerolls if anyone remembers that:) It looks a bit much with the spikes on the trim on top of the torso though, hm...

gallery_73760_13626_2889.jpg

Here's an attempt at sculpting a mutated terminator helmet for the head, like Zhufor has. Needless to say, it's not very good. The angles and shapes are off and it looks like some cheap toy from the 80's. I still want to show it for some reason, it was apparently above my own level but it's not too bad for a first attempt really. Now the question is, should i try again or just go and buy that damned plastic prince kit for a head?

I've done some minor work on the terminator "roof" (is there a better term for that, and what is it? Power unit cover?).

I suppose it could be called a cowl? I'm not sure either.

The termie prince is looking stellar. Perhaps you could try to make his thighs larger though? I feel like they're a bit thin for a guy wearing that kind of armor.

If you don't have a helmeted Zhufor in your collection, you could always pick one up and use his head! I'm sure you could find use for the rest of the mini in your army too.

Edited by AHorriblePerson

*slaps the roof of the TDA Daemon Prince*

This bad boy can fit so much bad ass into it!

He’s looking ever more awesome each time I see him. I honestly thought the legs would look small compared to the body but seeing that front pic proved me wrong. The helmet is also pretty cool. I also think you should look at stuff like orc armor from Lord of the Rings. Some of those curves with that maw would look sweet. I also wonder if a contemptor head would be a good base to go off of for this too.

Regardless your sculpt work is light years ahead of mine.

@AnAreeablePerson

Cowl, yeah that makes sense of course. I think I'll stick to roof though, it's sillier:D

As for Zhufor, I guess it's not obvious but a regular terminator head looks comically small on this guy, unfortunately he's still too small for the bloodthirster heads... it's a bit of an conundrum.

@Hushrong

Hm, the Lord of the rings range is totally unknown to me, but maybe there's some big monster with a helmet there somewhere? I'll have a look, thanks for the info!

As for contemporar heads, the top part is actually the head from a plastic contemptor! Maybe one of the more intricate FW models has a suitable one, not sure where I'd find one of those though.

And you both mentioned the legs, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do anything more with them, as there's so much details that'd get ruined. One thing I've have been thinking of is adding thigh armor like this:

41anyYu64FL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

I absolutely love the dark souls games and I've been wanting to incorporating some sort of homage in my minis, the aesthetic is not very similar to chaos marines though. But maybe this would solve both that and the DP skipping leg day?

Oh man, now I see that it was a contemptor head you used. On that note I wonder if something like the Mhara Gal head from the word bearers would be a suitable candidate. Or maybe copy this artwork of Argel Tal's head here. I think the artist is/was a B&C member too. I like how the upper jaw and face are still very mk4 while there is an open maw below. I would hold back the idea of sculpting an indominus terminator head and use the contemptor head to model something like a tartaros helm warped and mutated instead.

As for LotR I meant the styling. I forget they have a miniatures range haha.

And I think the legs are alright. I was worried before with how big the upper torso is that the legs would look like they skipped leg day. However, seeing that frontal picture of the TDA prince squashed that. I will say that the layered armor on artorias' leg would be awesome.

Edited by hushrong

I really like the idea hushrong proposed; you could possibly even get some use out of the prince's default head! Regarding the legs, the thing about them being to slim might just be me - after all, I seem to be the only one feeling like that. That said, if you think you can pull off the Abysswalker's armor, definetely go for it!

And you both mentioned the legs, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do anything more with them, as there's so much details that'd get ruined. One thing I've have been thinking of is adding thigh armor like this:

41anyYu64FL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

I absolutely love the dark souls games and I've been wanting to incorporating some sort of homage in my minis, the aesthetic is not very similar to chaos marines though. But maybe this would solve both that and the DP skipping leg day?

Actually, if you look at the recent Chaos Marine releases, especially Khârn, you'll notice that those kinds of leg plates very much do fit into the Chaos Marine aesthetic. Look at the recent AoS Khorne stuff. They all have those hip plates.

Don't beat yourself up about the sculpting, it's miles ahead of where mine's at! I think having another try would definitely be worth it, even if just for a bit more practice. I agree with @AHorriblePerson regarding the thighs veing a little skimpy, however, they'll still look alright if you choose to leave them. As the LotR kits have been mentioned, one of the armoured troll heads could work quite nicely, though you'll probably find it more useful to buy a Prince or Soul Grinder/Defiler kit.

It’s been a while since I last stopped by here and you have done some very cool stuff :). The Daemon Prince is seriously amazing though. Are you set on a terminator style head for him? I ask because I used the head from the herald on skull throne kit on my DP and it seems a good size with the added bonus of already being Khornate.

