Elduderino's World Eaters - Juggers paint in progress

ElDuderino

I don't know really! I want to tech them up a bit for sure, vents and such is a good idea. I'll use marine arms mainly along with the shoulder pads, hopefully that will make them more identifiable as marines. Maybe some csm helmets too and a bit of good old guitar string here and there. I don't want to go overboard with sculpting though, as I'll do about 10 of them and I don't want to give up halfway through due to gs-burnout

The only sculpting I have done are around the knee joints and where I add the back pack 'port' to the bloodwarrior armor. Under a close inspection you can tell my guy's legs aren't perfect but they get the job done. I actually have my final five I need to do tonight. For a crummy GS user like myself it hasn't been bad.

If you want to use marine arms I suggest maybe filling in the socket of the blood warrior torso with greenstuff. I didn't do that with my first five but I did get it to work. Although, I think it would have been better for when I used marine arms with pistols.

Helmets are a tough fit. You will basically have to remove some of the front collar detail of the bloodwarrior and do a little bit of tinkering.

For vents I had been looking at the guardsmen voxcaster bits. That and a bit of green stuff with cabling running around the torso to the backpack unit.

I'm sure there's more and again I look forward to seeing yours. The betrayer41 berzerkers have become my favorite thing in a long time with this hobby.

I really like where this Daemon Prince is going. I love this body, I did a light conversion of one for my friend, just adding wings, tail and the remains of a boltgun to it... but to this day I couldn't believe when it got replaced by the plastic kit, which to me is so inferior it was insulting! The old prince is so awesome, so its great to see it come back in the incarnation. I really love what your doing with it, making the Terminator armour, I'm guessing it will be challenging but so awesomely rewarding. I hope you make some homebrew rules for this guy. Significantly unique models always need some fun rules and interesting backstory!

very excited about the updates for the prince!!!

@hush

Those are some great suggestions, thank you! I'm was about to get some work done but now I've locked myself out of the apartment instead haha. You win some lose some i guess. I'll go check your thread for updates to pass the time:)

@Pandora

Yeah that "new" kit is so ubderwhelming, i didn't believe it when the first pics surfaced. It's good for conversions I guess but the kit is so dann uninspired (I'm actually thinking of buying one for the bits so maybe I shouldn't complain(I need to stop buying multiple kits for every single model, this is getting expensive!)) I hope I can make the original model justice with my version, we'll just have to see:)

Man, its going to be fine. You care about the conversion and that's whats going to make it amazing. There's nothing wrong with getting the Prince kit for parts, I mean it has a whole bunch but as a whole its clearly not as cool as the one that came before it.  It could be because they only wanted one kit between Fantasy and 40k... but still, it lacks so much detail by comparison. I know what you mean about buying multiple kits for your models too, I've managed to avoid it for the most part but a load of my ideas would require them. I keep thinking, I should only buy the kits if I can make as many models as the total kits would provide all together... that's proving difficult though, so I guess ebaying is the only answer there.  At least after using the bits you need you end up with a nice pool of bits, then hopefully in the future you could get everything you need from there to make model.

looking forward to an update man :biggrin.:

Due to birthdays, work and summer in general i haven't got much done lately, but here's some progress at least!

gallery_73760_13626_108066.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_110402.jpg

I've done some gs work on the prince, mostly on the vents on his back, but here are some better pictures at least. Still no idea what to use for a head though, any advice is highly welcome!

gallery_73760_13626_11168.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_110577.jpg

And i've built my first Betrayer style berserker! It took a failed attempt to get the legs sorted out, but now it looks pretty good imo. You can see the seam in thelower picture, acceptable i think. Maybe i'll cover it up with a holstered pistol or something. I think the cable and raptor arms goes some way to make him look more 40k than AoS, and i did one of my usual head splices for the tubes and breathing apparatus. More of these to come, they're quite enjoyable to build:)

Dude! The TDA prince looks awesome! I wonder if there is an armored ogre head that could work like Augustus used on his jump pack nurgle prince? Or could a contemptor dread head be armored up? Or maybe use a bloodthirster head with some work done to it?

The berzerkers is also awesome! I think you made the legs look good transferring over more of the mk3 thigh onto the blood warrior. I am also going to steal the cabling into the armor. That looks good. Hoping to see more soon! I need to pump out four more tonight now that I think about it.

Have you heard of ‘Nemeroth’? He originated on a video game. I rediscovered him looking for inspiration for a Contemptor I’m planning in the future. He’s a chaos Lord in terminator armour who becomes a Daemon Prince. There is a lot of variation in the pics but I think you might find some useful images to help with your Daemon Prince in TDA.

Nemeroth gets killed before he's fully Ascended. He never becomes a full Daemon Prince in Terminator Armour. That being said, he's HUGE before he's ascended.

Like: He looks like he's almost twice Titus' height, and Relic confirmed they made all the Astartes 7'6" in-game.

Ah i see. That is why he is asymetrically big. He is only half ascended. I actually really like the assymetrical part and thought that was just 'chaos'. Still, he's in terminator armour so might still be useul for inspiration.

The berserker is looking great. Great pose, really menacing. You guys are having a lot of fun with those AOS parts I'm getting pretty jealous.

Seriously awesome thread you got going here! I'm going to keep an eye on this one:wink:

That AoS / MK3 Marine Kitbash is looking very good. I've had a relatively similar idea. But instead of using the whole MK3 leg, I will make the cuts on both AoS Blood Warrior and MK3 Marine below the knee and then swap boot for greave. Should involve hopefully less green stuff work. But your Berzerker is 1.5 to 2mm taller than my version then. Where do you get those cables from? I like them a lot, as it gives the Blood Warrior a nice 40k vibe. 

Your demonprince is truly going to be a monster! Really looking forward to seeing it built! I've always wondered why Terminator Lords never are granted daemonhood... Maybe that's why Abbaddon hasn't evolved yet:woot:

How do you go about sculpting the trim on your contemptor? I've got a leviathan dread sitting here, and I'm a bit unsure how to get started at adding trim...

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments everyone! In reverse order and with crappy spelling since I'm dumb and short on time:

gallery_73760_13626_110402.jpg

Looks like the sculptor took inspiration from the late H. R. Giger, especially his work for 'Alien'.

Now that you mention it, yeah maybe! although who haven't:) the cables running into the vents irks me a bit btw, i'll have to do something about that

Where is the cabling from? I have been looking forever haha

It's good old guitar string! I've been raiding my girlfriends acoustic guitar, six different sizes and everything:)

Seriously awesome thread you got going here! I'm going to keep an eye on this one:wink:

That AoS / MK3 Marine Kitbash is looking very good. I've had a relatively similar idea. But instead of using the whole MK3 leg, I will make the cuts on both AoS Blood Warrior and MK3 Marine below the knee and then swap boot for greave. Should involve hopefully less green stuff work. But your Berzerker is 1.5 to 2mm taller than my version then. Where do you get those cables from? I like them a lot, as it gives the Blood Warrior a nice 40k vibe.

Your demonprince is truly going to be a monster! Really looking forward to seeing it built! I've always wondered why Terminator Lords never are granted daemonhood... Maybe that's why Abbaddon hasn't evolved yet:woot:

How do you go about sculpting the trim on your contemptor? I've got a leviathan dread sitting here, and I'm a bit unsure how to get started at adding trim...

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouragement:) The cables are guitar string, as for the trim it's a bit more involved. I basically try to get the general shape right, then i co back and cut with a hobby knife to make the edges sharper. Studs are made by drilling a hole, gluing some electronics wire (0.1 mm i think) and then cutting it off with a pair of pliers. and if there are sharp egdes after cutting, th wire is soft enough that you can just press the jagged parts down with something hard.

The Berzerker looks good, as does the sculpting/conversion work you've done so far on the Daemon Prince (?). :thumbsup: Initially I thought it might be an updated version of Abaddon... *hint hint*

Hehe yeah abbadon seems lika a popular guess but it's just Angry Joe the daemon prince

Fantastic work on the berzerker, and that Daemon Prince is coming along really nicely -- getting such a "Horus Ascended" feeling from him for some reason...

Thanks Kraut! We'll see how Horus-like he'll turn out in the end

Have you heard of ‘Nemeroth’? He originated on a video game. I rediscovered him looking for inspiration for a Contemptor I’m planning in the future. He’s a chaos Lord in terminator armour who becomes a Daemon Prince. There is a lot of variation in the pics but I think you might find some useful images to help with your Daemon Prince in TDA.

Nemeroth gets killed before he's fully Ascended. He never becomes a full Daemon Prince in Terminator Armour. That being said, he's HUGE before he's ascended.

Like: He looks like he's almost twice Titus' height, and Relic confirmed they made all the Astartes 7'6" in-game.

Ah i see. That is why he is asymetrically big. He is only half ascended. I actually really like the assymetrical part and thought that was just 'chaos'. Still, he's in terminator armour so might still be useul for inspiration.

The berserker is looking great. Great pose, really menacing. You guys are having a lot of fun with those AOS parts I'm getting pretty jealous.