I am excited to see how this turns out though :tu:

Nemac

Thank you all for the input, I really appreciate it! I wish I had the cash to try out all the great ideas you cone up with, but the gf has gotten suspicious of all these models turning up all of the sudden:)

About the legs, I'm trying the layered plates of Artorias, I think shoulder pads from the blood warriors or wrathmongers might be a good start. And I'm contemplating adding the exoskeleton found on TDA too, unless the greaves start looking too small. I definitely don't want to mess with them, all that trim and stuff is not something I want to have to recreate:)

Oh man, now I see that it was a contemptor head you used. On that note I wonder if something like the Mhara Gal head from the word bearers would be a suitable candidate. Or maybe copy this artwork of Argel Tal's head here. I think the artist is/was a B&C member too. I like how the upper jaw and face are still very mk4 while there is an open maw below. I would hold back the idea of sculpting an indominus terminator head and use the contemptor head to model something like a tartaros helm warped and mutated instead.

As for LotR I meant the styling. I forget they have a miniatures range haha.

And I think the legs are alright. I was worried before with how big the upper torso is that the legs would look like they skipped leg day. However, seeing that frontal picture of the TDA prince squashed that. I will say that the layered armor on artorias' leg would be awesome.

Dude that artwork looks great, i vaguely recognize the style too from here. That head seems much easier to replicate, none of the weird angles of a terminator helm. The crest of horns might be problematic to fit though, but I think it's look cool without it too

I really like the idea hushrong proposed; you could possibly even get some use out of the prince's default head! Regarding the legs, the thing about them being to slim might just be me - after all, I seem to be the only one feeling like that. That said, if you think you can pull off the Abysswalker's armor, definetely go for it!

Yeah I've been looking hard at that head, I think I'll keep it as a backup in case everything else fails:)

And you both mentioned the legs, I was hoping I wouldn't have to do anything more with them, as there's so much details that'd get ruined. One thing I've have been thinking of is adding thigh armor like this:41anyYu64FL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Actually, if you look at the recent Chaos Marine releases, especially Khârn, you'll notice that those kinds of leg plates very much do fit into the Chaos Marine aesthetic. Look at the recent AoS Khorne stuff. They all have those hip plates.

Don't beat yourself up about the sculpting, it's miles ahead of where mine's at! I think having another try would definitely be worth it, even if just for a bit more practice. I agree with @AHorriblePerson regarding the thighs veing a little skimpy, however, they'll still look alright if you choose to leave them. As the LotR kits have been mentioned, one of the armoured troll heads could work quite nicely, though you'll probably find it more useful to buy a Prince or Soul Grinder/Defiler kit.

Thanks man, I'm not too beaten up, practice makes perfect and so on:) the defiler has been on my buy-list since it came out haha, strictly for parts nowadays (it's a bit silly)

It’s been a while since I last stopped by here and you have done some very cool stuff :). The Daemon Prince is seriously amazing though. Are you set on a terminator style head for him? I ask because I used the head from the herald on skull throne kit on my DP and it seems a good size with the added bonus of already being Khornate.

I am excited to see how this turns out though :tu:

Nemac

Thanks, glad that you found your way back:)

I'm not set at the helm at all, seems like too much bother atm, maybe with some more gs practice though. About the Herald head, that's just about the size of a bloodletter head, right? Might be a bit small unfortunately... but that kit is defiantly on my buy-list, seems like a great source of bits!

Now unfortunately I'm in Greece for a week (very sad indeed haha), but expect something next week!

Edited by ElDuderino

Aw crap, now I really need to buy that. The large khorne rune could go on the knight, and maybe the cannon could be used for a base for a knight weapon... And i need the plastic Prince. And a defiler. And FW berserker bits. And i'd better get that altar carried by ogres vefore it goes out of production.... And so on

But that really looks cool, great work on that! I'd have to get rid of the horns though since it'd interfere with the cowl/roof and cover up some details in there:)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back from Greece now, however Sweden is almost as hot so more time is spent on beaches and playing boardgames than sitting alone in the dungeon. What little hobby time i've had has gone into sculpting mr Daemon's head.

gallery_73760_13626_562678.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_539904.jpg

I'm quite happy with this! I went with the MKIV look as suggested by Hushwrong (Thanks bud!). Now the only problem is that those horns interfere with the armor, I might just save this head for something else later. MKIV makes little sense on terminator armor anyways. Back to square one i guess, with some more sculpting practice at least (I'm so sick of sculpting btw, every little bit takes five attempts at least). I'll try getting some berserkers done now, painting will have to wait until the heat is gone.

Thanks for looking, and of course all inpiration and suggestions!

(gah, the pictures looked less muddy and giant-sized on the phone, sorry:/ )

Edited by ElDuderino