That DP is looking amazing! and i really like the bez too amazing use of part to make them look up to date and authentic :smile.:

The prince is looking good, but that zerker is pure awesomeness!!! Such a great combination of kits, I think you nailed it!

Having just recently done up MK III Berserkers, I think you did a great job! It never looks quite perfect, but they really stand out so well agaisnt other marines. The Demon Prince is also super badass!

Thanks everyone, I feel like i have to mention again that the berzerker is based on Betrayer41's recipe, I really just copied his work and took some ideas from others that he inspired (Hushrong and Kraut comes to mind, I've probably forgotten someone too)

I think @hushrong has a good idea with an Ogre head, probably from the ironguts set. The berserker looks spot on, nice use of the cabling.

Dude! The TDA prince looks awesome! I wonder if there is an armored ogre head that could work like Augustus used on his jump pack nurgle prince? Or could a contemptor dread head be armored up? Or maybe use a bloodthirster head with some work done to it?

The berzerkers is also awesome! I think you made the legs look good transferring over more of the mk3 thigh onto the blood warrior. I am also going to steal the cabling into the armor. That looks good. Hoping to see more soon! I need to pump out four more tonight now that I think about it.

I know that head and it's great, I kinda want somethin more reminiscent of a marine helmet though, maybe a mutated terminator helmet. I've no idea how to go about that though.... But maybe that contemptor head is something that vould be used as a base, i've got one in the bit box somewhere.... Hm. Thanks for the suggestions!

Zerker looks great. I see a few mould lines on his kneepad still, but I think you're right that the cabling brings together the AoS bits with the 40k ones. I think you'd get away with it quite well if you simply added an accessory over the back of the leg "graft".

Cheers.

Thanks man. Yeah I'll try covering it up but i feel like it's conna be cluttered with the tabbard and chainmail already being there. Maybe i'll just have to bite the bullet and do some gs work, doe'snt have to be anything fancy since it's in the back and all. And thanks for pointing that mould line out, I'd have found it when painting otherwise probably:)

So i haven't been able to get much done, almost vacation so lots to do at work and at home. Here's a armless zerker and a head anyways, i'd feel stupid not to show anything after taking so long to answer you all:)

gallery_73760_13626_24510.jpg

gallery_73760_13626_10823.jpg

I really like the head since it's made of the extra part for base decoration from Dark Vengeance:)

Until next time!

Edited by ElDuderino

Yeah such a cool thing to include on the sprue! There's a cultist's head too but there's just half of it iirc. I think it'll go on a marine looking to his left, I really like the cables on the right side, I don't understand why they don't put that sort of details on the multipart kits. Seems like it could still allow for different poses if done right. Oh well, with my luck there will be a new berserker kit the month after I'm done with these with all the cables one could wish for Edited by ElDuderino

Huzzah! more ideas to steal! The first head is AWESOME! The addition of the vox grille under the upper teeth is fantastic. I need to copy that for my next batch! Maybe a few times. The other head will also look good and unique. Is that the one for the base and not off of the DV Chosen?

Man, you are getting me stoked about these berzerkers. I had been thinking about finally using mk3 helms and maybe trying the plastic tartaos helds too but seeing you take the bloodwarrior head and do that is fantastic!

Have fun with the vacation and know I am looking forward to more when you get back!

Thanks Hush, steal away! I'll just be gone for the weekend so no need to get all sentimental:)

The vox grille is really quite simple to do, especially since the blood warriors have those sharp canine teeth, a bit of gs and the blend into the edge of the grille. One advice though, the csm heads are way longer than the blood warrior heads so the neck has to go along with some of the back of the head. Do this before finishing the rest, I broke mine and had to redo the GS. Facepalm.

My guess is that mkiii helmets are way too massive to easily fit the BW torsos, maybe with some cutting... Give it a try!

Yeah, I think I am going to nab a box of those starter bloodwarriors myself. I think the BW from the first starter set had cooler helmets than the boxed BW. Once I get that I am going to try and copycat your work. I am seriously enamored with that helm you put together. It's obviously khornate, it has a vox grille like an astartes helmet, and it looks like a screaming skull.

On the next batch I build I am going to try and removed the extra trim from the front of the collar to make fit longer helms like the mk3. betrayer41 and Vazzy have mk3 helms used that look good. 

This latest berserker actually has a slightly shaved down collar just for that purpose, but I ended up going with a different head in the end. I think it needs to be cut down a bit more to really fit though.

And beware that the monopose BWs are much more intricate in their poses, I'm trying to figure out where to cut their boots off without ruining too much detail atm. I think Chainaxe_of_Khorne might be onto something though, leaving the BW knees on would probably save a lot of wirk